Home

"Bad" Animations in 2k15

This is a discussion on "Bad" Animations in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: "Bad" Animations in 2k15

One animation that really needs a major improvement in my opinion is the one when a player is running and catching a pass and as he catches it he takes like 5 small steps in the direction he was going and it just looks so off. He doesn't have to stop on a dime but come on.

I'll try to get it on video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
One animation that really needs a major improvement in my opinion is the one when a player is running and catching a pass and as he catches it he takes like 5 small steps in the direction he was going and it just looks so off. He doesn't have to stop on a dime but come on.

I'll try to get it on video.
The one that gets me are those bobbled catch animations where the ball clearly hits your teammate before going out, yet somehow you get charged with the turnover.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #27
MVP

Another one for the list I ran into today:

The celebrations after making a random bucket- I understand it after an and one or a poster or big shot, several times now i've had this trigger after randomly and i end up stuck fist pumping or whatever while my man i should be defending races down court and gets an easy undefended score.....again it comes back to the same issue of having control of my player forcibly taken away from me.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Another one for the list I ran into today:

The celebrations after making a random bucket- I understand it after an and one or a poster or big shot, several times now i've had this trigger after randomly and i end up stuck fist pumping or whatever while my man i should be defending races down court and gets an easy undefended score.....again it comes back to the same issue of having control of my player forcibly taken away from me.
Good call there. Again, I'd guess I've played just 10-20 hours of 2K15 this year but the celebrations stuck out like a sore thumb. Not just getting stuck in them, but the manner and frequency with which everyone seemed to celebrate after a made basket.

Gameplay seemed to do so many more things right than not, so I don't mean to harp, but the celebrations were still a running joke in our household. Seemed like even mid-range jumpers in the first quarter would induce a cut-scene and overly excited response from whoever made the shot.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #29
Pro

My top 3:

- When you're trying to stay in front of a zigzagger and your defender suddenly starts walking about 5 steps forward while waving his arms.

- The skipping animation on offense, often resulting in a turnover.

- The one that sucks you into and makes you go over a screen when you're trying to go around it or even when you're simply standing next to the screener. This has to be one of the most under the radar cheese tactics in the game. Opponent calls for iso on the wing, next calls for pick and FADE while running in those mini-circles or just regular zigzag, then simply waits until the MOVING screen touches you and sends you into the animation giving him an open lane (reverse or regular baseline dunk) to the basket or simply an open three or mid.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
My top 3:

- When you're trying to stay in front of a zigzagger and your defender suddenly starts walking about 5 steps forward while waving his arms.

- The skipping animation on offense, often resulting in a turnover.

- The one that sucks you into and makes you go over a screen when you're trying to go around it or even when you're simply standing next to the screener. This has to be one of the most under the radar cheese tactics in the game. Opponent calls for iso on the wing, next calls for pick and FADE while running in those mini-circles or just regular zigzag, then simply waits until the MOVING screen touches you and sends you into the animation giving him an open lane (reverse or regular baseline dunk) to the basket or simply an open three or mid.
I think the waving arms deal happens because the player gets just close enough (or the game thinks he does due to latency) that one of those standing shot contest animations triggers.So basically it is a way to manipulate the animation system in their favor,which is not good.

And that skipping animation, I think its the top most hated animation in the game; it routiely takes control of the player away from you.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #31
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Really 2K...The NEW "Leaning Layup cheese" by shadymikegaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #32
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Any dunk animation that's slow as ever and allows the defense to have chance to block it needs to go bye bye.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »