Home

2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2023, 01:40 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

plot twist: 2k screwed up big time and gave ps5/x users the old gen version.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:05 AM   #50
Rookie

It's been 10 years and still 2k haven't been able to outdo 2k14 in terms of graphics
Old 09-12-2023, 07:27 AM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
You sound goofy, why would 2K (in your opinion) make the game look worse on purpose with no reason whatsoever? The performance of the game sucked last year, the framerate was garbage when playing full perspective cameras (broadcast) because the systems couldn’t handle it
NO...they really need to look into this and askthem self if this is enough to release for 2k24.

Below is an example why they need to update the court not only reflection but colors as 2k24 now looks dull and plain and dead.

NBA

2k24

and 2k23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Bro what!?! U commented on my thread about this last year saying u were getting the framerate stutter really bad 🤣 are u trolling now?
It was like a week 3 patch bro. lol. I genuinely can’t remember the last time I saw it, it’s been months and months at the very least. And anyway in this thread alone I believe one or two guys said they’ve gotten it with 24. It’s clearly a recent legacy issue.

I dealt with 2K22’s lack of broadcast cam for longer, lol.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:24 AM   #53
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
When we work with mods, we understand how files work within the game (not completely, of course). In the case of reflections, they only "REFLECT" what is already happening on the court (Arena Lights and dornas).

This remains identical in 2K24, meaning the graphics engine continues to send and use the same information.

But when something is changed on the court floor, 2K changes a special file, and it contains the values of how much the reflections will appear. On PC we change this from 1% to 100% and it has NOTHING impact on the FPS, because as I said, stadium lights and dornas work regardless of this.

The frame drop problem is another error, it has no connection with this. In fact, I have 2K23 on Series X and Playstation 5, on Playstation, the problem almost doesn't exist, on Xbox it's aggressive.

As for why 2K would do this? Obviously I don't have that answer, but we've seen it happen many times, they always do it.

No opinion on the shiny court conspiracy….but maybe I’m missing something or misinterpreting? I don’t mod 2K, but I mod multiple games…

Unless there is something incredibly special about 2K, which I have doubts about since there are multiple threads about reflection and frame rates on NLSC….

Mirrored reflections have ALWAYS been a massive GPU load and can absolutely impact frame rate. There’s a reason the majority of PC games have the option to toggle them for lower end PC’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2023, 09:09 AM   #54
Rookie

2K14 still looks the best.

Absolutely embarrassing that they've not only stagnated but regressed and downgraded.

Most realistic looking players, incredible cloth physics and the best arena and gameplay colour and lighting the series has ever had.

And to make matters worse, 2K24 has the most frame drops and lowest frame rate the series has ever had.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:33 AM   #55
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm not a game programmer or anything but, does space of a game have anything to do with graphics or performance, I would think that it would.

Wasn't the PS4/Xbone version of 2K14 kinda stripped down on features?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 09:40 AM   #56
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No opinion on the shiny court conspiracy….but maybe I’m missing something or misinterpreting? I don’t mod 2K, but I mod multiple games…

Unless there is something incredibly special about 2K, which I have doubts about since there are multiple threads about reflection and frame rates on NLSC….

Mirrored reflections have ALWAYS been a massive GPU load and can absolutely impact frame rate. There’s a reason the majority of PC games have the option to toggle them for lower end PC’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you modded the 2K you would understand what I'm talking about.

We can change when the courts reflect or not (+-%) just changing numbers in floor files.

There is no loss of engine or hardware on this. As I said before, the stadium lights and dornas are already working and reflecting on the ground. There is a command in the floor files that you change and the court has more or less reflections and I can assure you that it does not modify any FPS.

At least it worked like that on PCs and 2K has been using the same graphics engine and files since NBA 2K16.

But I don't want to convince anyone of anything, I'm just sharing the little information I have, working for 20 years with mods in NBA 2K on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »