Home

2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese

This is a discussion on 2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-20-2020, 03:10 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
No...they don't deserve to shoot 80%. That's not basketball.
I'll say this, even if 2k lower the 3 point rate to 55-60%, it'd still look like cheese. Most good Pro Am/Rec teams are shooting around 60%, that's 2s, 3s, and inside scoring. You're likely to lose by a blowout if you can't stop a team scoring at an efficient 60%. If Curry was open all the time with a 50% make rate he'd have 40 ppg easy

Yes I prefer 3 point ratings be lowered to realistic standards, but in the end it wouldn't matter much because anybody shooting at 55% or more will continue to dominate. Now it could make gameplay more interesting and better for the 2k series overall.

Also how would badges even work for this scenario?

Last edited by ImInThis; 08-20-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Leaving 80% as an attainable percent for open 3 point shots won’t fix the problem. It just leads to teams spending the entire possession getting that guy open. Hence the current 5 out popularity where you basically have to choose between letting the guy shoot an open, off dribble 3 (typically behind a screen) or concede a dunk to the roll man. If they at least nerfed off dribble 3s, it would help immensely. At least a catch and shoot 3 requires some teamwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would like it if they addressed of dribble 3's and screens in general.Guys dancing around until the defender gets magnetized to the screeners HoF Brick Wall isn't good gameplay philosophy IMO, and neither are guys being able to hit difficult moving leaners from 30 feet away on the regular.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:52 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
No...they don't deserve to shoot 80%. That's not basketball.
i dont think people can deal with missing open shots lol. i can imagine the whining
Old 08-20-2020, 07:54 PM   #60
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
i dont think people can deal with missing open shots lol. i can imagine the whining
Maybe I've been playing basketball for too long, but I couldn't even begin to think that 80% is acceptable.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:46 AM   #61
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
and i cant Deal with people hitting every shot, regardless of their rating or even shot quality, just because they got their Timing down. that way i just feel ripped Off. i try to Play Basketball and get Good shots, while some people just Sprint around hitting pullup 3s just because they Green it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 02:54 AM   #62
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:

They cant which why we in this mess in the first place.

They think that regardless of rating a shot should fall because it was a prefect release and it took skill to learn just 1 release
Lol

Old 08-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
They cant which why we in this mess in the first place.

They think that regardless of rating a shot should fall because it was a prefect release and it took skill to learn just 1 release
Lol

The thing is....Alot of the audience aren't hardcore basketball guys.Being more casual fans they've been programmed by highlight reels,Sportscenter, and even 2K itself into thinking that in a typical NBA game Kyrie takes multiple guys off the dribble every possession, Curry drains it every time he shoots, Lebron dunks it over 3 guys every time he gets the ball,etc.

With that mindset, of course they're going to think that the guy they made with a similar build shouldn't ever miss.It's basically what they've been taught about the NBA.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Maybe I've been playing basketball for too long, but I couldn't even begin to think that 80% is acceptable.
its not even questionable. there was a patch late in 2k17 that had non shooters hitting at a 30-40% clip. big youtubers and guys in the 2KL today threatened to stop playing because their teammates missing open shots was unacceptable to them.

they just want a competitive game under basketball settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »