Home

NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Modding Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #57
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
If Vlad really has built an editor that can easily edit their next gen PC version...

A: It would be worth a lot to 2K to use themselves...

B: It would be easy for them to offer him a nice amount of cash to keep it away from the modders. If you can edit this game and keep it fresh / up to date courts / player faces / new rookies etc...it would essentially make purchasing it yearly not necessary.

They may well buy him out. It would be the smart business move.

It would be very dissapointing. I will be buying this game on PC the moment the first player mods are made. Hopefully it is not blocked.
Could someone give me an ELI5 on why it would be beneficial to 2k? The way I see it is they do not currently release any sort of official modding tool (shame, I can only dream of awesome mods all over the workshop), and having this out there means there can be a modding community without them having to actually do anything.

My understanding (which is obviously wrong) is having this tool out there is essentially a free benefit to 2k. Why is this not the case?
Old 11-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #58
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

2K's masterplan! Snatching up the tool makers. It's been a good run I guess 2K is afraid that the tools will muck around with their precious VC.

So...if that were to happen is it up to the Chinese to make a tool for 2k16? I wish 2K would just release a mod tool for us plebs to play with. I would like to try my hand at some modding

I used to mod the tanks for the first Combat Mission. I miss those days lol
Old 11-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #59
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Or seeing as though they lose money on the pc version maybe they can use it to their advantage to make some?

I honestly don't know. I don't think they hate modders or anything seeing as they went and hired a couple so far.

If they want Vlad does that mean more pc on the future

So many questions
Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 12

Wow this is starting to get into conspiracy theory territory. At least gregkwaste is pretty close to getting a fully working tool out too.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #61
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Guys relax. There are hundreds of modders out there. There are no conspiracy theories. It's good that some modders are given the opportunity to develop their hobby. There will always be a new Jao or Vlad out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #62
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls

Ah man, really happy for Vlad, sad for the PC community. Damn, we were so close...
Old 11-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Could someone give me an ELI5 on why it would be beneficial to 2k? The way I see it is they do not currently release any sort of official modding tool (shame, I can only dream of awesome mods all over the workshop), and having this out there means there can be a modding community without them having to actually do anything.

My understanding (which is obviously wrong) is having this tool out there is essentially a free benefit to 2k. Why is this not the case?
Basically...if people can update faces and courts and add new modes like NCAA etc and add rookies and uniforms...it means there are less reasons for people to buy the game every year. Sports games rely on people thinking " i want the new rookies" etc etc to purchase annually...but, especially with how powerful the new player creation mode is, modders could effectively keep the game fresh and up to date. Vlad even said he could add new music.

Even if a small percentage of people are content with a modded NBA 2K 15 and don't buy 2K 16, that is a big loss of revenue.

Their are tonnes of moddders....but they all need the toolmakers to work their magic before anyone can even start. Leftos, Jao and Vlad are light years better than anyone else out there for tools and tutorials.

Side note: and yes, I realise games like Skyrim have great modders. The difference is that those games come out once every five years or so and modding adds a tonne to the longevity to the game.

Sports games want you to purchase something EVERY year that is 95% the same as you purchased a year ago. I will be honest and say that I would be happy skipping purchase every odd year if next gen sports titles could be modded and kept up to date.

Last edited by Walt Frazier; 11-14-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #64
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Did Vlad give us an update? I want to know what the negotiation was about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »