Home

HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

This is a discussion on HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-21-2019, 01:07 AM   #41
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
If you actually played "Comp" Pro-Am you'd know majority of comp teams don't run 5 out. 5 out hasn't really been popular since 2k18. You may see it here and there but it's not ran as often as it used to be. I'm not sure what all the crying is about. On top of that damn near every comp team has a lock down build on their squad so 5 out basketball is pretty much a dead mission if your lock is somewhat decent. So what if people are shooting limitless 3's and using "OP" builds etc. It's been a problem with the game for a couple years now and 2k hasn't done anything about it. Rather than keep crying and complaining on deaf ears make the proper adjustments and find ways to win. That's what good players do. There are plenty of squads out here not following META's and still winning.

Promoting someone to make a shooter and be a cone is a bad idea as well lol. You're not getting many looks against a comp team being a cone and if you don't have a full squad to run with consistently you're no good because these randoms don't have the IQ to facilitate. I'll keep saying it, 2k should just strip badges and archetypes and let everybody be on a level playing field. Even with that set up I'm sure people will run to OS and reddit to cry and complain. SMH
Yeah anything that disagrees with what you're saying is "crying/complaining". Ok den...
Also must be nice to assume that if someone's pointing out flaws with the game, they must suck at it and don't know how to adjust or counter it. Point is, we shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to counter some arcade gameplay element that shouldn't even exist.

Idk what game you're playing, but the 5 out or 4-1 set while the PG dances around for 20 sec with his Unpluckable Handles for Days, using a suction screen, surrounded by his godlike HOF deadeye catch & shoot cones, is a meta that hasn't gone away. Have you watched the 2K League?? Nuff said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
Yeah anything that disagrees with what you're saying is "crying/complaining". Ok den...
Also must be nice to assume that if someone's pointing out flaws with the game, they must suck at it and don't know how to adjust or counter it. Point is, we shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to counter some arcade gameplay element that shouldn't even exist.

Idk what game you're playing, but the 5 out or 4-1 set while the PG dances around for 20 sec with his Unpluckable Handles for Days, using a suction screen, surrounded by his godlike HOF deadeye catch & shoot cones, is a meta that hasn't gone away. Have you watched the 2K League?? Nuff said.
If you could search my post history you'd know I support a lot of the claims that people post on the forums. I understand where everybody is coming from. These problems have existed for quite some time and 2k has done nothing about it. The same complaints have been posted on reddit as well as here for 2k20. At this point your best bet would be to make the adjustments you need, continue to lose/win and be mad, or just stop playing the game altogether. I never said complaining/crying = sucking btw.

The main point I highlighted was the claim that everybody is running 5 out basketball and that's not true whatsoever. It wasn't until a couple post later where people started mentioning 4 out 1 in. You want a game to be super realistic with a bunch of limited archetypes that can't do much of anything. It's honestly not happening until 2k figures out a better system. As of now this game is PG/C heavy. It's been like that for a while.

I'm just trying to keep it as real as possible. A lot of people hate to hear it but that's just where we're at with this franchise. At this point you just gotta suck it up and deal with it until a fix happens.

Last edited by Korrupted; 12-23-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #43
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I have gotten a 2way slashing playmaker to a 94 with all his defensive badges. I'm 6'5 and have HOF pick dodger, HOF intimidator, i have high 80s lateral and perimeter defense. I have literally taken their PG out of the game with this build. If we run a 2-3 zone and I'm holding the corners/wings that side of the court is a dead zone. They WILL NOT attempt to shoot on my side after the first few attempts. If we play man i can get beat on the screen but still jump at the shooter a couple feet away and HOF intimidator will pop up and they will brick.

I'm not even a pure lockdown. You could absolutely create a 3 and D player and guard 1-4 at the right height. I also have a 6'7 SF with HOF intimidator and centers and PFs with a foot of height difference will miss point blank at the rim.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
If you could search my post history you'd know I support a lot of the claims that people post on the forums. I understand where everybody is coming from. These problems have existed for quite some time and 2k has done nothing about it. The same complaints have been posted on reddit as well as here for 2k20. At this point your best bet would be to make the adjustments you need, continue to lose/win and be mad, or just stop playing the game altogether. I never said complaining/crying = sucking btw.

The main point I highlighted was the claim that everybody is running 5 out basketball and that's not true whatsoever. It wasn't until a couple post later where people started mentioning 4 out 1 in. You want a game to be super realistic with a bunch of limited archetypes that can't do much of anything. It's honestly not happening until 2k figures out a better system. As of now this game is PG/C heavy. It's been like that for a while.

I'm just trying to keep it as real as possible. A lot of people hate to hear it but that's just where we're at with this franchise. At this point you just gotta suck it up and deal with it until a fix happens.
Fair points but the more complaint threads about this the better. Maybe if 2K was flooded with this they'd actually do something about it.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I have gotten a 2way slashing playmaker to a 94 with all his defensive badges. I'm 6'5 and have HOF pick dodger, HOF intimidator, i have high 80s lateral and perimeter defense. I have literally taken their PG out of the game with this build. If we run a 2-3 zone and I'm holding the corners/wings that side of the court is a dead zone. They WILL NOT attempt to shoot on my side after the first few attempts. If we play man i can get beat on the screen but still jump at the shooter a couple feet away and HOF intimidator will pop up and they will brick.

I'm not even a pure lockdown. You could absolutely create a 3 and D player and guard 1-4 at the right height. I also have a 6'7 SF with HOF intimidator and centers and PFs with a foot of height difference will miss point blank at the rim.

It can be done but you literally need the perfect collection of players with almost godlike defensive chemistry and perfect timing, perfect rotations, etc. It shouldn't be that way just to cover for OP gameplay flaws. This game is arcade as far as I'm concerned.

Let me just go over the LAST GAME I just had in Rec that we have to deal with
  • Super Tryhard Squad vs Randoms
  • 4-1 set (of course)
  • 2-Way SLASHER goes 4 of 5 from three smh
  • PG dances around for 20 sec (thanks HOF Handles for Days and HOF Unpluckable) around suction screen
  • PG with unrealistic speed boost/bursts, unrealistic momentum, unrealistic speed dribbles and change of direction
  • Spam 10 crazy dribbles perfectly into a Stepback 3pter from 10 feet behind line with a release 5x quicker than Steph Curry's IRL release
  • Spamming Left Bumper double team for added unrealistic defense
  • Godlike cones standing in their spots like the bums they are

THIS GAME IS FAAAAR FROM "SIM". IT'S UNREALISTIC ARCADE MODE IN THE SO-CALLED "REALISTIC" MODE - PRO-AM.

There is no variety when it comes to "comp" squads. Same old boring and unrealistic 'basketball'. Fueled by 2K's pathetic arcade meta.

This game has become a joke, I can't even take a "skill gap" seriously when so much unrealistic bs happens in this game. We are starting to get into NBA Live territory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #46
Banned

Just rename this Street Figher. Memorize a combo and that's basketball. If you memorize a dribble combo, you're golden in 2K20. Such skill.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #47
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I really want to know how the conversation goes when the PG wants to run that 5 out offense where only he get to touch the ball and they might get a shot or two if their man helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #48
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
It can be done but you literally need the perfect collection of players with almost godlike defensive chemistry and perfect timing, perfect rotations, etc. It shouldn't be that way just to cover for OP gameplay flaws. This game is arcade as far as I'm concerned.

Let me just go over the LAST GAME I just had in Rec that we have to deal with
  • Super Tryhard Squad vs Randoms
  • 4-1 set (of course)
  • 2-Way SLASHER goes 4 of 5 from three smh
  • PG dances around for 20 sec (thanks HOF Handles for Days and HOF Unpluckable) around suction screen
  • PG with unrealistic speed boost/bursts, unrealistic momentum, unrealistic speed dribbles and change of direction
  • Spam 10 crazy dribbles perfectly into a Stepback 3pter from 10 feet behind line with a release 5x quicker than Steph Curry's IRL release
  • Spamming Left Bumper double team for added unrealistic defense
  • Godlike cones standing in their spots like the bums they are

THIS GAME IS FAAAAR FROM "SIM". IT'S UNREALISTIC ARCADE MODE IN THE SO-CALLED "REALISTIC" MODE - PRO-AM.

There is no variety when it comes to "comp" squads. Same old boring and unrealistic 'basketball'. Fueled by 2K's pathetic arcade meta.

This game has become a joke, I can't even take a "skill gap" seriously when so much unrealistic bs happens in this game. We are starting to get into NBA Live territory.
I'm telling you, there's ways to beat it. Most of the REALLY GOOD teams that play that way are in team Pro-Am. The guys you catch in the Rec that play like that probably got beat by 30 by the Pro-Am teams. So they're B- teams at best. If I've got a squad with me that understands Zone defense they're pretty easy to defend. It does involve a lot of communication, but we will typically hold our own if not blow them out.

It is cheese, trust me. But after seeing my guy OBLITERATE my match up defensively, my buddies are working on defensive builds now. Most our bigs are 3 and D and the wing players are developing the same thing. If you only get a few defensive badge points i highly recommend investing in at least Silver clamps and Bronze Intimidator. Those badges work wonders.

I played a team exactly like that with randoms. Double screen at the top, dribble dribble, shoot. Once he got off his game he literally gave the ball up to the Slashing ball handler and became a cone himself. It wasn't until garbage time that he ended up getting back to a decent percentage, but by then it was too late. We had a 10 point lead most of the game, we ended up winning by 4. But he only scored 18 points on less than 50 percent from the floor and around 40 percent from deep.

It CAN be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »