Home

2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese

This is a discussion on 2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2020, 07:08 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
It's worth pointing out that most of the people who think they are hardcore basketball guys are really just casuals with an elitist mindset.

2K sold 16 million units this year. The number of applicable "hardcore" players is no more than 50-100K (at best).
Where do you get your numbers Rashidi? This is all some dead end discussion and giving numbers from your mind can only lead you to what you also criticize or discuss, you know...

Whoever points out the rights don't need labels, they are just facts coming from whoever, elitist or not..

Ps: i'm trying to point this out just for the critical thinking not against you, btw.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:19 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2k's Obsession with Shooting Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
It's worth pointing out that most of the people who think they are hardcore basketball guys are really just casuals with an elitist mindset.

2K sold 16 million units this year. The number of applicable "hardcore" players is no more than 50-100K (at best).

Humm... I dunno. I think there are plenty of hardcore basketball guys. You're discounting the hardcore basketball guys that are probably 'trash' at the game, or disgusted by the state of online play. Guys who play on pro and edit sliders, etc. I mean, there are a ton of 'you might be a hardcore basketball guy if...' scenarios I can think of. Basically anyone who can enjoy myleague/gm is a hardcore bball guy. haha.

I think you're thinking of it more like an IQ bell curve scenario where the amount of people who are GOOD at the game AND hardcore basketball guys is a very small percentage. OR you're the one applying a super elitist definition to hardcore basketball guy. Or people who have extremely high BBall IQ.

Since you are someone who makes rosters, I think you understand the dedication necessary to 'tune' the game to play realistically, and it's not always related to 'hardcore' basketball concepts. That is, not everything works as you'd think it would.

The amount of people who have maxxx bball IQ + the ability to execute in 2k is very few, but that's kind of like any game.

Note you're saying that less than 1% of people who play 2k are hardcore basketball guys... that's kind of a stretch. Maybe less than 10%.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »