Home

2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2023, 11:20 AM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
If you modded the 2K you would understand what I'm talking about.

We can change when the courts reflect or not (+-%) just changing numbers in floor files.

There is no loss of engine or hardware on this. As I said before, the stadium lights and dornas are already working and reflecting on the ground. There is a command in the floor files that you change and the court has more or less reflections and I can assure you that it does not modify any FPS.

At least it worked like that on PCs and 2K has been using the same graphics engine and files since NBA 2K16.

But I don't want to convince anyone of anything, I'm just sharing the little information I have, working for 20 years with mods in NBA 2K on PC.

Maybe that’s where we are getting mixed up, The fact that these things that can be edited, as they can in most games is not in question….but to say active mirrored reflections don’t tax the GPU is like telling me your car doesn’t heat up when you drive it…it’s just a common thing…all good though, just surprising to see someone who mods say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #66
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Maybe that’s where we are getting mixed up, The fact that these things that can be edited, as they can in most games is not in question….but to say active mirrored reflections don’t tax the GPU is like telling me your car doesn’t heat up when you drive it…it’s just a common thing…all good though, just surprising to see someone who mods say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point is just to confront when some here say: "Okay, the graphics are ugly because they cut the reflections to put more content in the game or to make the game run better".

This is not true! The game continues to have frame issues, from what I've been reading. In other words, we can't accept the excuse that we have less reflexes for the game to run solidly at 60fps.

It's just 2K's disregard for offline content. It's simple, their focus is on PARK, there, the uniforms DON'T EVEN MOVE!

They don't really care anymore about jerseys physics and reflections on the courts. Today I saw a video from 2K24 where a player threw the ball at the backboard and then Anthony Davis did an Alleyup!

It's a move that doesn't exist in real life, only in 2K PARK. Guys no longer care about the real NBA, but only about the universe they created... it's sad.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
My point is just to confront when some here say: "Okay, the graphics are ugly because they cut the reflections to put more content in the game or to make the game run better".

This is not true! The game continues to have frame issues, from what I've been reading. In other words, we can't accept the excuse that we have less reflexes for the game to run solidly at 60fps.

It's just 2K's disregard for offline content. It's simple, their focus is on PARK, there, the uniforms DON'T EVEN MOVE!

They don't really care anymore about jerseys physics and reflections on the courts. Today I saw a video from 2K24 where a player threw the ball at the backboard and then Anthony Davis did an Alleyup!

It's a move that doesn't exist in real life, only in 2K PARK. Guys no longer care about the real NBA, but only about the universe they created... it's sad.

It’s obvious u have no idea what you’re talking about, 24th just basically laid out what I said and u go right back to the same silly stuff…….. 🥴
Old 09-12-2023, 01:42 PM   #68
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:

Which is why I said I wonder if online has something to do with this. Some games have to decrease in visual quality if they can't get it to play stable online (MMO's for example), similar to VR games. The quality is altered to get performance up.

Also, some in here misunderstood what I meant in regards to the more they put in the game has caused it to suffer just like post 2k14. I'm not talking modes and gameplay as those wouldn't have anything to do with graphical fidelity. I'm talking only graphics. Lighting, shaders, texture maps, cloth sims, etc.

I've said it before, but them trying to get 60fps at full 4k is limiting how far they can push the graphics which is why the 1st game on new consoles always look the best. The rest of the game is barebones and they pour everything into maxing out the new consoles. That sucks because we'd like to see positive progression as the console gen moves forward, but sports games tend to work backward unlike console exclusives which tend to improve as they learn the system more.

Lastly, I brought up 2k's engine because if you compare it to Frostbite for example (which wasn't even for sports, EA had to deal with those headaches for years), it feels dated. Looking at FC and NHL you can see cloth physics that seem next gen. Lighting and UHD textures along with really high res models and crowd sims. Proper colors even with their lighting engine.

Last edited by lakers24; 09-12-2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:48 PM   #69
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

Ok bro, so what do you think about leaving the things I say alone? Again, both of you always try to attack me to win something. Always u two...

Understand: I don't want to convince either of you of anything. I'm just talking to several forum users who have the same complaints as mine.

I hope you don't cowardly block me on the forum because I don't agree with you. But if they block it, I'll still be happy on Twitter, criticizing a game that hasn't delivered what it promises for years.

My Twitter: @LagoaNBA
Old 09-12-2023, 01:53 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
NO...they really need to look into this and askthem self if this is enough to release for 2k24.

Below is an example why they need to update the court not only reflection but colors as 2k24 now looks dull and plain and dead.

NBA

2k24

and 2k23

For the slight decrease in gloss on the floor, the game is 100% smoother so I’ll gladly take that…..
Old 09-12-2023, 01:53 PM   #71
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Which is why I said I wonder if online has something to do with this. Some games have to decrease in visual quality if they can't get it to play stable online (MMO's for example), similar to VR games. The quality is altered to get performance up.

Also, some in here misunderstood what I meant in regards to the more they put in the game has caused it to suffer just like post 2k14. I'm not talking modes and gameplay as those wouldn't have anything to do with graphical fidelity. I'm talking only graphics. Lighting, shaders, texture maps, cloth sims, etc.

I've said it before, but them trying to get 60fps at full 4k is limiting how far they can push the graphics which is why the 1st game on new consoles always look the best. The rest of the game is barebones and they pour everything into maxing out the new consoles. That sucks because we'd like to see positive progression as the console gen moves forward, but sports games tend to work backward unlike console exclusives which tend to improve as they learn the system more.

Lastly, I brought up 2k's engine because if you compare it to Frostbite for example (which wasn't even for sports, EA had to deal with those headaches for years), it feels dated. Looking at FC and NHL you can see cloth physics that seem next gen. Lighting and UHD textures along with really high res models and crowd sims. Proper colors even with their lighting engine.
You have an important point here and I completely agree!

2K's focus is the park! There, using moving jerseys, courts that reflect everything, high sweat is IMPOSSIBLE, because in online games, u need to downgrade visual effects to play great!

What they do? They cut this out from the entire game, online and offline, because as I said here, the focus is not the simulation or the real NBA, but PARK, online and microtansations!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 01:55 PM   #72
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I don’t understand why anyone would continue to support both 2k and EA. Same old crap every single year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »