Home

unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement

This is a discussion on unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #57
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I hate posting questions that challenge a major premise of one's slider setup, but I'm just going to ask the question Brooke....this is in relation to the "6 slider approach" on your first post...not the full set (which I need to try out as well )

Just how critical is the 57 game speed from an animation standpoint in your opinion? Is 57 a "breakpoint" that you've noticed where things really change or did you set it more by feel? I ask because while about 85-90% of the time, the gameplay speed is fine, there are a fair number of moments where there is a "warp speed" animation (especially on loose balls)....I suspect it is one of 2k's "canned animations" that has gotten sped-up and it looks out-of-place...perhaps moreseo than they usually do at 50 game speed.

I'm mainly interested in reducing the movement "issues" (force fields, suction, etc)...replicating NBA game speed isn't vital for me personally. You've got the player interaction animations down really well...If you tell me that the game speed set to exactly 57 is a critical component of that, I'll try to adapt to it. Just hoping that maybe there is a middle ground that can be explored....(or perhaps your full set recently posted better addresses the issues...).
The speed at 57 seemed to be the sweet spot of player motion. It also aides in how fast the cpu gets into their setup and plays. While different speeds might benefit aspects of the game, the core gameplay and player movement is better on higher speeds. You can lower the speed , but things like cpu aggressiveness and fast breaks will not look as natural as in real life.

I think there are animations in nba2k that are quirky regardless of sliders or speed. It’s about getting the most natural movement and gameplay 80-90% of the time
Old 02-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #58
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
No , I use the default roster.
These work nicely with King Gro23's roster on ps4...absolutely amazing gameplay.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 02-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #59
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Another shoutout to you. After having a blast with your edits for this game today...these are definitely a keeper. I'm rockin these movement/speed sliders for the rest of the 2k18.

Super fun game! I was using the Lakers...Thunder closed me out down the wire. (HOF w/other slider edits_12 min qtrs_default 2k rosters)
My Lakers were a bit turnover prone in that game lol...very realistic stats though...I love those shooting percentages, I always have to lower shooting sliders to achieve that because I use real player %.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 02-23-2018, 02:41 PM   #60
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
The speed at 57 seemed to be the sweet spot of player motion. It also aides in how fast the cpu gets into their setup and plays. While different speeds might benefit aspects of the game, the core gameplay and player movement is better on higher speeds. You can lower the speed , but things like cpu aggressiveness and fast breaks will not look as natural as in real life.

I think there are animations in nba2k that are quirky regardless of sliders or speed. It’s about getting the most natural movement and gameplay 80-90% of the time
Ah....that is what I was thinking you might say. I know from doing sliders myself that there are always some values that are a bit more "preference" versus those that are "core values". I have to confess that I'm a wee bummed that the canned animations do stick-out...but that's not a slider issue...and the game still plays way better with these changes.

I'll go ahead and stick with the 57 speed for the time being and also take a look at that full set you posted. I'm also mixing/matching your tweaks with various difficulty settings (and other slider sets) to see what really works best for me.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #61
Rookie

Istanbul's Arena

I think it's too fast.I want a little bit slower game pace, run the sets, playing with mind not only athleticism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #62
Rookie

I use 55, it's a good compromise

Last edited by goma76; 02-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #63
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

These edits are amazing! I have played about 100 games of 2K18 and have been happy with the balance. Speed and acceleration were my only sore spots. These edits have opened the game tremendously. I was playing a ECSF game in the 2021 season between the Bulls and Cavs. I saw stuff I have never seen before. LeBron (now 36) took it to Markannan on the premier whenever he was matched up on him. Like aggressively! There was a sequence where Rose got a steal on George Hill and he blew past everyone on the break. It flowed so naturally. I was controlling Marc Gasol and by the time I got to half court Rose was almost at the free throw line. Ricky Rubio (Cavs) was killing it from the mid range. It feels like the game is opened up now. This is great stuff!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:21 AM   #64
Rookie

DENCIO's Arena

OVR: 2

What is the latest slider sir ? This slider or the other trend?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »