Home

The Real Problem with "Got Next"

This is a discussion on The Real Problem with "Got Next" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #73
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Real Problem with "Got Next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
But that's the thing: I don't think anyone wants to walk around in realtime and watch other people play.
Gotta speak for yourself here man. As a man that grew up around real Chicago parks, soaking in other games is as much of the draw as playing.

Quote:
We all just want to get to the point: playing the game. I mean if they took out the halftime show because people were skipping it, do they think people wouldn't skip this aspect if they could?

Then don't go in the Park. Not being glib. It's just the simple truth. If you guys just want to go play quick online games immediately, you don't want this mode.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #74
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Gotta speak for yourself here man. As a man that grew up around real Chicago parks, soaking in other games is as much of the draw as playing.

Then don't go in the Park. Not being glib. It's just the simple truth. If you guys just want to go play quick online games immediately, you don't want this mode.
Cool, then make the Jordan Rec Center like what we're talking about and then you guys can have The Park. I'm cool with options and if 2K gave us that option, great. Support both sides. I want Crew mode and I don't want it on last-gen systems. This is the closest thing, but crew mode didn't have us waiting around.

I know the point of pick-up games was you win, you stay. As in that's the reward. So why would a company intentionally punish a paying public when all the players want to do is play the game they bought? I think this is not an intentional decision made by 2K (God, I hope not). I think this has to do with their servers, which have never been up to par.

Ken Griffey Jr.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #75
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
MyPark should have-

play 21, 1on1, shootaround, dunk contest while waiting for a game
keep the spectator mode
add more courts so there's less waiting
penalize quitters. nothing worse than playing the CPU in a human game mode
add a mode similiar to EASHL

This is a good post. Finding solutions to the boredom of the wait, cutting down game time, a different mode etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

These posts are so dumb. My God.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #77
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
That's where I'm at. I kind of like some of the advantages of the current system when it comes to The Park (we'll see about Jordan Rec Center games where the waits will most likely be longer), but they need to add something for us to be able to do while we wait. Watching strangers play in a game we don't care about makes the wait that much worse. Let us shoot around, practice dribble moves against our teammates, play 21 ... something.
I agree having other things to do besides spectating would be a good option but it also can diminish the incentive for waiting. What I mean is, if the main premise of the mode is to create a certain environment, in this case people that are willing to watch games, wait for next and try to hold the court, then anything that detracts from that, can diminish the mode.

Quote:

I definitely feel this and to continue my point from above, I think the issues with this mode, require the addition of another "rec" or court type in a patch or NBA2k16, not removing or modifying this one.

I'm all for anyone voicing their issues and trying to lobby for something they find enjoyable but some are coming across like just because they don't like the mode, it has no merit. I like what I'm hearing about "got next" and it will potentially be my main way of enjoying NBA2k15 because I think it will attract the type of gamers and games a enjoy playing.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung28
I don't see what's dumb about it though. What you and some others seem to actually want is a Jordan Rec mode, without the wait, which is fine but that's a different mode, which is fine too. All Boilerbuzz seems to be saying is, then ask for a different mode, not try to run the current one in the ground as if it has no merit, to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
If we wanted to watch people play, we would watch twitch broadcasts.
Lol, maybe I'm being too optimistic but I like the premise of watching from the sideline with my teammates, scouting and possibly gameplanning through voice chat, for whichever team wins. I think that's a realistic element this mode inherently brings, without having to bother with the console broadcast system.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 10-03-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: combined posts
Old 10-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #79
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung28

Coming from you, I just had to :lmao:
Old 10-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't see what's dumb about it though. What you and some others seem to actually want is a Jordan Rec mode, without the wait, which is fine but that's a different mode, which is fine too. All Boilerbuzz seems to be saying is, then ask for a different mode, not try to run the current one in the ground as if it has no merit, to anyone.

I am talking about the"Oh, since you don't like this, well don't play the mode" attitude.

Most people in here obviously want to play the mode, but do hate that we have to wait 30-50+ mins for a game or however long it takes for the park. People that played Park complained about waiting as well. But to combat it they lower the score to 15. People still do not want to wait.

We wouldn't be so upset if we didn't care. We love playing with our MPs but since we don't like something, we should not play the mode at all? Like ManiacMatt said, that was spot on, if I wanted to watch people play, I'd watch Twitch.

I am sure you had a big issue with the gameplay or a mode you overall like and complained about it, but still played it.

Quote:
Coming from you, I just had to :lmao:

Yeah, you stay posting things that leave me scratching my head. Wishing it was a block button or something on tapatalk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »