Home

Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

This is a discussion on Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #49
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Here's the thing...when you're faced with people telling you that it is too easy to get to the rim, and trust me I got to hear that too much whenever I've made enjoyable slider sets...it finally got to me and I wanted to see what this "too easy" was that folks were raving about. As of the past several days I surely found out. It is frustrating to me...and if you knew me personally things don't get me frustrated or flustered like that. I don't like the exploits personally, but again I needed to see what few individuals were constantly bringing to my attention because I thought everything was perfectly fine.

I'm back to playing the game as normal...but I was really upset earlier. I'll just ignore it all like you suggested...because I really love the game of basketball.

Anyway, thanks for the response and confirmation on these matters. Even though it is not easy and I am not perfect at it (because I am only human), when encountering others, it's better to resolve matters with grace than to quarrel...and that's what it is all about for me no matter who is right or wrong. Appreciate the time you took to respond!
Is there any footage of this? I would like to try to deal with it if it is present in my set as well.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
This just confirms to me that this game was rushed, maybe because of how much time they needed to spend on the neighbourhood, all time teams etc, but gameplay itself should be a number one priority, and I hope it is going to be for the 2k19. I try not to exploit the game but I won't it to limit my freedom of playing how I want, so this year you can exploit the 1 on 1 defense, you can exploit pick and roll defense, if I am just going to call plays every time I get to the offense I might aswell play this game CPU vs CPU.

This game has some really great stuff but there are also things that need a lot of work, some less some more. I love how much the community is involved in this game and trying to make it better, both by making rosters and editing the sliders, but it's may, 2k19 is coming out in about 5 months, NBA season is coming to the end, I am not sure some major bugs can be fixed, but I hope you guys are going to create a nice and solid gameplay. Cheers
This is exactly what I want! Force me to play basketball. Well said on all points above.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-28-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:12 PM   #51
Banned

Last edited by devroyce; 05-30-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #52
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

Quote:
Closing Statement:

@duce I was going to share with others the public video I showed you earlier as I know you clearly understood, because I don't think it is clearly understood by others when we say getting to the paint with ease and I don't want to spend anymore time on this.

So as a final statement to all...What @johnnythelegend, a few others, and I were explaining was that we want RESISTANCE..any kind...give us a reaction...to the potential exploits. Not just walk into the paint. I played HOF Default last night and scored more points in the paint (52) than either of the teams on TV today in the Cavs (30) vs Pacers (44) games...but it was met with some kind of resistance just as in real life and I had to apply some kind of "skill" to get there and sometimes CPU had "normal" defensive blunders which happens. Whether a defender is good at it or bad at it, or he gets fatigued resulting in lazy defense, and one guy is talented enough to get to the paint is not the issue...it happens. But resistance to a ball handler is and should be a natural occurrence. Nothing too much to ask for. This game totes itself as the NBA's #1 game. It's not too much to ask for.

***And by the way the second exploit with the left stick only, was actually found by accident. I wasn't even trying to exploit, when I discovered that one...I was attempting the "no sprint button" action to protect the ball and not force a turnover but found myself just walking in.*** That shouldn't even be an option. Period.

HOF Default is not perfect...we all know the 2k flaws as it has been stated a million times here on OS. But it offered resistance...simply. Even if I can get into the paint with a little ease at moments. Even if I outsmart the defense at various moments. It gave me Resistance. Whether anyone wants to fix the issue or not and whether they can or cannot with their own custom slider sets..have at it, prove it to each other, I am happy for you...might chime in and might not. I'm finished and moving forward.

I'm rolling with Hall of Fame Default until 2K19 sooo....

I have some new and huge events from here on out and throughout the summer and will be gone so my time here is short on OS. Going to enjoy this great day, celebrate life, and my wife that God has blessed me with! It's more important than any of this. Cheers to all and have a great summer!

Sad to hear you’re going, man. Any specifics to the issues you’re seeing besides the couple of exploits we talked about? I’m still working on my update and want to have all the bases covered (I just want to finish the update and then forget about 2K for a week so I can play God Of War uninterrupted )
Old 05-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Closing Statement:

@duce I was going to share with others the public video I showed you earlier as I know you clearly understood, because I don't think it is clearly understood by others when we say getting to the paint with ease and I don't want to spend anymore time on this.

So as a final statement to all...What @johnnythelegend, a few others, and I were explaining was that we want RESISTANCE..any kind...give us a reaction...to the potential exploits. Not just walk into the paint. I played HOF Default last night and scored more points in the paint (52) than either of the teams on TV today in the Cavs (30) vs Pacers (44) games...but it was met with some kind of resistance just as in real life and I had to apply some kind of "skill" to get there and sometimes CPU had "normal" defensive blunders which happens. Whether a defender is good at it or bad at it, or he gets fatigued resulting in lazy defense, and one guy is talented enough to get to the paint is not the issue...it happens. But resistance to a ball handler is and should be a natural occurrence. Nothing too much to ask for. This game totes itself as the NBA's #1 game. It's not too much to ask for.

***And by the way the second exploit with the left stick only, was actually found by accident. I wasn't even trying to exploit, when I discovered that one...I was attempting the "no sprint button" action to protect the ball and not force a turnover but found myself just walking in.*** That shouldn't even be an option. Period.

HOF Default is not perfect...we all know the 2k flaws as it has been stated a million times here on OS. But it offered resistance...simply. Even if I can get into the paint with a little ease at moments. Even if I outsmart the defense at various moments. It gave me Resistance. Whether anyone wants to fix the issue or not and whether they can or cannot with their own custom slider sets..have at it, prove it to each other, I am happy for you...might chime in and might not. I'm finished and moving forward.

I'm rolling with Hall of Fame Default until 2K19 sooo....

I have some new and huge events from here on out and throughout the summer and will be gone so my time here is short on OS. Going to enjoy this great day, celebrate life, and my wife that God has blessed me with! It's more important than any of this. Cheers to all and have a great summer!

I agree with you. I’ve already made the choice for HoF default with only changes to the box out strength and defense assist to curb overpowering rebounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »