Home

unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement

This is a discussion on unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: unlocked key sliders for Real NBA movement

The values with the slashes are user/cpu, and the single values are for both correct? Also, there are too many missed layups (user) steals (cpu) and fouls are too high on both sides. Too many fouls limit the game flow.

Last edited by BustinLoose; 02-22-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #50
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustinLoose
The values with the slashes are user/cpu, and the single values are for both correct? Also, there are too many missed layups (user) steals (cpu) and fouls are too high on both sides. Too many fouls limit the game flow.
You can always lower the foul slider and raise the lay- up slider. U can also use my default pro movement slider on page 1

And yes, one value is for both and if there is two values, then it’s user/ cpu .

Last edited by Brooke2011; 02-22-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #51
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Full disclosure....

I'm not a diehard fan of the modern NBA but do enjoy popping-in a BBall game every now and then....especially with retro rosters.

Full disclosure, part 2...

I have never genuinely enjoyed NBA 2k, especially in this current-gen era. I bought the game this year as people I respect were raving about it. It lasted about a week on my Hard Drive before I un-installed....couldn't even finish a game....forcefields, warping, suction, canned animations....sure, the AI was much better (offensive rotations look great), but I just couldn't get past all of these issues. Some people may say I am being picky, but things like that immediately break me out of my immersion and remind me that I am playing a video game. When that happens, I quickly lose interest.

Your premise intrigued me, so, I re-downloaded the game and popped-in just what you had on the OP. MY GOODNESS!! While the speed felt a bit hectic at times, this did not feel like a 2k game at all. All of the graphical artifacts that annoyed the crap out of me, pretty much gone. The biggest key...umm...it was actually FUN!

I'm actually planning on running with these but with a little twist that I accidentally tried-out last night.

I'm going to edit default Pro with the page 1 edits and save that slider file (what I didn't realize last night was that the sliders change with difficulty and Pro gave some slider boosts for the user). But, then, I am going to change the difficulty to Superstar and re-import the "modified default Pro" setup. In theory, we get the advantages of the ACE system. but as default pro has some user slider boosts, I am hoping it will neutralize and enhancement the CPU will get. I don't know if that makes sense or if that is how this game works....but I am going to look and see.

Brooke, thanks a lot for posting this....you may have just saved this game for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #52
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Full disclosure....

I'm not a diehard fan of the modern NBA but do enjoy popping-in a BBall game every now and then....especially with retro rosters.

I have never genuinely enjoyed NBA 2k, especially in this current-gen era. I bought the game this year as people I respect were raving about it. It lasted about a week on my Hard Drive before I un-installed....couldn't even finish a game....forcefields, warping, suction, canned animations....sure, the AI was much better (offensive rotations look great), but I just couldn't get past all of these issues. Some people may say I am being picky, but things like that immediately break me out of my immersion and remind me that I am playing a video game. When that happens, I quickly lose interest.

Your premise intrigued me, so, I re-downloaded the game and popped-in just what you had on the OP. MY GOODNESS!! While the speed felt a bit hectic at times, this did not feel like a 2k game at all. All of the graphical artifacts that annoyed the crap out of me, pretty much gone. The biggest key...umm...it was actually FUN!

I'm actually planning on running with these but with a little twist that I accidentally tried-out last night.

I'm going to edit default Pro with the page 1 edits and save that slider file (what I didn't realize last night was that the sliders change with difficulty and Pro gave some slider boosts for the user). But, then, I am going to change the difficulty to Superstar and re-import the "modified default Pro" setup. In theory, we get the advantages of the ACE system. but as default pro has some user slider boosts, I am hoping it will neutralize and enhancement the CPU will get. I don't know if that makes sense or if that is how this game works....but I am going to look and see.

Brooke, thanks a lot for posting this....you may have just saved this game for me!
Have you tried any custom rosters?? They change the game DRASTICALLY in a good way!

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 02-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #53
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
Have you tried any custom rosters?? They change the game DRASTICALLY in a good way!

I've dabbled with them...but I won't be using current day rosters at all..

I'm definitely in the boat of "the NBA was better back in the day when I was growing up", which for me was in the late-80s/mid-90s. So, I'll be using MJWizard's awesome historical rosters for the most part.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #54
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Full disclosure....

No problem my friend. That is a good idea about starting from all star and working back to pro. Let me know how it works.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #55
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
I've dabbled with them...but I won't be using current day rosters at all..

I'm definitely in the boat of "the NBA was better back in the day when I was growing up", which for me was in the late-80s/mid-90s. So, I'll be using MJWizard's awesome historical rosters for the most part.
Same here...I don't even watch much nba now but its the sport i love and played all through school but I love 2k18, 2k17 was my least favorite since the dreamcast days, I started getting into it on like nba 2k5

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #56
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I hate posting questions that challenge a major premise of one's slider setup, but I'm just going to ask the question Brooke....this is in relation to the "6 slider approach" on your first post...not the full set (which I need to try out as well )

Just how critical is the 57 game speed from an animation standpoint in your opinion? Is 57 a "breakpoint" that you've noticed where things really change or did you set it more by feel? I ask because while about 85-90% of the time, the gameplay speed is fine, there are a fair number of moments where there is a "warp speed" animation (especially on loose balls)....I suspect it is one of 2k's "canned animations" that has gotten sped-up and it looks out-of-place...perhaps moreseo than they usually do at 50 game speed.

I'm mainly interested in reducing the movement "issues" (force fields, suction, etc)...replicating NBA game speed isn't vital for me personally. You've got the player interaction animations down really well...If you tell me that the game speed set to exactly 57 is a critical component of that, I'll try to adapt to it. Just hoping that maybe there is a middle ground that can be explored....(or perhaps your full set recently posted better addresses the issues...).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »