Home

HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

This is a discussion on HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #25
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21

Here's the vid of the contested 3s btw.
Such boring basketball... Buncha cones just standing in the corner while they spam 1 play and the same moves over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
A thread bashing badges from people who don't know how they actually work amazing
All you have to do is

1) Look at the gameplay results
2) Hmm why does EVERY comp team play 5 out
3) Compare these results with the real NBA

When you compare a comp pro am game to the real NBA, you realize, "wow this is not basketball". This is 100% due to the archetype system being susceptible to OP jumpers, OP builds, OP ratings, OP badges, etc. 2K can't say no to these things 'cause these things sell the game. "Make this build and you'll be a 2k gawd!" Say whatever you want, what we are seeing in the nba 2k league etc does not do a very good job representing the dynamics of real basketball.

I say scrap all the badges that encourage 5 out. I think many people can agree it's boring as hell basketball.

good for 5 out:

Handles for Days
Unpluckable
Deep Shot Deadeye
Limitless Range

2K needs to adapt to the gameplay the same way the real NBA does. When scoring was down, they got rid of hand checking. Well guess what 2K, everyone has been playing 5 out now for years. There's a reason for that - 'cause the archetype system and game dynamics allows it. So change the crap that allows that style of play. Pretty simple.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Theyll never remove shooting badges cause it makes your average bum better > feel better > spend more time ingame > possibly spend more money...
Pretty much. I'd tell any noob to make a shooter and spot up and just have people set him up. He'll score 15 just if he knows how to press the shoot button.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
Such boring basketball... Buncha cones just standing in the corner while they spam 1 play and the same moves over and over.
Yep, even when watching Twitch streams of people who are not especially good it often devolves into nothing but people hunting for 3's over and over and making them look like layups.

Quote:
When you compare a comp pro am game to the real NBA, you realize, "wow this is not basketball". This is 100% due to the archetype system being susceptible to OP jumpers, OP builds, OP ratings, OP badges, etc. 2K can't say no to these things 'cause these things sell the game. "Make this build and you'll be a 2k gawd!" Say whatever you want, what we are seeing in the nba 2k league etc does not do a very good job representing the dynamics of real basketball.
Agreed. Even a cursory search on Youtube will turn up loads of videos with titles like "Best Jumper!Green Every Shot!","Best Crossover To Break Ankles!", "This Build Is Unstoppable!", and so on.Applying all these "RPG Mechanics" is leading to something more resembling Dungeons& Dragons with a basketball than even amatuer level basketball, much less the NBA.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #29
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

RPG mechanics for the neutrals . I fear that the next generation of 2K will devolve further into something resembling a mobile game cash grab with some gameplay features. Overreacting here obviously but still I'm upset and annoyed with this timeline.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #30
Banned

https://twitter.com/WITNESS_97/statu...06462498484224

5 out? Check
Spammy speed boost to spammy dribble move? Check
Shoot 5 feet behind the line with a lightning fast release? Check

Then the dude says "Chess not checkers" LMAO

More like Checkmate 2K... your "sim" game is ARCADE. You never go full arcade. But that's what
sells I guess? Even though people left NBA Live because of it.

This is what unrealism does (OP animations, badges, gameplay etc).

It warps and inflates the egos of average players or worse, because they can spam some moves or do unrealistic gameplay and get rewarded for it. This ain't basketball. Real "chess" comparisons would be seeing a play sequence several steps in advance dynamically using IQ (think Jason Kidd or Larry Bird), or an entire game end-result many steps in advance.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 12-18-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
https://twitter.com/WITNESS_97/statu...06462498484224

5 out? Check
Spammy speed boost to spammy dribble move? Check
Shoot 5 feet behind the line with a lightning fast release? Check

Then the dude says "Chess not checkers" LMAO

More like Checkmate 2K... your "sim" game is ARCADE. You never go full arcade. But that's what
sells I guess? Even though people left NBA Live because of it.

This is what unrealism does (OP animations, badges, gameplay etc).

It warps and inflates the egos of average players or worse, because they can spam some moves or do unrealistic gameplay and get rewarded for it. This ain't basketball. Real "chess" comparisons would be seeing a play sequence several steps in advance dynamically using IQ (think Jason Kidd or Larry Bird), or an entire game end-result many steps in advance.
If you actually played "Comp" Pro-Am you'd know majority of comp teams don't run 5 out. 5 out hasn't really been popular since 2k18. You may see it here and there but it's not ran as often as it used to be. I'm not sure what all the crying is about. On top of that damn near every comp team has a lock down build on their squad so 5 out basketball is pretty much a dead mission if your lock is somewhat decent. So what if people are shooting limitless 3's and using "OP" builds etc. It's been a problem with the game for a couple years now and 2k hasn't done anything about it. Rather than keep crying and complaining on deaf ears make the proper adjustments and find ways to win. That's what good players do. There are plenty of squads out here not following META's and still winning.

Promoting someone to make a shooter and be a cone is a bad idea as well lol. You're not getting many looks against a comp team being a cone and if you don't have a full squad to run with consistently you're no good because these randoms don't have the IQ to facilitate. I'll keep saying it, 2k should just strip badges and archetypes and let everybody be on a level playing field. Even with that set up I'm sure people will run to OS and reddit to cry and complain. SMH

Last edited by Korrupted; 12-18-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
If you actually played "Comp" Pro-Am you'd know majority of comp teams don't run 5 out. 5 out hasn't really been popular since 2k18. You may see it here and there but it's not ran as often as it used to be. I'm not sure what all the crying is about. On top of that damn near every comp team has a lock down build on their squad so 5 out basketball is pretty much a dead mission if your lock is somewhat decent. So what if people are shooting limitless 3's and using "OP" builds etc. It's been a problem with the game for a couple years now and 2k hasn't done anything about it. Rather than keep crying and complaining on deaf ears make the proper adjustments and find ways to win. That's what good players do. There are plenty of squads out here not following META's and still winning.

Promoting someone to make a shooter and be a cone is a bad idea as well lol. You're not getting many looks against a comp team being a cone and if you don't have a full squad to run with consistently you're no good because these randoms don't have the IQ to facilitate. I'll keep saying it, 2k should just strip badges and archetypes and let everybody be on a level playing field. Even with that set up I'm sure people will run to OS and reddit to cry and complain. SMH
^stop it. the game is arcadey as can be without calling it nba jams. and the best someone can come up with is "get better". Stop it.

You care more about winning than the actual game of basketball being reflected in this game. thats your choice. not mine. I would rather lose 5 games in a row playing good competition playing real basketball than win 5 games in a row playing nba jams lite aka nba 2k20.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »