Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2016, 06:24 PM   #17
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yeah I hear ya. I've seen some sporadic differences but I think over the course of 20+ games the numbers should average out.

My issue is that I play with player lock so I'm wondering if I should set your sliders to the same numbers for user and cpu cause I only use one player to play the games.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, I would assume that's how it would work, but I've never tested it with player lock so I can't say for sure.

Also, despite the sporadic tendencies of the CPU, their shooting does balance out over the course of a full game and over multiple games.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 09-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #18
Just started!

First game I played with these sliders. I was the Raptors going against the Pacers. The game went into double ot. (Was leading by 10 with 2 mins left until Kyle Lowry bricked 4 straight open 3's and Paul George sunk at least 3 contested 3's including one from insane distance banking it in.(2k cheese)
Final Score
Raptors 142
Pacers 149
Pacers 54/104 (52%) field goals 18/30 (60%) from 3 point range
Me 55/106 (52%) field goals 13/39 (33%) from 3 point range
This was insane- Paul George 47 points 19/34 field goals and 9/14 3 point (was 8/10 going into ot)
Final impressions, the game feels immensely better playing with these sliders (except for maybe the high 3 point percentage from Paul George *screw you Paul George* and the obvious 2k cheese.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #19
Rookie

I'm liking this sliders, feels good !

You really need to watch this for some of you, who have gaps & can't defend properly this year, that's fixing some issue on defense on 2K17, go check it out : Sam Pham on Youtube latest video defense part 3

Defense goes with sliders two main companents
Old 09-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #20
Pro

Tried these, but the cpu never attacked the hoop on a fast break.

They, literally, pulled up for three on every fast break opportunity.

Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #21
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeckman17
First game I played with these sliders. I was the Raptors going against the Pacers. The game went into double ot. (Was leading by 10 with 2 mins left until Kyle Lowry bricked 4 straight open 3's and Paul George sunk at least 3 contested 3's including one from insane distance banking it in.(2k cheese)
Final Score
Raptors 142
Pacers 149
Pacers 54/104 (52%) field goals 18/30 (60%) from 3 point range
Me 55/106 (52%) field goals 13/39 (33%) from 3 point range
This was insane- Paul George 47 points 19/34 field goals and 9/14 3 point (was 8/10 going into ot)
Final impressions, the game feels immensely better playing with these sliders (except for maybe the high 3 point percentage from Paul George *screw you Paul George* and the obvious 2k cheese.
Wow. Paul George went off! Sounds like a great game though, glad you are enjoying the sliders. Let me know if shooting percentages stay high or if they balance out over multiple games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imotepe
I'm liking this sliders, feels good !

You really need to watch this for some of you, who have gaps & can't defend properly this year, that's fixing some issue on defense on 2K17, go check it out : Sam Pham on Youtube latest video defense part 3

Defense goes with sliders two main companents
Thanks! ALWAYS make sure you use defensive adjustments, they are hugely important to stopping the CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Tried these, but the cpu never attacked the hoop on a fast break.

They, literally, pulled up for three on every fast break opportunity.

Any ideas?
Its difficult, because you can raise attack the basket tendency, but that can lead to problems in the half court. Best thing would prob be to lower pull-up shot tendencies in player ratings. Ill see what I can do with the sliders though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #22
Pro

Game felt good up until the 3rd quarter. Then It became obvious how the game handles difficulty since it cant do it with inflated contested shot percentages. I couldn't guard anyone. 5 minutes into the 3rd i was down 18 and never recovered. I honestly stopped trying when LBJ started beating me with pull up and pull up transition 3's. That was the moment i knew there was no way i could win this game. It was the 3 ball. Shooting 57 percent from 3 is rare. It's happening to much from the CPU, not just this game. I might have to lower it to 40-45. I played bad though. And honestly the rockets were too over matched so i knew the lost was ahead.

Last edited by Dione2014; 09-25-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #23
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Game felt good up until the 3rd quarter. Then It became obvious how the game handles difficulty since it cant do it with inflated contested shot percentages. I couldn't guard anyone. 5 minutes into the 3rd i was down 18 and never recovered. I honestly stopped trying when LBJ started beating me with pull up and pull up transition 3's. That was the moment i knew there was no way i could win this game. It was the 3 ball. Shooting 57 percent from 3 is rare. It's happening to much from the CPU, not just this game. I might have to lower it to 40-45. I played bad though. And honestly the rockets were too over matched so i knew the lost was ahead.
CPU shooting percentages are still one of my main focuses, but their 3pt shooting hasn't been an issue for me. Their close-midrange shots have been driving up their FG% in my experience, not their 3pt shooting, which has remained around 32-40% most of the time. I dropped CPU close and mid to 48 but haven't tested enough to know if that has fixed the issue enough.

CPU transition 3s are still an issue but I think player editing will be the best solution for that. TBH, the Rockets losing to the Cavs by 30 might be realistic this year! But I agree the CPU can get too hot at times. Hopefully having Off consistency lower can make them less potent all the time. If the CPU keeps shooting like that from deep, should lower it to 47 and go from there.

Lastly, Ive been working on turnovers and I have made some progress, but its not quite there yet. Went from too many TOs to not enough, so I've gotta find an in-between. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 09-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #24
Rookie

Hey dude, appreciate your work on these sliders, I used them last year and so far it seems good in this year too.

What do you think after the patch? For me it felt a little strange, but maybe it's just me.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én HUAWEI VNS-L21 eszközömről

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »