Home

"Bad" Animations in 2k15

This is a discussion on "Bad" Animations in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: "Bad" Animations in 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
In addition to the ones mentioned...

(1) On a fastbreak, not being able to get past a defender because of suction-cup physics essentially bring the ball-handler to a standstill. I understand the rationale being that offensive players shouldn't just be able to get past everyone but for god sake, it's a fast break and the ball-handler SHOULD have some kind of advantage. Most fast breaks end in some kind of call (offensive or defensive) or a made/missed basket. I hate seeing fast breaks stopped because of my proximity to a defender.

(2) Hook shot animations have been pretty bad for years now. They need new mo-cap sessions.

(3) Need new animations for "close" shots near the basket. It's unrealistic to take a standing jumpshot when you're 3 feet from the basket. Include push shots or things of that nature.

(4) When you have a great dunker on your team and he has the ball, drives to the hoop and attempts a dunk, there are times when an animation will kick in that will cause him to completely airball the dunk. I can understand missed/blocked dunks but airballed dunks? It looks bad.
The worst is when you get pulled into a bump animation and it stops your momentum.

Alot of the near/under the hoop shot animations do look really awkward and other than the sky hook, most hook shots seem to lack any smoothess.

The airball dunk is wierd too,about as bad as the conested dunk where you guy literally just throws the ball away.

I also did notice that the reverse/baseline layups and dunk seem to include a little speed burst within the animation itself,that sometimes causes wierd things to happen,like teleporting.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #18
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
-The alley oop swat: It always looks like the guy is attaining Dwight Howard levels of vertical reach, making it very unrealistic when un-athletic players do it.
Like come on, when has this EVER happened...look at that standing vertical lol, that's bs.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #19
MVP

The animation where your guy loses the ball(whether it's tipped from him while dribbling, or from dribbling off someones leg) and he TURNS AROUND stumbling around like an idiot,nobody does that.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Like come on, when has this EVER happened...look at that standing vertical lol, that's bs.

That's exactly it, the guy suddenly gets rocket shoes and swats the ball at the apex of its arc...just plain silly.

Springs,you mean the one where you lose the ball and it looks like it rolls backwards between the players legs, while he faces the wrong way trying to recover it? That thing is horrible.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #21
MVP

^Yes, that's the one. It's sooo annoying and bad, and i hate the fact that you have no control over your player until this animation is done. Seems like there's 2 variations of it, one where your guy like stumbles over the ball as it rolls between his legs, and another where the ball gets tipped and your guy turns around acting like he has no idea where the ball is. These animations have been in NBA 2k for a while now, i have no idea who thought these animations made any kind of sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

The one that drives me nuts on occasion; you press forward past the half court line and then your point guard decides to begin an animation that takes him back court, lol.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I also did notice that the reverse/baseline layups and dunk seem to include a little speed burst within the animation itself,that sometimes causes wierd things to happen,like teleporting.
I've had very little time with 2K this year but I did experience the speed burst reverse dunk.

I was controlling LeBron James, coming from the right wing. A defender was standing and waiting outside the paint along the baseline (but not holding a "charge" stance). I tapped the shoot button just prior to encountering the defender, initiating a reverse dunk animation from about 10 feet out from the hoop. James accelerated, barreled over the defender, picked up more speed after the contact, then completed an incredible one-handed baseline reverse.

Both my brother and I were left in a state of

Old 05-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
^Yes, that's the one. It's sooo annoying and bad, and i hate the fact that you have no control over your player until this animation is done. Seems like there's 2 variations of it, one where your guy like stumbles over the ball as it rolls between his legs, and another where the ball gets tipped and your guy turns around acting like he has no idea where the ball is. These animations have been in NBA 2k for a while now, i have no idea who thought these animations made any kind of sense.
That's one of several animations that looks like an NBA bloopers reel, aggravates me because they happen way too often on higher difficulties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
The one that drives me nuts on occasion; you press forward past the half court line and then your point guard decides to begin an animation that takes him back court, lol.
I get this on occasion too, the PG will either do some animation with an auto stepback, or a launch animation that throws his back foot over the line, makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've had very little time with 2K this year but I did experience the speed burst reverse dunk.

I was controlling LeBron James, coming from the right wing. A defender was standing and waiting outside the paint along the baseline (but not holding a "charge" stance). I tapped the shoot button just prior to encountering the defender, initiating a reverse dunk animation from about 10 feet out from the hoop. James accelerated, barreled over the defender, picked up more speed after the contact, then completed an incredible one-handed baseline reverse.

Both my brother and I were left in a state of

What's even worse is the way that animation works is once it triggers you could have the smallest player in the NBA and you'll be able to run over Centers and Power Forwards like Bo Jackson running over Brian Bosworth.

It's like once the speed burst kicks in you are literally unstoppable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »