Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #809
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
I agree. I’ve been playing on Superstar with your sliders for a few games now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maybe only my feelings but seems that in superstar, AI is taking more 3pt shoot than in HOF.

Also, %FG is lower in superstar than in HOF.

As an example Curry 3pt stats are around 25% average for superstar against 40% for HOF (also, a little bit too low in comparison with reality) with open shoots in both cases.

all tests were done with warriors (ME) vs rockets

Can someone check this please?

many thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2018, 06:54 PM   #810
MVP

OVR: 9

I also have been playing on superstar.
The CPU's speed burst is rarely or never seen.

I seem too shoot a lower percentage but that's ok.

Please tell me how to fix or get rid of this?
https://youtu.be/sjuqCq8geqU

It happens all the time when I use your sliders. No matter how I get around the defender it's like there is a magnet keeping the ball handler from sprinting and the defender close.

Also how to fix dunks when I'm driving to the basket?

There are too many times and this is one I'm trying to dunk and a layup animation happens.

Last edited by keshunleon; 07-26-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:06 PM   #811
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
I also have been playing on superstar.
The CPU's speed burst is rarely or never seen.

I seem too shoot a lower percentage but that's ok.

Please tell me how to fix or get rid of this?
https://youtu.be/sjuqCq8geqU

It happens all the time when I use your sliders. No matter how I get around the defender it's like there is a magnet keeping the ball handler from sprinting and the defender close.

Also how to fix dunks when I'm driving to the basket?

There are too many times and this is one I'm trying to dunk and a layup animation happens.

Trailing defenders on a drive are essentially useless in this year’s game. You can set Drive Contact Shot higher to MAYBE help a little with triggering a contact animation on the Layup, but that also leads to more blow-by animations when attacking the basket.

2K19 appears to have completely revamped this aspect of defense as there are far more animations triggered by trailing defenders and they actually stick with the ballhandler instead of walking behind him

How to fix dunks - Increase the “Dunk in Traffic Frequency” slider for the USER to 50 and see if that works for you. The problem with increasing that slider is it makes guys like Lebron even more of a cheat code since they will dunk on anyone and everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
maybe only my feelings but seems that in superstar, AI is taking more 3pt shoot than in HOF.

Also, %FG is lower in superstar than in HOF.

As an example Curry 3pt stats are around 25% average for superstar against 40% for HOF (also, a little bit too low in comparison with reality) with open shoots in both cases.

all tests were done with warriors (ME) vs rockets

Can someone check this please?

many thanks in advance

User shooting % is lower? I’ll have to get back to testing! In the meantime, feel free to adjust the Shot Success sliders as you see fit.

Tendencies are still a WIP so those will be updated as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #812
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

OVR: 0

I’d love to test whatever you’re working on Ecc just let me know bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #813
MVP

OVR: 9

Eccentric, ACE off correct?
Old 08-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #814
Just started!

Thanks for this.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #815
Rookie

Crap, I just realized I did NOT download the wrong set of sliders *facepalm* so I deleted that message for nothing. Anyway, I really don’t feel like typing that whole thing over again so I’ll make it quick this time: what’s the reason for the body-up sensitivity slider being at 0? I swear I’ve seen you comment on another thread that you usually put it at 100, for the increased animations/realism. Am I mistaken? If not, why is it set at zero?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 04:44 AM   #816
Rookie

However, I just used a set titled EccentricMeat v5.0 that was shared by someone else, made a few adjustments to my personal liking, and I just had two of the best games I’ve played in months! So I don’t know if it was an older version of your slider set or what, but it worked great! It did have body-up sensitivity set to 100 though, and there was marked improvement in gameplay. Both games had at least one team break 100, which I never came close to while using your sliders as they are in the OP. Those games (12-15 of them) were ALL defensive battles with average scores of around 80 per team, with very little variation. I suspect that is in large part due to offensive consistency being set at 0. Maybe you could chime in on that, too? Because I did find that odd when I saw it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »