Home

2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2023, 07:08 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
Why people commenting here about "best gameplay"?? this is a GRAPHICS thread if this is not your concern just be quiet about it. because there are people whose OCD in this type of thing including me.

Nobody says the gameplay is bad its actually beautiful the the issue is about the graphics. people need to learn how to read before typing.
Exactly. We know gameplay is better. As it should be.

But the graphics are another issue. And even if we call it subjective, the court lighting/reflections are a fundamental aspect of the game and the court is about 70% of what you stare at on your screen when playing a 2K.

It’s also interesting that they’d go to a matte/non reflective finish because if we recall, when they launched 2K21 next gen one of their most prominent advertisements in the initial gameplay previews was showing how detailed the glossy wood and paint on the courts were (you could see indentations and markings on the paint, etc.). Even when I play 2K23, when you pause the game the camera proudly goes super close to the wood to show it in all its glossy detailed glory.

That’s why my theory is though perhaps it’s a really bad artistic choice, I just can’t find logic in that. I believe they must have ran into some hiccups in GPU power when packing all they have into the game and they had to detune certain things like lighting, wood, reflections, editor screen resolution, resulting in various more cartoony elements.

It would also explain glaring oversights like beige colors when selecting “no paint” in the court editor, not being able to put spaces between texts in the baseline, and sideline text being so misaligned it goes onto the court itself. Key zoom apparently being stuck on in broadcast mode, etc. These are things they need to fix but the game is so packed with content and money making online modes it’s disconcerting to think future 2K’s will carry the issues.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 09-19-2023 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:06 AM   #114
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
Why people commenting here about "best gameplay"?? this is a GRAPHICS thread if this is not your concern just be quiet about it. because there are people whose OCD in this type of thing including me.

Nobody says the gameplay is bad its actually beautiful the the issue is about the graphics. people need to learn how to read before typing.

Cool. Then I would expect this to go both ways.

Those with general art complaints can use this thread as hub to voice them….and we can keep that out of threads concerning other topics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #115
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Those with general art complaints can use this thread as hub to voice them….and we can keep that out of threads concerning other topics

Exactly!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 12:26 PM   #116
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

yes as it should be..thats why nobody go to any rec,my player or any online mode and then complain about the NBA side of the graphics.

we dont even cry about your my player looking like clowns asking for more dowdy clothes.

people has valid reason to voice their opinion and criticize or suggest regarding the visual side, in threads such as "Art feedback and General impression" of the game.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:24 AM   #117
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Idk about anyone else the difference in look and motion while playing compared to replays or camera cuts is so starkly different to the eye its some what jarring... the camera cuts motion reminds me of when they showed pro play or whatever it is with real Kevin Durant with game Durant..
Old 09-20-2023, 09:00 PM   #118
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

^ I notice(d) it as well. The cut scenes for transitions after made baskets look noticeably different than the gameplay; that could be a good thing but it just looks off to me (my daughter has FIFA 23 and its motion technology looks better to me--the cut scenes flow in a seamless transition imo).

After watching comparison videos on YouTube, I finally put both *2K24 and *2K23 in to compare the graphics myself. Granted I only play with classic teams, but players and courts look better to me on 2K23. I'm going to finish the final Mamba Moment and go back to 2K23 after seeing the difference on my own tv.

*PS5
Old 09-21-2023, 09:59 AM   #119
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Does the Switch Version have more reflections? Look at the court... ^^

Old 09-21-2023, 10:56 AM   #120
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Does the Switch Version have more reflections? Look at the court... ^^

Yeah it’s because the switch version is using old gen which is basically still 2K20. Which oddly now means that the courts look better lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »