Home

Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

This is a discussion on Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #9
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty (Updated OP April 20, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Watching on stream right now. Got me excited! I'm not able to be on my game right now so, I really l appreciate you doing this!
Glad to do so // I feel you have a lot of things right with this set. My main message to many (and not all) users would be that the Rookie level with these sliders will still provide a challenge. I felt that players played like they were supposed to for the most part. In my game, my defense was eventually a bit overwhelming for the CPU, but the game never got out of hand and they continued to play well.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
Banned

Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty (Updated OP April 20, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Glad to do so // I feel you have a lot of things right with this set. My main message to many (and not all) users would be that the Rookie level with these sliders will still provide a challenge. I felt that players played like they were supposed to for the most part. In my game, my defense was eventually a bit overwhelming for the CPU, but the game never got out of hand and they continued to play well.
Thanks for the input & honesty.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the input & honesty.
Waddup Royce. I was using your HOF Custom Set for a while. They played really good and realistic. I was wondering why did u stop using them and are now playing with Rookie?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
Waddup Royce. I was using your HOF Custom Set for a while. They played really good and realistic. I was wondering why did u stop using them and are now playing with Rookie?
Needed a overhaul in my opinion. I was using HOF Default for a while after that but thete were a few games that pissed me off so bad that I went straight rookie lol! In my last game on HOF Default, I made it to double overtime using the Bucks vs Cavs, but the cheese was so bad that I can write a book explaining what happened in that game as a result. There moments in the game where the "not using turbo to be able to secure the ball" doesn't work at all and you cant dribble at all. Felt like I was being controlled by cpu.

4 Point Rule:

Its hard to explain but again if I could explain every visual detail in words it would be a book.

Lets say that several times in the final quarters I have a 2 point lead...I get fouled and miss two free throws so that I cant get a 4 point lead which in most cases secure a victory. I'd get a 3 point lead...Miss both free throws and again cant get a 4 point lead. Next, I have a 3 point lead cpu ties the game. Now on the other hand, If Cpu gets a 4 point lead, I could never ever ever ever get the lead. And even if I score cpu bounces it right back to a 4 point lead. Why? Because 4 point leads secures victories most times. I am not saying its impossible but this happened way too much down to a "science" for many games to the point where it was predictable and tiring. At that point I was done with HOF and wanted to try something totally different. I love to test unique things on this game also just for the heck of it and not follow the crowd. Might as well while waiting for 2K19.

Note: I dont even remember what the original HOF sliders were because I updated some of the sliders. So I might have messed them up. lol.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-23-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #13
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Quote:
Needed a overhaul in my opinion. I was using HOF Default for a while after that but thete were a few games that pissed me off so bad that I went straight rookie lol! In my last game on HOF Default, I made it to double overtime using the Bucks vs Cavs, but the cheese was so bad that I can write a book explaining what happened in that game as a result. There moments in the game where the "not using turbo to be able to secure the ball" doesn't work at all and you cant dribble at all. Felt like I was being controlled by cpu.

4 Point Rule:

Its hard to explain but again if I could explain every visual detail in words it would be a book.

Lets say that several times in the final quarters I have a 2 point lead...I get fouled and miss two free throws so that I cant get a 4 point lead which in most cases secure a victory. I'd get a 3 point lead...Miss both free throws and again cant get a 4 point lead. Next, I have a 3 point lead cpu ties the game. Now on the other hand, If Cpu gets a 4 point lead, I could never ever ever ever beat get the lead. Why? Because 4 point leads secures victories most times. I am not saying its impossible but this happened way too much down to a "science" for many games to the point where it was predictable and tiring. At that point I was done with HOF and wanted to try something totally different. I love to test unique things on this game also just for the heck of it and not follow the crowd. Might as well while waiting for 2K19.

Note: I dont even remember what the original HOF sliders were because I updated some of the sliders. So I might have messed them up. lol.
Yeah I'm pretty sure we are all fed up with the cheese in this game. But isn't Rookie too easy?
Old 04-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure we are all fed up with the cheese in this game. But isn't Rookie too easy?
I don't know. This is not default rookie. That is for you to judge. I can't speak for another player. Currently, I am working on fine tuning a few areas for an update...so I am not even using what is on the OP. But again, thats for you to play and determine. Speculation won't give you the answer. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #15
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Quote:
I don't know. This is not default rookie. That is for you to judge. I can't speak for another player. Currently, I am working on fine tuning a few areas for an update...so I am not even using what is on the OP. But again, thats for you to play and determine. Speculation won't give you the answer. Thanks!
thanks for the replies bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
thanks for the replies bro.
You're welcome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »