Home

Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

This is a discussion on Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #41
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
You know what's funny is that I played around with these "exact" numbers and combo with other slider sets I was testing in the past lol but never noticed it because I didn't have a clue about these exploits existing until this month. And then I would be upset and constantly change sliders. Hahaha. Thanks man I will surely be trying this when I get a chance! Your help is highly appreciated. Hope your update is coming along well.

Thanks!

Yea, my testing was going a lot smoother until that exploit was brought to my attention. Wasted a days worth of testing on it, then found an easier solution by someone else

Hope you keep putting out quality sliders! We’ve gotta fix this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Thanks!

Yea, my testing was going a lot smoother until that exploit was brought to my attention. Wasted a days worth of testing on it, then found an easier solution by someone else

Hope you keep putting out quality sliders! We’ve gotta fix this game
True... We are all in this together... refusing to give up on a game we love no matter what. I still believe in solutions. It is still an awesome game in many other ways. Definitely a work in progress but meanwhile we'll enjoy this journey!
Old 04-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #43
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

To me the biggest problem is the pick and roll defense by the CPU, or should I say help defense and defensive rotation in general. If 2k18 had a better help defense, blowbys wouldn't be such a problem, and pick and rolls wouldn't be such a problem. I am not sure sliders can fix this, but the closes to fixing it and where I did see a least amount of complete defensive breakdowns after the pick and roll have been with Schnaidt's sliders mixed wih KingGro's rosters, so I guess it can be reduced but these sequences where I just walk to the basket like I am alone on the court after a simple pick and roll just seem to be a part of 2k18.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
I was looking into that same issue (running straight at the defender and always being able to turn the corner WITHOUT dribble moves. Just run at the defender and you’ll bully past him 9 times out of 10).

A poster on NLSC found a good solution:

(Both USER and CPU)
Body-Up Sensitivity - 40
Drive Contact Shot Frequency- 33
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 33

Quick and easy. Doesn’t mess with a ton of other sliders so you’re free to tweak other areas without compromising the solution, and you still get great animations.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you as well!
@EccentricMeat It works very well!!! I really like this combination. Thanks for sharing this. Good looking out man! Much props..I will definitely be using this from now on.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-27-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
I was looking into that same issue (running straight at the defender and always being able to turn the corner WITHOUT dribble moves. Just run at the defender and you’ll bully past him 9 times out of 10).

A poster on NLSC found a good solution:

(Both USER and CPU)
Body-Up Sensitivity - 40
Drive Contact Shot Frequency- 33
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 33

Quick and easy. Doesn’t mess with a ton of other sliders so you’re free to tweak other areas without compromising the solution, and you still get great animations.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you as well!
Quote:
@EccentricMeat It works very well!!! I really like this combination. Thanks for sharing this. Good looking out man! Much props..I will definitely be using this from now on.
@EccentricMeat, and others who may be reading... I found another huge exploit problem...as I know some of you have discovered already but I will mention it here as a personal experience...This has nothing to do with your fixes for the (set pick button + Sprint button) mashing that allowed me to bully to the paint with ease each possession. Your slider suggestions clearly fixed that issue without a doubt. There's no disputing that. So awesome job on that.

New Problem (or Old problem I just never noticed until now): I can literally use only the left stick to walk into the paint every single possession with total ease. I don't even need to push Sprint or any other button. Just simply push the left stick towards the basket slowly and lightly...I don't need to push the left stick all the way either. The defender will back down automatically until you get to the rim. Depending on the sliders which I've tried every digit especially with steals attributes, ball security very low, and steals success, you might get ripped up or they will foul you almost each time and I mean reach in fouls. I got fouled like 4 times within the first 3-4 minutes.

I've tried every slider combo I could think of to give CPU the clear advantage. Even lowering user offensive attributes to 0. Only difference is they bwill backdown. No need to list all the categories and numbers. I believe I am done with tweaking this game at this point because I can't play this game knowing the exploits. I can't pretend not to do it lol. I'm finally at my end point after that. If somebody has a true fix for this issue alone, let it be known. Because I'm close to calling it completely done. Appreciate all you guys help here on OS.

Edit: To add more I just tried this same thing on HOF Default and it presents more fight but doesn't prevent the simple left stick walk into the paint I score almost each possession this way.

2nd Edit: (HOF Default) CPU ACE kicked in and adjusted. They are playing more physical but it's a shame that I can still get away with this more so than not.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-27-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 AM   #46
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
@EccentricMeat, and others who may be reading... I found another huge exploit problem...as I know some of you have discovered already but I will mention it here as a personal experience...This has nothing to do with your fixes for the (set pick button + Sprint button) mashing that allowed me to bully to the paint with ease each possession. Your slider suggestions clearly fixed that issue without a doubt. There's no disputing that. So awesome job on that.

New Problem (or Old problem I just never noticed until now): I can literally use only the left stick to walk into the paint every single possession with total ease. I don't even need to push Sprint or any other button. Just simply push the left stick towards the basket slowly and lightly...I don't need to push the left stick all the way either. The defender will back down automatically until you get to the rim. Depending on the sliders which I've tried every digit especially with steals attributes, ball security very low, and steals success, you might get ripped up or they will foul you almost each time and I mean reach in fouls. I got fouled like 4 times within the first 3-4 minutes.

I've tried every slider combo I could think of to give CPU the clear advantage. Even lowering user offensive attributes to 0. Only difference is they bwill backdown. No need to list all the categories and numbers. I believe I am done with tweaking this game at this point because I can't play this game knowing the exploits. I can't pretend not to do it lol. I'm finally at my end point after that. If somebody has a true fix for this issue alone, let it be known. Because I'm close to calling it completely done. Appreciate all you guys help here on OS.

Edit: To add more I just tried this same thing on HOF Default and it presents more fight but doesn't prevent the simple left stick walk into the paint I score almost each possession this way.

2nd Edit: (HOF Default) CPU ACE kicked in and adjusted. They are playing more physical but it's a shame that I can still get away with this more so than not.
I would honestly just ignore that exploit. If you're just slowly walking toward the basket, and the AI backs up to maintain their perimeter stance, there's nothing that can be done to fix that. And honestly, anyone who's willing to use that exploit isn't who we're making slider sets for anyway.

To utilize an exploit like that, a person would have to be COMPLETELY willing to play in the most non-sim way just to get a win. No sim slider set will ever appeal to that kind of player, so it's a non issue.

IMO anyway. I make slider sets for sim-minded players who run plays and use dribble moves and play realistically. If anyone came into my thread saying they use this exploit and wanted me to fix it, I would tell them to GTFO because I don't care about their problem lol
Old 04-28-2018, 01:16 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
I would honestly just ignore that exploit. If you're just slowly walking toward the basket, and the AI backs up to maintain their perimeter stance, there's nothing that can be done to fix that. And honestly, anyone who's willing to use that exploit isn't who we're making slider sets for anyway.

To utilize an exploit like that, a person would have to be COMPLETELY willing to play in the most non-sim way just to get a win. No sim slider set will ever appeal to that kind of player, so it's a non issue.

IMO anyway. I make slider sets for sim-minded players who run plays and use dribble moves and play realistically. If anyone came into my thread saying they use this exploit and wanted me to fix it, I would tell them to GTFO because I don't care about their problem lol
Here's the thing...when you're faced with people telling you that it is too easy to get to the rim, and trust me I got to hear that too much whenever I've made enjoyable slider sets...it finally got to me and I wanted to see what this "too easy" was that folks were raving about. As of the past several days I surely found out. It is frustrating to me...and if you knew me personally things don't get me frustrated or flustered like that. I don't like the exploits personally, but again I needed to see what few individuals were constantly bringing to my attention because I thought everything was perfectly fine.

I'm back to playing the game as normal...but I was really upset earlier. I'll just ignore it all like you suggested...because I really love the game of basketball.

Anyway, thanks for the response and confirmation on these matters. Even though it is not easy and I am not perfect at it (because I am only human), when encountering others, it's better to resolve matters with grace than to quarrel...and that's what it is all about for me no matter who is right or wrong. Appreciate the time you took to respond!

Last edited by devroyce; 04-28-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:03 AM   #48
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

This just confirms to me that this game was rushed, maybe because of how much time they needed to spend on the neighbourhood, all time teams etc, but gameplay itself should be a number one priority, and I hope it is going to be for the 2k19. I try not to exploit the game but I won't it to limit my freedom of playing how I want, so this year you can exploit the 1 on 1 defense, you can exploit pick and roll defense, if I am just going to call plays every time I get to the offense I might aswell play this game CPU vs CPU.

This game has some really great stuff but there are also things that need a lot of work, some less some more. I love how much the community is involved in this game and trying to make it better, both by making rosters and editing the sliders, but it's may, 2k19 is coming out in about 5 months, NBA season is coming to the end, I am not sure some major bugs can be fixed, but I hope you guys are going to create a nice and solid gameplay. Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »