Home

NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Modding Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

Alright well right off the bat, the file structure is different. The files aren't out in the open in individual .iff files. My computer doesn't even recognize a file type, it just says type: file.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that current mod tools will NOT work for 2k15. Hopefully there are still .iff files batched together underneath.

We'll have to see what the big guns find when they figure out how to look through the files.

Update: Oct 20, 2014

We are starting to see some progress on understanding the file structures and we have SweetFX, sliders and Rosters starting to trickle out. I'll update this first post when I can.

SweetFX

Modding Research progress
  • NESA24 is making some progress on a file explorer, check out the thread over at the NLSC forums

• Vlad is working on a modding tool and he's made some progress with game files. Rosters look to be heavily encrypted though so it may be awhile until we get traditional roster editors. Check out his thread on NLSC

• KevinParker13 has a Game File research thread on NLSC. He's updating the contents of the game files as more research is done. Here's what he has so far:
    Spoiler

Released Modding Tools
  • NESA24 has released his file explorer tool (BETA version), it allows for exploring and exporting files. As of now it doesn't allow for importing anything back in but that could be coming soon.Download at NLSC

• gregkwaste has released his file explorer tool here's his post with a how to and download link on NLSC
    Spoiler

• VladZolaJr has released his REDMC editing tool. It allows for exporting and importing of textures. No roster editing as files are heavily encrypted. Here's the download link on mediafire

Technical fixes and optimizations
  • Microstuttering fix thread at NLSC by KevinParker13
  • Fix for using sweetFX on Windows 8.1 by mlp111

Quote:
    Go into your steam app. Click on settings. In the in-game settings area, disable " steam in game overlays". Simple as that and everything is fixed. Posted in nba-live forums if you need a walk through in the sweetfx thread

Last edited by clipperfan811; 11-16-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

Yep I'll wait and enjoy in the meantime
Old 10-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
Pro

Yeah I was pretty much expecting this. I'm sure I'll find a way or two to keep busy with all the goodness we have this year, especially since this is my first taste of next gen.

That being said if any of you tool makers need help with some of the grunt work, pm me. I'd be glad to do what I can.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
Pro

Starting to experiment with sweetFX for 2k15, I got pretty comfortable with the config files last year so shouldn't be too hard to tweak it to where I like it.

Here's my first one, I'm going to see how it translates to different arenas. There's slightly more contrast and sharpness in game than in the uploaded screen shot. I'll put it up on NLSC when I test/tweak it a little more.

Spoiler
Old 10-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I haven't been able to get SweetFX to work(Win8). How'd you do it?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I haven't been able to get SweetFX to work(Win8). How'd you do it?
I'm on Windows 7 64bit but the base I used has a Windows 8 version. I used the one by GoldenState77 then just changed the settings file to my taste.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Non-stop CTD's with the 8.1 version on additional color. I don't have fraps or anything like that running, and it doesn't get past the legal information screen. The steam notification box in the lower right doesn't come up, that's how I know when it's crashing. Deleted the files and everything works fine again.

Any ideas?

Last edited by bcruise; 10-17-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Non-stop CTD's with the 8.1 version on additional color. I don't have fraps or anything like that running, and it doesn't get past the legal information screen. The steam notification box in the lower right doesn't come up, that's how I know when it's crashing. Deleted the files and everything works fine again.

Any ideas?
quite a few people have this issue, including myself, havent been able to solve it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »