Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulito25
hey i know you said the zone tendency is a big game changer, but have you seen any of the teams actually play zone? it might just be because of cpu vs cpu but i havent seen any team actually use zone.
Yep - the thing about this is 100 doesn't mean they'll always use it, they'll just use it more than never. If you made the +80 edits try put on a game of Bulls vs Pistons, they'll both run zone quite often. I'm considering putting all teams on 100.

On a side note I played a few games today and had some boxscores typed up, but my browser decided to crash on it. Getting some pretty satisfying results where teams aren't getting slogged by 40 and the game seems to play pretty organically, where rarely any game has "unstoppable" sections, maybe 2K did this in an update? PiP is down to around 30-40, which is better than 70. Magic vs Blazers had a combined 60 something FTs all on shooting fouls (no over the limit/intentional fouls) yet also shot 30 something 3s a piece.

It's not a finished product, but I'll post what I have at the moment tomorrow as I won't have access to the game for the upcoming week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #26
Rookie

AlvinM1998's Arena

About to give these a try! I uploaded them onto PS4 under my name. Do you have any pass target profile settings to recommend? I haven’t noticed much of a difference between default and direction.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #27
Rookie

AlvinM1998's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinM1998
About to give these a try! I uploaded them onto PS4 under my name. Do you have any pass target profile settings to recommend? I haven’t noticed much of a difference between default and direction.

I named it “zniv OS” on PS4
Old 12-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Yep - the thing about this is 100 doesn't mean they'll always use it, they'll just use it more than never. If you made the +80 edits try put on a game of Bulls vs Pistons, they'll both run zone quite often. I'm considering putting all teams on 100.

On a side note I played a few games today and had some boxscores typed up, but my browser decided to crash on it. Getting some pretty satisfying results where teams aren't getting slogged by 40 and the game seems to play pretty organically, where rarely any game has "unstoppable" sections, maybe 2K did this in an update? PiP is down to around 30-40, which is better than 70. Magic vs Blazers had a combined 60 something FTs all on shooting fouls (no over the limit/intentional fouls) yet also shot 30 something 3s a piece.

It's not a finished product, but I'll post what I have at the moment tomorrow as I won't have access to the game for the upcoming week.
Tested out your sliders yesterday night, really loved what I saw. Realistic distributions across the board (forgot to take a picture to save it). Only glaring issue I had was with rebounding. I was playing Warriors (home) vs. Suns (away) and the Warriors could not get a rebound to save their lives. It wasn't just happening with the small-ball lineup either, it seems like defensive rebounding needs a bit of a buff. Off the top of my head, I remember the Warriors having 8 offensive rebounds and 30 defensive rebounds, and the Suns having 18 offensive rebounds and 34 defensive rebounds.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #29
Rookie

AlvinM1998's Arena

Played a game as the Rockets vs the Nets. All went well other than CPU free throw attempts. I attempted 22 and they only attempted 6 and that’s with play physical defense and me intentionally going for blocks instead of the right stick. This was with Kyrie seemingly attacking the basket at will also. We both attempted close to 20 threes so that was good. Will play some more games and keep an eye on CPU FT attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #30
Rookie

Hey guys, I must be tripping out cause Ive tried everyway I can possibly think of to change other teams gameplan in myleague... It only changes my current teams gameplan even if I select say Philly it'll give me options on changing my tactics for when I verse them... Not Phillies coach settings just mine. Even started a new myleague to see if that save was bugged for some reason. I want to set the zone usage for other teams to 80+ because I feel that tweak can make the biggest difference... Cheers guys

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinM1998
Awesome! For pass targeting I just use the default (not at home right now so can’t check the values) but like you I haven’t noticed any real difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 11:57 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibblerqwq
Tested out your sliders yesterday night, really loved what I saw. Realistic distributions across the board (forgot to take a picture to save it). Only glaring issue I had was with rebounding. I was playing Warriors (home) vs. Suns (away) and the Warriors could not get a rebound to save their lives. It wasn't just happening with the small-ball lineup either, it seems like defensive rebounding needs a bit of a buff. Off the top of my head, I remember the Warriors having 8 offensive rebounds and 30 defensive rebounds, and the Suns having 18 offensive rebounds and 34 defensive rebounds.
I think rebounding still needs fine tuning to perfect, or at least get as close as possible. The issue with def rebounding at 50 or above is you’ll almost always have the bigs grabbing everything with this magnetic ability, and every game you’ll have guys hauling in 20-30 by themselves. I look for the spread of rebounds so guards and wings get their share, so I tweak it from an off rebounding perspective moreso than a def rebounding one if that makes sense. Play a few more games and see if that trend continues or if its an anomaly - for me so far most games end with off rebounding for both teams at the 7-11 mark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »