Home

HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

This is a discussion on HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That is true, but the shooter's probability has already been boosted before the defender got there. It's like having a base rating of 85, then badges boosts it to 97, and your defender's closeout drops it only to 96 due to the deadeye badge. That shooter still has a high chance of making that shot without an excellent release.

Well, yeah. I wasn't talking about all badges, and I already stated that I'm not a fan of HOF badges because most of them are too powerful. I was just pointing out that things like deadeye and giant slayer don't boost attributes as much as they reduce penalties. Because of that, it wouldn't be better to take a contested shot with deadeye than it would to take an open shot.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Well, yeah. I wasn't talking about all badges, and I already stated that I'm not a fan of HOF badges because most of them are too powerful. I was just pointing out that things like deadeye and giant slayer don't boost attributes as much as they reduce penalties. Because of that, it wouldn't be better to take a contested shot with deadeye than it would to take an open shot.
This. Steady Shooter is another one. Regardless of deadeye, steady shooter etc. you're getting punished for taking a contested shot. Those badges aren't going to help you much with good defenders on you. Steady Shooter is absolutely garbage and I think Deadeye is a waste of space also. You can still green pretty easily on defenders closing out. If it's a good shot contest you're airballing or hitting the front of the rim majority of the time. I have seen some contested shots going in but not at a high rate like it was last year.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #11
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

I'm pretty sure the bonuses of deadeye and steady shooter matter a lot when you consider how 2k penalizes your shot. The more contested you are the lower chance you have to green the shot right?

So if you remove that penalty as much as possible with HOF steady shooter and deadeye then the green window increases by a wide margin right?

So to a player that has a "comp" jumpshot with quickdraw that can green 100% of the shots he takes those badges are highly valuable. Even a lockdown with HOF clamps and intimidator doesn't stand a chance against that.

Those badges might not have mattered as much when 100% green release success didn't exist but they definitely matter now. Keeping that green window as close as possible to an open shot has these dudes hitting 90% of shots that aren't 100% smothered. Sometimes they even hit the smothered shots.

This is the "skill-gap" that they all wanted. If you have the "skill" to time a perfect release then the shot should go in. 2k listened to them. I blame Shookyah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
MyPlayer modes are for E-Sports not realism. That's been made pretty clear for 2 years now. It's so similar to a MOBA now with how you can specialize your player. If it didn't take so long to make builds I could make some very fun builds based on real playstyles.

The E-Sport/MOBA feel that mode is going for values build specialization over realism so I doubt any overpowered offensive, defensive, or playmaking badges are going anywhere anytime soon.

REC, Pro-Am, and Park is going to have to go the way of sim leagues for a realism experience. Just like how Ranked Matches back in the day were full of the "win at all costs" mindset, MyCareer online modes are all about winning by any means.

On a lighter note, watching the pros play against each other can be hilarious. I don't know whether it's HOF deadeye or HOF steady shooter, but guys are greening contested 3s with 2 defenders(both having intimidator badges) in the area like it's nothing now. I only see the game becoming more "skill-based" like this.

Here's the vid of the contested 3s btw.
Soooooo...the entire offense is players in the corners, one player on the wing opposite the ballhandler, and the C keeps setting screens???????

My God...that has to be boring playing like that all the time.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
Rookie

A thread bashing badges from people who don't know how they actually work amazing

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 12-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
I'm pretty sure the bonuses of deadeye and steady shooter matter a lot when you consider how 2k penalizes your shot. The more contested you are the lower chance you have to green the shot right?

So if you remove that penalty as much as possible with HOF steady shooter and deadeye then the green window increases by a wide margin right?

So to a player that has a "comp" jumpshot with quickdraw that can green 100% of the shots he takes those badges are highly valuable. Even a lockdown with HOF clamps and intimidator doesn't stand a chance against that.

Those badges might not have mattered as much when 100% green release success didn't exist but they definitely matter now. Keeping that green window as close as possible to an open shot has these dudes hitting 90% of shots that aren't 100% smothered. Sometimes they even hit the smothered shots.

This is the "skill-gap" that they all wanted. If you have the "skill" to time a perfect release then the shot should go in. 2k listened to them. I blame Shookyah.
What I'm saying is regardless if a player has on Steady Shooter (which 99% of the community doesn't because it's a horrible badge) or Deadeye, a good solid contest is going to cancel those badges out. I don't care what tier you have Deadeye on if you're smothered you're going to miss way more than make. Occasionally you may see a contested green here and there but it doesn't occur every single time.

If you actually play this game you'd know how OP intimidator is. Let's not even factor that in because you're damn sure going to have a hard time with someone contesting your shots with that badge on HOF.

The biggest flaw to me is the shot contest system rather than the badges. 2 years in a row it has been flawed. As for "Comp", everybody turned into cones when archetypes was introduced to the game. SMH

Last edited by Korrupted; 12-11-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
For real? I did not know that. Was it like that last year with badges increasing the overall?
Not that I'm aware of. Next time I'm working on my fictional MyLeague roster, I'll keep a video and show it. I've seen an 87 go all the way up to a 92 from badges

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

Last edited by mb625; 12-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #16
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
What I'm saying is regardless if a player has on Steady Shooter (which 99% of the community doesn't because it's a horrible badge) or Deadeye, a good solid contest is going to cancel those badges out. I don't care what tier you have Deadeye on if you're smothered you're going to miss way more than make. Occasionally you may see a contested green here and there but it doesn't occur every single time.

If you actually play this game you'd know how OP intimidator is. Let's not even factor that in because you're damn sure going to have a hard time with someone contesting your shots with that badge on HOF.

The biggest flaw to me is the shot contest system rather than the badges. 2 years in a row it has been flawed. As for "Comp", everybody turned into cones when archetypes was introduced to the game. SMH
You have to keep up with player trends. Comp players are hitting shots consistently over badged up lockdowns now. The video I linked is proof enough. The MP community follows what these comp players do and when the game first came out they didn't like steady shooter because they hadn't found their jumpshots yet.

Now they have found them and you literally can't stop them consistently unless you are smothering them before they shoot. Add in tight handles and ankle breaker that move you out of position involuntarily and you have a big problem to deal with.

We're not talking about the average REC players here that just play for fun. We're talking about the players that follow the trend these comp players set(and the comp players themselves). You don't realize how hard it is to stop until you play against it. If you had you wouldn't be saying deadeye and steady shooter don't matter. They matter a ton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »