Home

The Real Problem with "Got Next"

This is a discussion on The Real Problem with "Got Next" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 AM   #49
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Real Problem with "Got Next"

Bottom Line: If it takes more time to get in a game than it does to watch a full episode of Seinfeld, SOMETHING IS WRONG.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 10-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #50
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Bottom Line: If it takes more time to get in a game than it does to watch a full episode of Seinfeld, SOMETHING IS WRONG.
Seems this question is needed here as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2046642509
Old 10-03-2014, 02:11 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like it or not this thread will still be around 1 year from now when people see, once again, how obnoxious wait times will be and come here to voice their opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #52
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Of God
Like it or not this thread will still be around 1 year from now when people see, once again, how obnoxious wait times will be and come here to voice their opinion.
No one, rightfully, likes waiting. All I'm saying is that you have a mode that has an INHERENT cost. Persistence and continuity == waiting on your game. Otherwise, we are asking for a different mode. Which is fine!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #53
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No one, rightfully, likes waiting. All I'm saying is that you have a mode that has an INHERENT cost. Persistence and continuity == waiting on your game. Otherwise, we are asking for a different mode. Which is fine!
There is no inherent cost. It's a contrivance. FIFA and NHL have already shown it can be done without massive waiting times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I wonder how many of you people that are complaining about waiting to play:

1. Play MMOs like World of Warcraft.

2. Actually, go outside and play for real.

Just wondering.

And tell me how you would maintain a PERSISTENT environment without waiting. Don't say instancing/phasing because the you break continuity. Wrong answer. I'm sure they would love to hear your ideas.
1. PvP is instanced in most MMOs so I fail to see your point as they commonly use matchmaking and spawn you in a battle arena. Also I don't play them because of their reliance on the theme park model.

2. Closest court is about two minutes walk from where I live. Guess what I do if the court is full? Go home and play video games.

There's nothing persistent about the park. It's an instance where you spawn at the start of the session and for some reason have to wait to play. In FIFA you persistently play on your club and you have a home arena. That's a lot more persistence than having to squad up every time you start the game since you're so fond of it.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #54
Rookie

The entire Park concept is flawed IMO... No one likes waiting on a spot watching an entire game from the sidelines. Hopefully this entire concept is scraped next year, and Blacktop goes back to matchmaking like it was in the past.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #55
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
There is no inherent cost. It's a contrivance. FIFA and NHL have already shown it can be done without massive waiting times.
This is a ridiculous statement. So the laws of time can be ignored. Terrific. FIFA and NHL don't have this kind of mode where you can walk around and see other people playing in realtime.

Quote:
1. PvP is instanced in most MMOs so I fail to see your point as they commonly use matchmaking and spawn you in a battle arena. Also I don't play them because of their reliance on the theme park model.
Bull****. World PvP is NOT instanced. winter grasp and Tol Barand are NOT instanced. You fail to see my point because you only choose to look at info that support only your narrative.

Quote:
2. Closest court is about two minutes walk from where I live. Guess what I do if the court is full? Go home and play video games.
Then why not apply the same principle here? If you are ok with not playing, then don't play! Go to another mode. Fire up a team up match! Why are trying to force the Park to be something that it's not? What is so hard to understand about this? The essence of the mode is lost if you break the continuity. If people are ok with disappearing from the actual park they were in, that's one thing. But that breaks the illusion. WOW does this with phasing the world boss raids. That's the ONLY way you reduce waits. But the problem in basketball is that people are VERY selective in who they play with. If a brown shirt phases into your team, do you bail? Now you are just phasing in squads. That COULD work. But since this is their first volley into this style of online play, I doubt it's ready for phasing and all the tools needed to do it.

Quote:
There's nothing persistent about the park. It's an instance where you spawn at the start of the session and for some reason have to wait to play. In FIFA you persistently play on your club and you have a home arena. That's a lot more persistence than having to squad up every time you start the game since you're so fond of it.
You clearly have no idea what your talking about. The park is a realm. The reason you have to wait is because the court is not open. Plain and simple. How can you play on a court where a game is already in progress? The only way is to team phase to a different park. But the social dynamic of seeing your next opponent, or holding a court for that matter, is lost.

I'm done arguing about this. Not being belligerent when I say, go play another mode. You clearly don't want this one.

Edit: and the attitude in the post above is the mentality that keeps gaming stagnant. Are you for real?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #56
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

Y'all want realism, they're giving you realism lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »