Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #817
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStats94
Crap, I just realized I did NOT download the wrong set of sliders *facepalm* so I deleted that message for nothing. Anyway, I really don’t feel like typing that whole thing over again so I’ll make it quick this time: what’s the reason for the body-up sensitivity slider being at 0? I swear I’ve seen you comment on another thread that you usually put it at 100, for the increased animations/realism. Am I mistaken? If not, why is it set at zero?

I believe my latest settings have it at 100. But there’s really not a ton of difference either way for some reason, 0 vs 100 gives very similar gameplay. I’d leave it at 100 as it seems to give a higher chance for charging/blocking foul animations to trigger.

Quote:
However, I just used a set titled EccentricMeat v5.0 that was shared by someone else, made a few adjustments to my personal liking, and I just had two of the best games I’ve played in months! So I don’t know if it was an older version of your slider set or what, but it worked great! It did have body-up sensitivity set to 100 though, and there was marked improvement in gameplay. Both games had at least one team break 100, which I never came close to while using your sliders as they are in the OP. Those games (12-15 of them) were ALL defensive battles with average scores of around 80 per team, with very little variation. I suspect that is in large part due to offensive consistency being set at 0. Maybe you could chime in on that, too? Because I did find that odd when I saw it.

0 Offensive Consistency I really love this year. It makes the game have a higher prevalence of hot/cold streaks, which leads to more variety game-to-game and more authentic gameplay as it reduces the amount of games that are constantly tied with minimal scoreless streaks.

It also helps to alleviate the issue with shot stick timing becoming too easy once you master your players’ release as you can still miss with a good shooter if you only slightly miss-time the release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Eccentric, ACE off correct?
I leave ACE on.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:21 AM   #818
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
0 Offensive Consistency I really love this year. It makes the game have a higher prevalence of hot/cold streaks, which leads to more variety game-to-game and more authentic gameplay as it reduces the amount of games that are constantly tied with minimal scoreless streaks.

It also helps to alleviate the issue with shot stick timing becoming too easy once you master your players’ release as you can still miss with a good shooter if you only slightly miss-time the release.
Thanks for the response! I was operating under a theory that offensive consistency determines how often a play will perform up to their ability, so essentially higher OC=more buckets. I didn’t suspect that it had much to do with streaks
Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #819
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the response! I was operating under a theory that offensive consistency determines how often a play will perform up to their ability, so essentially higher OC=more buckets. I didn’t suspect that it had much to do with streaks

You’re mostly right. High offensive consistency means shooters will shoot to their ratings with little variation (limited hot/cold streaks). Low offensive consistency means players get into hot/cold streaks more easily (instead of just consistent performance per their ratings), leading to more variety and more hot/cold runs for each team.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #820
Rookie

From my own personal experience, I just don’t understand how anyone can play with offensive consistency on 0. It seems to be the sole determining factor over whether I will score 80-90 points and shoot like 38% (slider on 0) or score 95-105 points and shoot 45% or up (slider on 50). It doesn’t seem to make anything more random, it just seems to completely nerf my team’s shooting abilities, even on layups. I’ve even switched mid-game after a high-scoring first half many times, and turned it down to 0 from 50. I’m in one of these games right now as I type this. I shot 51% in the first half (9/15 3pt), moved the OC slider down to 0, and I’m shooting 36% in the second half (2/12 3pt) midway through the 4th. I know this is just one example, but I bring it up to illustrate exactly what happens when I say that it happens every single time I try this specific test. If it changes consistency/streaks in the way you suggest, then at least some of the time the hot shooting would continue into and throughout the second half, right? So that I could score 120 every now and then? Except it never does. I’m not exaggerating either, not one single time does the good shooting continue into the second half. These reasons are why I strongly question that the slider determines how quickly/slowly players get hot/cold streaks. I mean maybe it has an effect on that as well, I don’t know. I have not tested that aspect of it. It does for sure lower a player’s reliability though, it just doesn’t seem to do that in the way intended.

Also, you said that you had body-up sensitivity at 100, but it is at zero on the first page of this thread in bold red. Last time I downloaded your set on the PS4 it was also at zero there.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #821
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
From my own personal experience, I just don’t understand how anyone can play with offensive consistency on 0. It seems to be the sole determining factor over whether I will score 80-90 points and shoot like 38% (slider on 0) or score 95-105 points and shoot 45% or up (slider on 50). It doesn’t seem to make anything more random, it just seems to completely nerf my team’s shooting abilities, even on layups. I’ve even switched mid-game after a high-scoring first half many times, and turned it down to 0 from 50. I’m in one of these games right now as I type this. I shot 51% in the first half (9/15 3pt), moved the OC slider down to 0, and I’m shooting 36% in the second half (2/12 3pt) midway through the 4th. I know this is just one example, but I bring it up to illustrate exactly what happens when I say that it happens every single time I try this specific test. If it changes consistency/streaks in the way you suggest, then at least some of the time the hot shooting would continue into and throughout the second half, right? So that I could score 120 every now and then? Except it never does. I’m not exaggerating either, not one single time does the good shooting continue into the second half. These reasons are why I strongly question that the slider determines how quickly/slowly players get hot/cold streaks. I mean maybe it has an effect on that as well, I don’t know. I have not tested that aspect of it. It does for sure lower a player’s reliability though, it just doesn’t seem to do that in the way intended.

Also, you said that you had body-up sensitivity at 100, but it is at zero on the first page of this thread in bold red. Last time I downloaded your set on the PS4 it was also at zero there.

Do you play with real player % or user timing? I never have a problem with constantly shooting a low percentage or having a low scoring game every time with Off. Consistency set to 0, but I use User Timing.

And yea, the OP is my latest “official” set but it is outdated. I posted some new BETA sliders a number of pages back that play much better IMO.

When I get back to my laptop I’ll update the OP with those BETA sliders. My bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #822
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

*BETA* (and FINAL) Update Posted!

2K18... It's been real. It's been fun... But it hasn't been real fun. Sorry, but I see this newer, younger model on the horizon (2K19), and I'm just not that into you anymore, baby... I'll tell you what, let's give it one last go around, for old time's sake. Yea? Alright, but stop crying, that totally takes me out of it...

But in all seriousness, this BETA update will be the last thing I do with 2K18. 2K19 is just around the corner, and after seeing the new hotness, I just can't go back to the old-and-busted. Can you blame me?

I present to you:

Base Slider Set v6.0 *BETA* - Latest Update: August 11th

Spoiler
Old 08-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #823
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
*BETA* (and FINAL) Update Posted!

2K18... It's been real. It's been fun... But it hasn't been real fun. Sorry, but I see this newer, younger model on the horizon (2K19), and I'm just not that into you anymore, baby... I'll tell you what, let's give it one last go around, for old time's sake. Yea? Alright, but stop crying, that totally takes me out of it...

But in all seriousness, this BETA update will be the last thing I do with 2K18. 2K19 is just around the corner, and after seeing the new hotness, I just can't go back to the old-and-busted. Can you blame me?

I present to you:

Base Slider Set v6.0 *BETA* - Latest Update: August 11th

Spoiler
Hello EccentricMeat, I had read in previous posts that you did not know whether to buy nba2k19, I understood that now you will buy 19, what made you change your mind? is it worth it to you to go with nba2k19? ........ to be premised that I play with the simworld rosters and I'm still having fun

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #824
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
Hello EccentricMeat, I had read in previous posts that you did not know whether to buy nba2k19, I understood that now you will buy 19, what made you change your mind? is it worth it to you to go with nba2k19? ........ to be premised that I play with the simworld rosters and I'm still having fun

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

A mix of boredom with 2K18 and apathy of the league in general (after Cousins signed with the Warriors) made me question whether I would even buy 2K19.

Then I saw the gameplay improvements 2K added this year + all of the HUGE improvements and customization options added to MyLEAGUE and I was sold.

Only problem is I also love playing Madden and FIFA, as well as all the other games I’ll be getting this fall (Spyro, Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield V, and FALLOUT 76!!!!) and the fact that me and my buddies play Fortnite and PUBG on a regular basis, it’s gonna be a crazy few months coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »