Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Honestly I’m not sure, I designed this set specifically to play like the modern NBA. I didn’t test it with any retro teams so while the players should still play similar to how they should, there would be way too many 3PAs and layups/fouls at the rim and not enough mid-range attempts relative to the mid-range heavy eras.

If you mean for the guys in today’s game with a lot of mid-ranges tendencies like LeBron, DeRozan, Kawhi, and half the Knicks then they will still play like themselves and play a lot in that area, as long as their tendencies haven’t been tweaked with.
Yea I'm playing my league player lock mycareer default cam with all old and new players but chose to keep the best version of them in the league, I guess I'm looking for players like Kobe to take mid range jumper, Jordan with fadeaways, and shaq posting up and getting rebounds, curry shooting 3s, harden just being an offense beast etc... the sliders look good outside of post up game and mid range really
Old 12-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Honestly I’m not sure, I designed this set specifically to play like the modern NBA. I didn’t test it with any retro teams so while the players should still play similar to how they should, there would be way too many 3PAs and layups/fouls at the rim and not enough mid-range attempts relative to the mid-range heavy eras.

If you mean for the guys in today’s game with a lot of mid-ranges tendencies like LeBron, DeRozan, Kawhi, and half the Knicks then they will still play like themselves and play a lot in that area, as long as their tendencies haven’t been tweaked with.
Yea I'm playing my league player lock mycareer default cam with all old and new players but chose to keep the best version of them in the league, I guess I'm looking for players like Kobe to take mid range jumper, Jordan with fadeaways, and shaq posting up and getting rebounds, curry shooting 3s, harden just being an offense beast etc... the sliders look good outside of post up game and mid range really I've tried it out on a few games watching cpu vs cpu
Old 12-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #11
Rookie

i know you said this set is not for cpu vs cpu, but whenever i watch giannis he shoots above 70% from the field. and also low caliber teams like the cavs cannot score offensively (25% from the field). are you not seeing any of this? are there any workarounds to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulito25
i know you said this set is not for cpu vs cpu, but whenever i watch giannis he shoots above 70% from the field. and also low caliber teams like the cavs cannot score offensively (25% from the field). are you not seeing any of this? are there any workarounds to fix this?
The shooting success values is the main reason for this. The reason I say it is not for CPU v CPU is that the shooting success values take into account for human play - I count on the user to either try to stop the Giannis’ and LeBrons or make in-game adjustments to do so and not fully rely on the game to do it itself. Knock down the shooting success sliders by 1 or 2 if you think layup or inside/close success is too easy. How did the Cavs get to 25%? I haven’t seen anything that bad, my last game against them was pretty close. Did they shoot too many long range attempts? Or too many missed layups?
Old 12-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso
Yea I'm playing my league player lock mycareer default cam with all old and new players but chose to keep the best version of them in the league, I guess I'm looking for players like Kobe to take mid range jumper, Jordan with fadeaways, and shaq posting up and getting rebounds, curry shooting 3s, harden just being an offense beast etc... the sliders look good outside of post up game and mid range really I've tried it out on a few games watching cpu vs cpu
In my games aside from the players assigned with post up style plays and high post tendencies like LeBron and Julius Randle etc, most players won’t take mid-range shots unless they have to or are given that shot. The way the game is they’ll always try and dump it in the post if you have a clear mismatch, otherwise on normal matchups a lot of the times they will try and find open shooters to kick it out to. I have it like this so they don’t always just shoot it after getting offensive rebounds. Could look into putting more into Look for Post Players.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
The shooting success values is the main reason for this. The reason I say it is not for CPU v CPU is that the shooting success values take into account for human play - I count on the user to either try to stop the Giannis’ and LeBrons or make in-game adjustments to do so and not fully rely on the game to do it itself. Knock down the shooting success sliders by 1 or 2 if you think layup or inside/close success is too easy. How did the Cavs get to 25%? I haven’t seen anything that bad, my last game against them was pretty close. Did they shoot too many long range attempts? Or too many missed layups?
it was mainly a lot of long range and midrange misses. the thing is if i increase 3pt and midrange shooting then other teams will have a high percentage. i cant seem to find a middle ground.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulito25
it was mainly a lot of long range and midrange misses. the thing is if i increase 3pt and midrange shooting then other teams will have a high percentage. i cant seem to find a middle ground.
There is a problem where the great players have such a big difference to normal players with not only ratings but badges. Giannis for example has a few HOF badges along with already inflated ratings which makes it hard to account for considering nobody on bad teams would have anything close to it. Without a complete ratings overhaul this disparity is pretty much impossible to fix with just sliders.

Just put on a game of CPU v CPU, Bucks vs Knicks. To no one’s surprise, Bucks won handily and Giannis dominated. But I do like the final box, 112-96 - Bucks shot 51/36/54, Knicks 42/46/53 (can’t fix those low FT percentages I think?). Giannis had 38/12/6 on 66% shooting which I think is a fairly realistic Giannis line. He had the most struggles when they put Mitchell Robinson on him. Julius Randle went for 22/11/0 on 9/20. Bucks started the game 13-0 and I thought it was already over, but the Knicks made it interesting when their subs came on. PiP was high (Bucks 60/Knicks 48) but it is expected with these teams and I do need them to attack to draw fouls at the rim. Bucks took 18 FTs to Knicks 17, 36 to 25 3PAs.

I know I said I wasn’t gonna but I’ll probably put a few more CPU v CPUs on and tweak from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
There is a problem where the great players have such a big difference to normal players with not only ratings but badges. Giannis for example has a few HOF badges along with already inflated ratings which makes it hard to account for considering nobody on bad teams would have anything close to it. Without a complete ratings overhaul this disparity is pretty much impossible to fix with just sliders.

Just put on a game of CPU v CPU, Bucks vs Knicks. To no one’s surprise, Bucks won handily and Giannis dominated. But I do like the final box, 112-96 - Bucks shot 51/36/54, Knicks 42/46/53 (can’t fix those low FT percentages I think?). Giannis had 38/12/6 on 66% shooting which I think is a fairly realistic Giannis line. He had the most struggles when they put Mitchell Robinson on him. Julius Randle went for 22/11/0 on 9/20. Bucks started the game 13-0 and I thought it was already over, but the Knicks made it interesting when their subs came on. PiP was high (Bucks 60/Knicks 48) but it is expected with these teams and I do need them to attack to draw fouls at the rim. Bucks took 18 FTs to Knicks 17, 36 to 25 3PAs.

I know I said I wasn’t gonna but I’ll probably put a few more CPU v CPUs on and tweak from there.
thanks for this, in my opinion giannis should be shooting just above 50%, but your right that sliders cant fix this. i might just have to tune the ratings and badges for certain players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »