Home

NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Modding Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I haven't been able to get SweetFX to work(Win8). How'd you do it?
I found the fix. After 2-4 hrs off playing around. Go into your steam app. Click on settings. In the in-game settings area, disable " steam in game overlays". Simple as that and everything is fixed. Posted in nba-live forums if you need a walk through in the sweetfx thread
Old 10-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
I found the fix. After 2-4 hrs off playing around. Go into your steam app. Click on settings. In the in-game settings area, disable " steam in game overlays". Simple as that and everything is fixed. Posted in nba-live forums if you need a walk through in the sweetfx thread
Thanks, that worked! Unfortunate that Steam's in-game screenshot feature is a casualty of this, but I have other ways.

It looks really good, I'll post the first one I took in the pics thread.

Okay, something seems weird to me, but maybe this is how it's supposed to work. My screenshots (which I'm taking through Fraps and the AMD Gaming Evolved App) lack the SweetFX lighting that I'm seeing in-game. It's a HUGE difference in how the shots look vs the actual game. Any reason why that might be?

I'll hold back the screens for now since they're nothing any more special than what I had before.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-19-2014 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:12 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Thanks, that worked! Unfortunate that Steam's in-game screenshot feature is a casualty of this, but I have other ways.

It looks really good, I'll post the first one I took in the pics thread.

Okay, something seems weird to me, but maybe this is how it's supposed to work. My screenshots (which I'm taking through Fraps and the AMD Gaming Evolved App) lack the SweetFX lighting that I'm seeing in-game. It's a HUGE difference in how the shots look vs the actual game. Any reason why that might be?

I'll hold back the screens for now since they're nothing any more special than what I had before.
I haven't tried the evolved app yet, but I know fraps does darken screens or over saturate them... I'll play around with them tomorrow to see if I can find something's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #12
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Try MSI Afterburner. Never had any issues with it not picking up SweetFX settings in games.

Sent from my Note 3

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Try MSI Afterburner. Never had any issues with it not picking up SweetFX settings in games.

Sent from my Note 3
Yep, that worked. It's a big difference from Fraps screens.

Thanks, both of you!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Nice work man! I added the fix to the main post. I'm going to try to stay on top of updating the main post as much as I can.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #15
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I really am hoping someone will come along and mod the horrible court reflections. They look nothing like real life in it's current form. Not to mention how low rez the actually paint and lettering is on the courts. I feel they were more spot on in the last gen, in the way light reflects off of polished/waxed wood.

Last edited by SeaNNyT; 10-21-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I really am hoping someone will come along and mod the horrible court reflections. They look nothing like real life in it's current form. Not to mention how low rez the actually paint and lettering is on the courts. I feel they were more spot on in the last gen, in the way light reflects off of polished/waxed wood.
I think last years version were overdone but I agree with you about the courts this year. 2K needs to figure out the middle ground.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »