Home

Improved Player Movement Sliders

This is a discussion on Improved Player Movement Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Improved Player Movement Sliders

The majority of complaints that I have heard about this game are related to it feeling "Sluggish", players hitting invisible walls/getting stuck on other players or sucked in, slower than real life pace, speed "breaking" and people just feeling like they lack control.

Which were the most pressing areas for me as a player as well. I can handle animations that look a little sped up, as long as the overall experience is improved in the areas of pace/flow, acceleration, and just overall control.

We need to put the excitement of NBA basketball into 2K19. As in, explosive moves/first steps exist, fastbreaks are mostly FAST in regards to players with and without the ball, etc.

And most importantly, you the user should feel like you have control over the action. The game needs to feel right. Nothing is more important to the game feeling right than the player movement itself.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-24-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Out of curiosity, what is your Body Up Sensitivity slider set to?
Right now it's at default, but I'm considering adjusting that. With that said, I'm able to get to the hole with players like Kyrie and Oladipo very well
Old 09-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Right now it's at default, but I'm considering adjusting that. With that said, I'm able to get to the hole with players like Kyrie and Oladipo very well

My problem with default was: I hit invisible walls more (Caught on corners that I shouldn't). Example, I would have a clear path to the hoop off of a move, and I would BARELY make any contact with my opponents body (He would be practically on my side) and my player would just stop, or awkwardly run in place.

I was also getting "Sucked in" more. Like on one of my videos on the first post showing Derrick Favors getting sucked into two players. I feel when body up sensitivity is lowered, that doesn't happen as often. The other issue was the "slow motion" side by side running that would occur when you would try to round the corner on a drive. This looks and feels ugly, players don't just run in slow motion side by side (Especially on drives turning the corner). This is cut down significantly with these sliders.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-24-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
My problem with default was: I hit invisible walls more (Caught on corners that I shouldn't). Example, I would have a clear path to the hoop off of a move, and I would BARELY make any contact with my opponents body (He would be practically on my side) and my player would just stop, or awkwardly run in place.

I was also getting "Sucked in" more. Like on one of my videos on the first post showing Derrick Favors getting sucked into two players. I feel when body up sensitivity is lowered, that doesn't happen as often. The other issue was the "slow motion" side by side running that would occur when you would try to round the corner on a drive. This looks and feels ugly, players don't just run in slow motion side by side (Especially on drives turning the corner). This is cut down significantly with these sliders.
That's fine, but what I'm trying to balance is not making it super easy to drive and score all of your points in the paint. Not saying that's the case with yours, but just my mindset. And that's my fear with some of these sliders.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
That's fine, but what I'm trying to balance is not making it super easy to drive and score all of your points in the paint. Not saying that's the case with yours, but just my mindset. And that's my fear with some of these sliders.

Oh absolutely. I took that into account.

I struggled to score with Rivers and Satoransky, but not as much with Wall. I still got held up and challenged with Wall (either by help defense or the on ball defender)

My biggest issue with 2K18 was the blow by ability (and just defense overall). Certainly wouldn't try to emulate that.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-24-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Oh absolutely. I took that into account.

I struggled to score with Rivers and Satoransky, but not as much with Wall. I still got held up and challenged with Wall (either by help defense or the on ball defender)

My biggest issue with 2K18 was the blow by ability (and just defense overall). Certainly wouldn't try to emulate that.
What difficulty level do you base these on before inputing?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
What difficulty level do you base these on before inputing?
I start on HOF as a base, and input my player movement sliders after.

In that video, I'm on HOF as a base with my player movement sliders and the sim sliders that Mrwrestling3 worked on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #32
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Downloaded these on PS4. They seem to run great, thanks to you and Barncore

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »