Home

Speed Without Ball Description 2K19

This is a discussion on Speed Without Ball Description 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Speed Without Ball Description 2K19

Speed Without Ball Description For Who It Effects Is Wrong In 2K19

Below is wrong:

Speed without Ball (Max rating):

(Controls the speed at which fast players move without the ball)

Speed without Ball (Min rating):

(Controls the speed at which slow players move without the ball)

Below is actually correct:

(Controls the speed at which "EVERY PLAYER" move without the ball)

(Controls every player's normal/slower (non sprint/turbo movements without ball) - This allows us to see players have those "normal, slower, real life movements. Players' normal reaction time is slower when attempting passing lane steals, going for on ball steals, offensive rebounds; basically anything with a non-running aspect to offball movement etc. Now, it does affect some of the running aspect but not as much as the Maximum.

The Test:

Whenever I would test the Speed without ball minimum to "0" and set the Max at 100, "every single player" on the court moved way too fast. As I lowered the Max slider closer to zero, EVERY PLAYER ran extremely slower...but on the other hand, extremely fast like mice when closer to or at 100! Setting the maximum speed too high is why everyone is having many issues with slower players running to fast, because it affects everyone. So how do we balance it? I personally have my Speed Without Ball Max set at 65 so that faster players don't appear too slow, and slower players are just fast enough and not too fast. I have my minimum set at 5...setting Acceleration higher in the movement slider section helps as well. Set it around 90+ (my minimum is at 93) to prevent excessive sliding. You will see offball players pivot better and turn corners at a quicker pace, along with better stepping.

Trust me and test this out today! Play around with the Speed without ball settings and you will see exactly what I just explained. This is with Speed and Acceleration Attribute sliders at 50, and Game Speed Sliders at 50.

Try it and form your own opinion. But this is what I have been witnessing the entire year of testing. Each time I return to testing this, it proves to be true.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-05-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 01:33 AM   #2
Banned

hoopsfan's Arena

Re: Speed Without Ball Description Is Wrong In 2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Speed Without Ball Description For Who It Effects Is Wrong In 2K19

Below is wrong:

(Controls the speed at which fast players move without the ball)

(Controls the speed at which slow players move without the ball)

Below is actually correct:

(Controls the speed at which "EVERY PLAYER" move without the ball)

(Controls every player's normal/slower (non sprint/turbo movements without ball) - This allows us to see players have those "normal, slower, real life movements. Players' normal reaction time is slower when attempting passing lane steals, going for on ball steals, offensive rebounds; basically anything with a non-running aspect to offball movement etc. Now, it does affect some of the running aspect but not as much as the Maximum.

The Test:

Whenever I would test the Speed without ball minimum to "0" and set the Max at 100, "every single player" on the court moved way too fast. As I lowered the Max slider closer to zero, EVERY PLAYER ran extremely slower. Setting the maximum speed too high is why everyone is having many issues with slower players running to fast, because it affects everyone. So how do we balance it? I personally have my Speed Without Ball Max set at 65 so that faster players don't appear too slow, and slower players are just fast enough and not too fast. I have my minimum set at 5...setting Acceleration higher in the movement slider section helps as well. Set it around 90+ (my minimum is at 93) to prevent excessive sliding. You will see offball players pivot better and turn corners at a quicker pace, along with better stepping.

Trust me and test this out today! Play around with the Speed without ball settings and you will see exactly what I just explained. This is with Speed and Acceleration Attribute sliders at 50, and Game Speed Sliders at 50.

Try it and form your own opinion. But this is what I have been witnessing the entire year of testing. Every time I come back to it, it bids true.
Tried it. I see exactly what you are noticing.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Great find! So what should we set Speed with ball to? Also are you speaking of Acceleration with or without ball?

If you can list your set in order that would great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbadguy
Great find! So what should we set Speed with ball to? Also are you speaking of Acceleration with or without ball?

If you can list your set in order that would great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure as to what the final values will be for Speed with Ball. But I do have a set... whenever I can get on my game, I will note it and post here, what I am working with.

I was specifically speaking of Acceleration "without" Ball (minimum). Everything I mentioned was based on "without ball" regarding Movement Sliders.

My goal is to come up with realistic Movement speeds without having to alter Game Speed (which alters clock speed as well), and without having to alter Attribute Speed and Acceleration...thus keeping those categories at 50.

I believe I kept Speed with Ball at 70 for Max so far...but will check. In the meantime, I may make tiny tweaks of 1 or 2's if need be. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-04-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
Banned

Here are the Speeds and Acceleration I am using currently. However, be mindful I just started these and I am testing.

Game Speed: 50

ATTRIBUTES

Acceleration: 50
Speed: 50
Lateral Quickness: 30 (still testing between 30 and 50)

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 70

Speed with Ball (Min rating): 50 (may increase; if set too low, players like Thaddeus Young & Lauri Markkanen run like they are stuck in mud with the ball; in fact Lauri is much faster than a "30" in real life! I watch him every game. 30 is too slow period. All the slower players appear too slow with 30)

Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 100 (no more ball getting stuck in one hand animation when attempting a crossover or switching hands while dribbling like 30 and below does; less sliding)

Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 95 (same as Max but less effective for slower guys)

Speed without Ball (Max rating): 65 (Controls EVERY player's offball running speed)

Speed without Ball (Min rating): 5 (reaction time changes for every offball movement such in this description; rebounding; passing lane attempts become more like deflections/tips rather than steals; closeout speeds are slower and not overpowered; easier to blowby occasionally; players have "normal" slower movements at times; still have some affect on player running speed though not as much as the Max)

Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 97 (helps aid in offball players getting wide open looks; much less sliding, pivoting and turn quickness)

Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 93 (much less sliding; better pivoting and turn quickness; offsets speed without ball being set low in order to prevent sluggishness, also see on ball reach in attempts, block attempts, passing lane attempts, etc.)

I am attempting to make it so that folks won't have to do too many tweaks with Speed and Acceleration in Attributes, if very little, by just tweaking the movement sliders only.

EDIT: All of my testing is done on SUPERSTAR Difficulty.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-05-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #6
Banned

...testing and tweaking movement sliders because sometimes I wakeup and see things differently from the night before. But they will remain very minor.

I just increased Speed with ball minimum to 51 & Acceleration with ball minimum to 96...only testing.

What I do notice is that players like Derrick Favors, are able to pivot and spin much better in the post when performing a quick triple threat move, and then attack the rim with force. This is definitely recognizable with acceleration with ball set high.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #7
Banned

Also, setting Acceleration too low, whether in Attributes or Movement slider sections, will cause players not to be able to Sprint forward at any moment. You will notice players' movements will get stuck at times, not being able to go forward. This should never be limited. The only thing in real life that prevents any of us from being able to Accelerate is tiredness, or unless you run into any object that blocks you from being able to.

Edit: I am also discovering that setting acceleration too high in the movement slider section for certain categories can also cause sliding due to becoming overpowered. Finding a limit or cap for each movement slider is important visually, and they can all have their own unique value.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-05-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
Banned

After reading this article about what 2K20 fixes I think I may be done with tweaking 2K19. No, I will continue to tweak just for fun, and hopefully all of the new stuff will be true in the next game.

However, it surely addresses the point I made about tiredness/stamina being the only thing that stops a player from accelerating or sprinting forward.

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-...dges-takeover/

Last edited by devroyce; 08-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »