Home

Speed Without Ball Description 2K19

This is a discussion on Speed Without Ball Description 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Without Ball Description Is Wrong In 2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Yea, you cannot gamble on-ball or off-ball the same with these sliders. Elite ball handlers like Doncic and Harden have been making my defenders look foolish and it’s not just the stumble fall animation but actual crossovers.

The only thing I’m thinking of changing is to increase +1 to Speed With Ball Min and Speed Without Ball Min to get more possessions each game.
I just tried your suggested increase of +1 to both at:

Speed with Ball (Min): 2

Speed without Ball (Min): 2

I got some postives for them:

1. Players' jog speed when tired looks more consistent. For example, like in real life when we get too tired to sprint, and still don't want to slow down to a walk because we gotta keep up somehow, we go into that steady and consistent jog when we are outta breath. That's what I see with the increase...even while pressing Sprint button. And it's a great aspect!

2. Collision animations and bumping into bigs in the paint with the whole set period...looks much more realistic as you can see both the offensive player and defensive player go backwards slightly as a result...and not look warped.

3. Even with Body-Up Sensitivity at default 50, there's no excessive glued effect, which lessens the need to tweak this slider.

4. I love the ability to stop and go hesitation to throw off an opponent and then get the attention of help defense to miss-time a block attempt, then I draw fouls against bigs in the paint.

5. Defensive Players are more prone to get hit with Defensive 3 Seconds violations due to not being overpowered speed-wise.

6. I just had a great great game versus the 76ers. I was the Celtics. Felt like I was playing basketball! Stats Below:

IMG_20190808_181123975.jpg

Kemba Walker was 1 rebound shy of a triple double for me. It didn't dawn on me until the end of the game, that I needed to use the "Shrink the Floor" defensive quick play on this Philly team full of bigs dangerously capable of offensive rebounds and scoring in the paint threats...so they didn't have a need to shoot many 3's. However, I may consider an increase in that tendency in my personal set.

What I used in this game:

- My Own Custom Slider Set on User vs CPU/Superstar/12 min qtrs

- @youALREADYknow Game Speed 65, Speed/Acceleration numbers, and Movement Sliders with a +1 increase to Speed with Ball (Min) and +1 increase to Speed without Ball (Min)

- Zone Usage: (roster edit) 100 for both teams as explained in another thread

- @mcdowell31 (roster edit) suggestion of decreasing Shot IQ by -20 for all players globally to prevent the "CPU second half shenanigans" in another thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p?p=2049859770

EDIT: Forgot to add, I see more player sweat throughout the game, because it actually takes realistic effort to push forward with @youALREADYknow settings.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-08-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

@devroyce and @youALREADYknow: Gentlemen... woo! This entire thread has been a master class in movement and realism!

I wish the development team could talk about these kinds of things so that the community intelligence would increase. I have often thought the community says the shooting is hard, or something is not realistic, because basic knowledge of how the game works is lacking. If the collective community had a constantly up****** wiki about game mechanics there would probably be less need for patches because people would understand why they were getting certain results.

Getting ready to put everything you have talked about in action right now!
Old 08-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #27
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

does this help with fast breaks as well? Sorry if it's been answered already. 2K for a few years made it feel like I'm playing the 1998 knicks every game.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #28
Just started!

Hey devroyce, what is your custom slider set settings?
Old 08-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #29
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
does this help with fast breaks as well? Sorry if it's been answered already. 2K for a few years made it feel like I'm playing the 1998 knicks every game.
That depends on what you're looking for on fast breaks. If you're looking to get more separation in transition, then raise Speed With Ball Min by 1-2 until you like the result. If you want to get rid of that warp catch-up animation on breakaway layups/dunks, then lower Driving Contact Frequency.

If you want a wide open high pace game, then try these sliders:
Acceleration: 6
Speed: 1
Speed with Ball Max: 70
Speed with Ball Min: 4
Acceleration with Ball Max: 100
Acceleration with Ball Min: 90
Speed without Ball Max: 100
Speed without Ball Min: 2
Acceleration without Ball Max: 70
Acceleration without Ball Min: 15
Body Up Sensitivity: 5
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 25
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 25
Layup Defense Strength Takeoff: 50

It's probably going to be too easy to score in transition as a User with any skill, but it's a good starting point.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 08-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
That depends on what you're looking for on fast breaks. If you're looking to get more separation in transition, then raise Speed With Ball Min by 1-2 until you like the result. If you want to get rid of that warp catch-up animation on breakaway layups/dunks, then lower Driving Contact Frequency.

If you want a wide open high pace game, then try these sliders:
Acceleration: 6
Speed: 1
Speed with Ball Max: 70
Speed with Ball Min: 4
Acceleration with Ball Max: 100
Acceleration with Ball Min: 90
Speed without Ball Max: 100
Speed without Ball Min: 2
Acceleration without Ball Max: 70
Acceleration without Ball Min: 15
Body Up Sensitivity: 5
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: <25
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: <25
Layup Defense Strength Takeoff: <50

It's probably going to be too easy to score in transition as a User with any skill, but it's a good starting point.
Hey @youALREADYknow just letting you that your reply to your previous comment has missing/blank values for:

Driving Contact Shot Frequency:
Inside Contact Shot Frequency:
Layup Defense Strength Takeoff:
Old 08-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell31
@devroyce and @youALREADYknow: Gentlemen... woo! This entire thread has been a master class in movement and realism!

I wish the development team could talk about these kinds of things so that the community intelligence would increase. I have often thought the community says the shooting is hard, or something is not realistic, because basic knowledge of how the game works is lacking. If the collective community had a constantly up****** wiki about game mechanics there would probably be less need for patches because people would understand why they were getting certain results.

Getting ready to put everything you have talked about in action right now!
Thanks for your contributions as well! I 100% agree with this statement...and because of this community and knowledgeable input, I am learning everyday. Happy to add to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 05:15 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
@stickyfingers My idea was this below:

Game Speed: 50

ATTRIBUTES

Acceleration: 50
Speed: 50

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 70
Speed with Ball (Min rating): 50
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 100
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 95
Speed without Ball (Max rating): 65
Speed without Ball (Min rating): 5
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 97
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 93

***However, I am using @youALREADYknow settings now because I believe they are better for realism.
Thanx to both of you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »