Home

NBA 2K20 Foul/Sliders Archive

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Foul/Sliders Archive within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #9
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Foul/Sliders Archive

One more stats page from game 7. Sorry for the bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #10
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

There are about 0.5 charges a game per team in case you want to further break down that offensive fouls number.

I'm gonna start keeping track of the different fouls that get called so I can see what needs to be changed. So far I'm seeing an average of 15 fouls a game. 15.6 for User, 14.3 for CPU.

If you witness any charges or blocking fouls, make note of the players involved. I'm keeping track in order to figure out what they might have in common.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
There are about 0.5 charges a game per team in case you want to further break down that offensive fouls number.

I'm gonna start keeping track of the different fouls that get called so I can see what needs to be changed. So far I'm seeing an average of 15 fouls a game. 15.6 for User, 14.3 for CPU.

If you witness any charges or blocking fouls, make note of the players involved. I'm keeping track in order to figure out what they might have in common.
Thanks for every bit of info and help @penny80, @JoFri, and @antdoggydogg.

@antdoggydogg thanks for the further breakdown. Will add your information to the O.P. if that's cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #12
Banned

I just achieved my 1st jumpshot foul on NBA 2K20! I committed the foul myself. YouTube link and video below:

2K20 Jumpshot Foul (one so far)
https://youtu.be/gcOonwEKLPg

I used the same exact slider set (minus a few changes) from 2K19 that yielded these below:

2K19 Jumpshot Fouls
https://youtu.be/pEMzoyHNAt4

....will keep testing for consistency. And yes I had to break the entire slider set again with crazy slider number values just to do it. I need to get CPU to foul me on jumpshots now. I might not be able to achieve Blocking Fouls with this set though. Will test and update.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-13-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #13
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Just read your posts in that other thread. You went very in depth. I think it's important to play multiple 48 minute games in between slider adjustments to make sure what we are seeing is not a placebo. That is what I have been doing. Going to make some adjustments before my next game which will be in approximately 6 months when this latest patch downloads haha

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 09-13-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Just read your posts in that other thread. You went very in depth. I think it's important to play multiple 48 minute games in between slider adjustments to make sure what we are seeing is not a placebo. That is what I have been doing. Going to make some adjustments before my next game which will be in approximately 6 months when this latest patch downloads haha
Yes, I definitely agree. However, I do test multiple 48 minute games with one set (no extra adjustments in fact). That's what I did with 2K19...then posted the video with multiple jump shot fouls.

I am doing the same currently for 2K20...testing to see more consistency as mentioned in the post directly above yours. Sure, it does not happen every single game...and sometimes it happens on shorter distances. When and if I can find the next 3 point foul I saved from last evening I will upload and post it here (committed by Otto Porter).

Meanwhile, here is my first blocking foul committed by Jimmy Butler (CPU) vs Zach Lavine. It's the same kind of blocking fouls we'd always see even on 2K19 (near out of bounds - baseline) below:

https://youtu.be/YmqDJKd6baQ

Also, I am not lobbying for anyone to even try the set I am using because I am testing only and I don't think it would be used by anyone. But just nice to see if I could get certain fouls.

I definitely understand the whole patch thing lol...last year was hit by a major one that completely changed the game in December.

Edit: Forgot to mention what mode I use...

Play Now - USER vs CPU - Superstar Difficulty - 48 minutes

Edit: Might not be doing this much longer on Operation Sports. Tough to squeeze in time when I keep getting interrupted each time I try to play the game and whenever trying to put in time to test.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-14-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #15
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Theory:

Certain players are pre-coded for triggering certain fouls.

We need to better understand the rebounding engine to trigger loose ball and OTB fouls. I believe that strength attribute plays a role since the loose ball fouls are not limited to the old WWE throw down animation but also the 2K19 addition of the “shove”personal foul on rebounds. I also am convinced that there are players pre coded to commit these fouls. Typically strong , active hustle PF/Cs.

As for blocking fouls wing defenders with high lateral quickness are the usual offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Theory:

Certain players are pre-coded for triggering certain fouls.

We need to better understand the rebounding engine to trigger loose ball and OTB fouls. I believe that strength attribute plays a role since the loose ball fouls are not limited to the old WWE throw down animation but also the 2K19 addition of the “shove”personal foul on rebounds. I also am convinced that there are players pre coded to commit these fouls. Typically strong , active hustle PF/Cs.

As for blocking fouls wing defenders with high lateral quickness are the usual offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agreed. And thanks for the info. And while it may be a theory, you might actually have a great point. I made a similar comment some years ago about the pre-coded players who would normally foul. In some of the past 2K's years ago, I noticed that Denzel Valentine and Christiano Felicio would be some of the main guys committing the loose ball fouls (Felicio - mainly Over the Backs).

Thomas Bryant (Wizards), on 2K19 was a foul machine inside the paint, each time I played against him. What I did notice about him was that he had these tendencies:

Shot Contest Tendency - 99
Hard Foul Tendency - 91
Foul Tendency - 60

I tested all three of those tendencies on many bigs and it seemed to work very well, when committing "more" fouls in the paint than usual. Now, I'm sure there are other factors that made Thomas Bryant's fouls a little more prone than others.

Jimmy Butler may be one of the examples of Lateral Quickness that you mentioned. I would have to check. In that video I posted of him committing the Blocking Foul, his lateral steps were very quick compared to Zach Lavine's drive attempt (and Zach is very very fast and quick on drives as we know).

Ben Simmons, on 2K19, committed a nice amount of Blocking Fouls whenever I'd see it happen. I'm not sure what his attributes and tendencies entailed.

Fred Van Vleet, in 2K19, was a reach-in king for me personally lol. As the User (Not A.I. Teammate either), I could foul anyone (CPU players) without really trying, anytime with Fred, by just moving around the Right Stick, attempting to avoid contact. I believe his Go For On Ball Steals were a 97 if I can remember. And also had a Foul Tendency of 60.

There are many more I could name but can't remember at the moment.

Given that you have a theory on Rebounds and foul related things, it may help if you tested it and let the community know what you've come up with. We'll gladly accept the help (at least few of us), even if not perfect, because 2K sure doesn't give us a manual for this type of stuff to understand. Help is greatly appreciated if interested.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »