Home

Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

This is a discussion on Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I used set 2. Latest game below. I was okc. 6 min qtrs. I raised shooting sliders to 51 across the board for both user and cpu.stats look more like they should with this change. You seem to have really nailed the free throws, didn't think that was possible...well done.
Awesome! This really helps. When I get the chance to play again I will try it. I believe this change will work for both sets then. I assume you won this game correct?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #34
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Awesome! This really helps. When I get the chance to play again I will try it. I believe this change will work for both sets then. I assume you won this game correct?
No, i was okc.
Only thing i forgot to mention it is still quite easy to get to the rim. Had about 5 or 6 dunks in the last game alone. If you could tighten this up then this set would be gold...
Old 04-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
No, i was okc.
Only thing i forgot to mention it is still quite easy to get to the rim. Had about 5 or 6 dunks in the last game alone. If you could tighten this up then this set would be gold...
The help you are providing is gold. Man I would take numerical suggestions for tightening up that area also. Otherwise, I will definitely look at ways to better this when I play again.

Forgot to ask...do you think it is more of dunk ability being too powerful vs getting to the rim as the issue?

I tried 20 dunk ability and 80 dunk tendency so that players will still dunk and honestly liked it...but don't want to take away from anything...sooo The reason is that dunk ability being high can sometimes have this animation where a player won't gather steps at all, or won't gather steps properly without acceleration, and he will fly from anywhere on the court...long distance and all...even dunk off of a pivot! Which is crazy. So I don't know...the jury is out for this one.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-25-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #36
NBA 2k18 (Xbox One)

VictoriousTZ's Arena

Question.

I’ve always been an HOF difficultly level player. I’m not overly happy with recent gameplay though.

To be honest, seeing Rookie makes me wince. That said, everyone seems to be saying good things about your sliders.

Do you find the games to be challenging?

Last edited by VictoriousTZ; 04-25-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriousTZ
Question.

I’ve always been an HOF difficultly level player. I’m not overly happy with recent gameplay though.

To be honest, seeing Rookie makes me wince. That said, everyone seems to be saying good things about your sliders.

Do you find the games to be challenging?
Thanks for asking! I am refraining from making any bold claims, as every player's experience may differ. All I can say is try it, because I would rather you make your own judgment and you may be a better player. There are two sets on the OP. However, I will say this...to be on "Rookie", it hasn't been just a simple walk in the park as I thought.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:34 AM   #38
Banned

OK here we go...after doing some extensive testing...It is way waaaay too easy to exploit even this set with pressing the "set pick button + Sprint button" (LB + RT on Xbox One) at the same time at about every half second, to drive to the paint successfully. Now I'm still losing the game currently, which is a good thing, but now I see what @jr86 was mentioning earlier. The players would just bully their bodies into cpu defenders to get to the paint with ease.

Using Set #2 the only thing that "sort of" fixes this problem for those who know how to exploit is to change to these sliders in set #2 below:

Ball Security: 5 or less (USER)
Body Sensitivity: 0 (USER)

Body Sensitivity: 100(CPU)
Steals Success: 50 (CPU) to prevent constant rips

I'm seeing my players go into what looks like a form Auto post up or they will be forced to pick up the ball for protection when triggering that button combination now.
Ridiculous but true. This changes so much for me now. ~"Tweakin' ain't easy"....

***UPDATE to both sets on OP includes:
Inside Shot Success: 51
Close Shot Success: 51
Mid-Range Success: 51
3PT Success: 51
Layup Success: 51

Last edited by devroyce; 04-26-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #39
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
OK here we go...after doing some extensive testing...It is way waaaay too easy to exploit even this set with pressing the "set pick button + Sprint button" (LB + RT on Xbox One) at the same time at about every half second, to drive to the paint successfully. Now I'm still losing the game currently, which is a good thing, but now I see what @jr86 was mentioning earlier. The players would just bully their bodies into cpu defenders to get to the paint with ease.

Using Set #2 the only thing that "sort of" fixes this problem for those who know how to exploit is to change to these sliders in set #2 below:

Ball Security: 5 or less (USER)
Body Sensitivity: 0 (USER)

Body Sensitivity: 100(CPU)
Steals Success: 50 (CPU) to prevent constant rips

I'm seeing my players go into what looks like a form Auto post up or they will be forced to pick up the ball for protection when triggering that button combination now.
Ridiculous but true. This changes so much for me now. ~"Tweakin' ain't easy"....

***UPDATE to both sets on OP includes:
Inside Shot Success: 51
Close Shot Success: 51
Mid-Range Success: 51
3PT Success: 51
Layup Success: 51

I was looking into that same issue (running straight at the defender and always being able to turn the corner WITHOUT dribble moves. Just run at the defender and you’ll bully past him 9 times out of 10).

A poster on NLSC found a good solution:

(Both USER and CPU)
Body-Up Sensitivity - 40
Drive Contact Shot Frequency- 33
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 33

Quick and easy. Doesn’t mess with a ton of other sliders so you’re free to tweak other areas without compromising the solution, and you still get great animations.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you as well!
Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I was looking into that same issue (running straight at the defender and always being able to turn the corner WITHOUT dribble moves. Just run at the defender and you’ll bully past him 9 times out of 10).

A poster on NLSC found a good solution:

(Both USER and CPU)
Body-Up Sensitivity - 40
Drive Contact Shot Frequency- 33
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 33

Quick and easy. Doesn’t mess with a ton of other sliders so you’re free to tweak other areas without compromising the solution, and you still get great animations.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you as well!
You know what's funny is that I played around with these "exact" numbers and combo with other slider sets I was testing in the past lol but never noticed it because I didn't have a clue about these exploits existing until this month. And then I would be upset and constantly change sliders. Hahaha. Thanks man I will surely be trying this when I get a chance! Your help is highly appreciated. Hope your update is coming along well.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-26-2018 at 01:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »