Home

Armor & Swords NBA 2K16 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT%/Regular Joe Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords NBA 2K16 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT%/Regular Joe Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #17
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Armor & Swords NBA 2K16 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT%/Regular Joe Sliders

Much better than default sliders as I was getting quite frustrated with the CPU getting every offensive rebound and making passes quick and on point.

A couple observations. The CPU will still get easy baskets under the basket a handful of times a game. It's as if my guys on defense don't see or react in time.

I'm seeing some really unrealistic errant passes being thrown on both teams from time to time.

Other than that, they seem very good. Obviously I have to run set plays or I can't seem to get in a rhythm offensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 05:09 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Well hello 2K "Regular Joe" nation!!! I am back despite thinking I would not be for this years iteration of 2K basketball. And man I am so glad I re-thought my decision to stay with 2K15 (which was a heck of a game in it's own right) and take the plunge with 2K16. It is indeed an amazing game. In fact I think it has tremendous potential to be looked back as the gold standard for console basketball gaming if things play out like they should (no game changing patches to dumb the game down or make shooting too easy like last years game). So many little and big improvements to the overall package. I don't really need to get into all that. So let's talk about what this sldier set is about!

If your a seasoned bad *** 2K b-ball veteran....stop reading now. This is not your slider set. If you are a gamer who loves the NBA, loves playing NBA basketball games and wants a really fun, simulation style game but is not nearly as skilled on the sticks, really runs a lot of set plays mixed in with freelancing and improvising, game-plans for each opponent but at the end of the day does not have the time needed to invest into practicing all the dozens of controls and moves you can pull off, but you have a general understanding of post moves, iso moves and dribble moves then give these sliders a test run. I make no claims in being a basketball expert. I love the game, have a very solid foundation of how to play the game and I am also a monster Heat fan (established 1988 yeah I am an original season ticket holder and still have my two seats which I split with my father and brother to this day). However I am not a guy who can flick the sticks like so many hardcore 2K players here on the forum. But I know my calling. I look to create sliders for typically guys who are in their 30's and up who just love playing sports video games, having fun and getting realistic stat's and how you "see it on TV" results. If you fit this "Regular Joe" profile then I have a feeling this slider set will be a great foundation for you to build from and tweak to your personal playing style.

10/2/15 - So let's get right into this. I have version 1.0 ready to share with you but keep in mind this is a "work in progress". I will also update the OP with my personal MyLeague settings once I get that going. So stay tuned for those as well. I do not employ 30 team control. However I do control and approve all trades. That is it.

Area's I am focusing on:

Player speed and explosiveness - without compromising the great defense on 2K16 but at the same time finding that sweet spot for us "lesser skilled 2K players".

Rebounds - Offensive and defensive

Blocks - Blocks are amazing this year and the animations are just gorgeous. However I think it is far too easy for me to swat shots on the CPU and vice a versa. We are tweaking that.

Fatigue - working on finding that sweet spot for 12 minute quarters

Game Speed - Working on seeing if slowing the game down helps a little

CPU post play - making sure they dump it in to the big men especially those that are elite big men and post players

Shot percentages - of course

Fouls - of course

Version 1.0 10/2/15

Controller Settings

Defensive Assist Strength - 100
Boxout Assist Strength - 100
Automatic Shot Contest - Always

Gameplay Settings

Gameplay Difficulty: Pro
Quarter Length: 12 min
Game Speed: 48
Free Throw Difficulty: 50
Shooting Type - Real FG%
FT Shooting Type - Real FT%
Shot Meter - Off
Shot Feedback - Off

User/CPU (if one number it is the same for both)

Offense
Inside Shot Success: 43/40
Close Shot Success: 45/40
Mid-Range Success: 45/40
3PT Success: 49/47
Layup Success: 50
Dunk In Traffic Frequency: 45
Dunk In Traffic Success: 55
Pass Accuracy: 45
Alley-Oop Success: 50
Contact Shot Success: 48/46

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 85
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff): 54
Layup Defense Strength (Release): 53
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather): 60
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release): 60
Help Defense Strength: 55/48
Steal Success: 50/45

Attribute
Acceleration: 65/60
Vertical: 50
Strength: 50
Stamina: 48
Speed: 65/55
Durability: 50
Hustle: 50
Ball Handling: 47/45
Hands: 50/45
Dunking Ability: 50/45
On-ball Defense: 50/43
Stealing: 50/45
Blocking: 35
Offensive Awareness: 55/50
Defensive Awareness: 65/50
Offensive Rebounding: 55/40
Defensive Rebounding: 55/45
Offensive Consistency: 55/48
Defensive Consistency: 55/45
Fatigue Rate: 50
Lateral Quickness: 60/40

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots: 50/52
Take Close Shots: 50
Take Mid-Range Shots: 50/55
Take 3PT Shots: 50/57
Post Shots: 50/60
Attack the Basket: 50/45
Look for Post Players: 50/65
Throw Alley-Oops: 50
Attempt Dunks: 50
Attacked Putbacks: 50/47
Play Passing Lanes: 50/45
Go for On-Ball Steals: 50
Contest Shots: 50
Backdoor Cuts: 50

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency: 75
Charging Foul Frequency: 70
Blocking Foul Frequency: 75
Reaching Foul Frequency: 70
Shooting Foul Frequency: 80/85
Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 80
these setting work also in mycareer ?
Old 10-03-2015, 05:30 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

I think this game is great, but there are a few significant issues that need a patch ASAP for me to really enjoy it.

1. CPU Defense is way to sticky and overpowered. I understand the importance of running good offense and plays, but I feel helpless as a ball handler as the dribble drives (and even basic dribbling around the court) are extremely ineffective and INCONSISTENT. I literally feel like I am getting sucked directly into a "bumping or riding" animation 9/10 times I move around a defender.
- In addition, and probably directly related, I would like to see more "explosion" and remove the "hesitation/hitch" seen consistently when playing with offensive players (no matter how great they are, Curry, Westbrook, Lebron, Rose, are all effected). As mentioned, this is probably a byproduct of the game wanting to play more defensive minded, but it should not come at the expense of limiting the integrity of offensive movement).

2. Players being left wide open under the basket. Many times big men (playing defense) let their man stand between them and the basket for an easy pass and layup.

3. CPU teammates transition defense- this has been a legacy issue for 2K, but it is currently not working well at all.

4. To piggy back on transition defense challenges, the AI seems to have a very difficult time figuring out who to pick up and guard in the half court. As a user, when I get back on defense, my "player guarding" indicator seems to move all over and many times we are left with two people guarding the same player, and someone left wide open. (This could be the root cause of issue in bullet point 2 as well)

5. Offensive sets- All of the new freelance and plays are PHENOMENAL, best part of the game IMO, but they seem to setup and develop at a very slow pace, leaving you with very few options over the course of the offensive possesion. (Compounded by the fact it is challenging to move around the floor and perform dribble drives without being sucked into defensive animations).
- I would like to see CZAR speed up these offensive sets, and also make the launch points a bit more forgiving. (Sometimes I will be standing in an area and the play (freelance) will not trigger.

6. Fatigue- It is currently almost non-existant and broken. (Developers have achknowledged this)

This list may seem extensive, but for ALL they added, and how great this game is, there were a few bugs that were bound to happen. If they can clean these gameplay issues up, this will undoutedly be the greatest sports game I have ever played, and I have been an avid sports gamer since the early 90's.

Last edited by ch46647; 10-03-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #20
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10

I just wanted you to know I've broken my promise to my beautiful wife, I saw your sliders and had to get this game! You have a lot to answer for Mr A & S! MLB, Madden and now NBA!

BIG thanks for your hard work as always from across the pond!

Last edited by ukslamjam; 10-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I think this game is great, but there are a few significant issues that need a patch ASAP for me to really enjoy it.

1. CPU Defense is way to sticky and overpowered. I understand the importance of running good offense and plays, but I feel helpless as a ball handler as the dribble drives (and even basic dribbling around the court) are extremely ineffective and INCONSISTENT. I literally feel like I am getting sucked directly into a "bumping or riding" animation 9/10 times I move around a defender.
- In addition, and probably directly related, I would like to see more "explosion" and remove the "hesitation/hitch" seen consistently when playing with offensive players (no matter how great they are, Curry, Westbrook, Lebron, Rose, are all effected). As mentioned, this is probably a byproduct of the game wanting to play more defensive minded, but it should not come at the expense of limiting the integrity of offensive movement).

2. Players being left wide open under the basket. Many times big men (playing defense) let their man stand between them and the basket for an easy pass and layup.

3. CPU teammates transition defense- this has been a legacy issue for 2K, but it is currently not working well at all.

4. To piggy back on transition defense challenges, the AI seems to have a very difficult time figuring out who to pick up and guard in the half court. As a user, when I get back on defense, my "player guarding" indicator seems to move all over and many times we are left with two people guarding the same player, and someone left wide open. (This could be the root cause of issue in bullet point 2 as well)

5. Offensive sets- All of the new freelance and plays are PHENOMENAL, best part of the game IMO, but they seem to setup and develop at a very slow pace, leaving you with very few options over the course of the offensive possesion. (Compounded by the fact it is challenging to move around the floor and perform dribble drives without being sucked into defensive animations).
- I would like to see CZAR speed up these offensive sets, and also make the launch points a bit more forgiving. (Sometimes I will be standing in an area and the play (freelance) will not trigger.

6. Fatigue- It is currently almost non-existant and broken. (Developers have achknowledged this)

This list may seem extensive, but for ALL they added, and how great this game is, there were a few bugs that were bound to happen. If they can clean these gameplay issues up, this will undoutedly be the greatest sports game I have ever played, and I have been an avid sports gamer since the early 90's.

I might fall in love with you haha. Everything you said was all the issues I have with a amazing game, but trying to play sim and run plays needs to speed up. I get too many SC violations trying to run the set

Number 2 and 4 are my biggest beef with the game because those points start CPU runs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Some tweaks have already been made (+/-) indicates changes from previous version on the OP.

Really trying to get this game a little looser on offense and the ability to run sets without getting the shot clock to 2 or 1 or violations.......I am working hard to practice and get better at getting my play call set up from the moment I rebound.

I am finding free flow offense to be awesome and using that more in combination with full set's......gotta mix it up. Pick and roll, motion etc. It just seems that plays take a little too long to develop here out of the box.

Hope that get's patched as it is important!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #23
Banned

Amen to that. The concept of the free style offense has potential to be one of the greatest things that we have seen in sports. The offensive flow for the human is not the same as it is for the computer as their offensive sets run a lot smoother where ours have to take up too much time to get any flow which then turns into you playing run and gun just trying to compete.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #24
Just started!

I'm definitely going to try these today. I'll post the post game team comparison once I'm done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »