Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2019, 12:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinM1998
Played a game as the Rockets vs the Nets. All went well other than CPU free throw attempts. I attempted 22 and they only attempted 6 and that’s with play physical defense and me intentionally going for blocks instead of the right stick. This was with Kyrie seemingly attacking the basket at will also. We both attempted close to 20 threes so that was good. Will play some more games and keep an eye on CPU FT attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I have tweaks I’ll put up later today that I think will solve this issue of inconsistent FTAs. My last few games the CPU’s been shooting more FTs than I have, getting to the line 20-30 times off shooting fouls while still putting up 25-40 3s.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:22 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshay
Hey guys, I must be tripping out cause Ive tried everyway I can possibly think of to change other teams gameplan in myleague... It only changes my current teams gameplan even if I select say Philly it'll give me options on changing my tactics for when I verse them... Not Phillies coach settings just mine. Even started a new myleague to see if that save was bugged for some reason. I want to set the zone usage for other teams to 80+ because I feel that tweak can make the biggest difference... Cheers guys

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey I don’t really play MyLeague, but you want to change the zone usage in the roster editor in the main menu, and not in the MyLeague menu. Get in the roster you want to use, hit R2 (I think?) twice and you should be on the right page.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #35
Rookie

AlvinM1998's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshay
Hey guys, I must be tripping out cause Ive tried everyway I can possibly think of to change other teams gameplan in myleague... It only changes my current teams gameplan even if I select say Philly it'll give me options on changing my tactics for when I verse them... Not Phillies coach settings just mine. Even started a new myleague to see if that save was bugged for some reason. I want to set the zone usage for other teams to 80+ because I feel that tweak can make the biggest difference... Cheers guys

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Go to the my league “automation” tab then select “yes” for user control for all teams. I’m playing as the Rockets so I put manual for them and auto for everything else for the other 29 teams. Then u can go to coach game plan, back out then flick the right stick to go to the next team. This worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #36
Rookie

Alright, I don’t know if its just me but I feel like the game plays different today from yesterday. I don’t have enough time to get shot success to exactly where I want it, and turnovers are oddly low despite all the sliders jacked up to facilitate them. I’ve updated the OP with what I have atm; I don’t consider it finished by any means, but try it out and let me know what you’re seeing. There aren’t many changes so the game will still play much like how it has been, but the 5 increment increase to ATB along with the driving dunk nerfs should up those FTAs into the 20s.

Thank you all for the feedback so far, there are only so many games I can play in a day so I really appreciate it. Happy New Year everybody!

Last edited by zniv; 12-29-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #37
Rookie

Hi guys. Yesterday played first game (in my League mode), with Rockets (me) vs Warriors: 122 - 127 (OT), lost the game. General impressions: so far the best game I played so far, meaning the sliders seems did the job. I felt the flow of the game (like in real NBA), was down by - 15, accelerated in 3Q by getting +1, however in first 3 minutes of OT lost the section by 12:0 and it was over.

Stats:
Russel - 29/7/14
Harden - 24/2/4
Capela - 23/18

Curry - 39/2/3 (5/14 3pts)

What was not satisfying from team stats point of view:
PIP: 70 pts for Warriors is way too big number (I did 45pts)
Free throws: I concluded even 45 attempts, while warriors only 17.
Off rebounds: both team grabbed ~ 20+
Everything else +- logic numbers.

Conclusion: would be interesting to try another next game vs Kings and specifically analyze all stats after the game. Anyway I must same - slider set indeed has a potential in the market Good job so far and keep working!

P.S. I use attention to details roster set,
Old 12-31-2019, 07:56 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senelius
Hi guys. Yesterday played first game (in my League mode), with Rockets (me) vs Warriors: 122 - 127 (OT), lost the game. General impressions: so far the best game I played so far, meaning the sliders seems did the job. I felt the flow of the game (like in real NBA), was down by - 15, accelerated in 3Q by getting +1, however in first 3 minutes of OT lost the section by 12:0 and it was over.

Stats:
Russel - 29/7/14
Harden - 24/2/4
Capela - 23/18

Curry - 39/2/3 (5/14 3pts)

What was not satisfying from team stats point of view:
PIP: 70 pts for Warriors is way too big number (I did 45pts)
Free throws: I concluded even 45 attempts, while warriors only 17.
Off rebounds: both team grabbed ~ 20+
Everything else +- logic numbers.

Conclusion: would be interesting to try another next game vs Kings and specifically analyze all stats after the game. Anyway I must same - slider set indeed has a potential in the market Good job so far and keep working!

P.S. I use attention to details roster set,
Most teams score between 40-50% of their total points in the paint. So in this case GS scored about 55% of their points in the paint on you, which is a little high but not totally unrealistic if you’re taking a one game sample.

Did you switch up your defense to force them outside more? In real life if you don’t make adjustments, teams SHOULD keep pounding the paint.

For example, IRL Memphis scored 64 pip of their total 117 points last game in their win over Charlotte. That comes out to 54.7%
Old 12-31-2019, 11:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Eddiespagghetti's Arena

My last game in Myleague. Played as the Heat.

NOTE: My sliders are not exactly the same as yours (body sensitivity at 75, inside contact, 80. Not many differences, its heavily based on yours, thanks for your help)

The game plays good. My only gripe is the lack of threes. But I honestly think there really is no solution to this. The biggest issue im having right now is that a lot of screens dont seem to get set properly. The runner isnt running to the creener to get open at times, make sit hard to get guys like Duncan Robinson open.

Another issue is the CPU cheesing in the fourth. But This has always been an issue for me in every 2k. CPU starts making every defensive stop and every shot in the 4th quarter, meanwhile I go cold.

I'll post another game soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_0idc1t8rogeasrbnr7zess9.jpg (125.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 01-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #40
Rookie

chaz2502's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiespagghetti
My last game in Myleague. Played as the Heat.

NOTE: My sliders are not exactly the same as yours (body sensitivity at 75, inside contact, 80. Not many differences, its heavily based on yours, thanks for your help)

The game plays good. My only gripe is the lack of threes. But I honestly think there really is no solution to this. The biggest issue im having right now is that a lot of screens dont seem to get set properly. The runner isnt running to the creener to get open at times, make sit hard to get guys like Duncan Robinson open.

Another issue is the CPU cheesing in the fourth. But This has always been an issue for me in every 2k. CPU starts making every defensive stop and every shot in the 4th quarter, meanwhile I go cold.

I'll post another game soon.
I Like the looks of this box score. Can you please share what specifically you have changed from this set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »