Home

"Bad" Animations in 2k15

This is a discussion on "Bad" Animations in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: "Bad" Animations in 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Yeah really, a one Dirk hop shot while drifting forward instead of a layup? No good; just like sometimes while moving towards the hoop with an open lane my player will elect to do a drifting momentum shot that should only be possible while moving lateral to the hoop instead of going to the rack...how does that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Any dunk animation that's slow as ever and allows the defense to have chance to block it needs to go bye bye.
Basically all of the back scratchers have bad problems with that, a shame because back scratcher quick drops and back scratching rim hangs are awesome looking power dunks imo.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 05-21-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:23 AM   #34
MVP

Another one for the pile....

The scoop shot/layup from the post: This animation has been around forever;it looks like the player picks up their dribble takes 2 steps,gathers,switches pivots, then takes about 3 more steps and lays it up.....though smooth looking to me it also looks like all types of travelling.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #35
Rookie

The biggest one is the stutter dribble when you take your defender, or when you have an open lane. Your player has a wide open lane to the basket and he does this stutter dribble that allows the defender to get in front of you. That has to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrisi2
The biggest one is the stutter dribble when you take your defender, or when you have an open lane. Your player has a wide open lane to the basket and he does this stutter dribble that allows the defender to get in front of you. That has to go.
One of those weird times where your player does an unnecessary animation,I hate that.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:58 PM   #37
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Every cross in this game is too slow resulting in dropping the ball of the defenders feet which should be a kick ball instead of a to.

And just about every kick ball is wrong also. The ones that do get called are like a bail out instead of actually being a kb
Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Every cross in this game is too slow resulting in dropping the ball of the defenders feet which should be a kick ball instead of a to.

And just about every kick ball is wrong also. The ones that do get called are like a bail out instead of actually being a kb
Yeah,thats why you generally see most players only using a certain few iso animations, they stick with the ones that are not super slow.

Also, that spin animation where the player kind of back bumps the defender and drops the ball is aggravating, happens way too often even on a well timed move with a good ball handler.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #39
Just started!

I sometimes wanna se a big man get an offensive board under the basket and not bring the ball back down by his waist before going back up. I wanna see some put the ball back up at the peak where the player grabs it.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkugb
I sometimes wanna se a big man get an offensive board under the basket and not bring the ball back down by his waist before going back up. I wanna see some put the ball back up at the peak where the player grabs it.
Every once in a great while I will see a big man give the ball a little second touch in mid air to put it back in;it is just way too rare though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »