Home

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #401
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Might as well save these sliders as a base for NBA 2k17 which drops in 18 or 19 days. It's a little late for 2K16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #402
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Lmao bro you DO realize we have 18 days until you're gonna have to restart this entire cycle?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what i'm saying. It's a bit too late for 2K16
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 PM   #403
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Lmao bro you DO realize we have 18 days until you're gonna have to restart this entire cycle?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It never ends anyway. My body is ready.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll continue to upload sliders for the Xbox side for 17.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:22 PM   #405
Rookie

Love the effort you put forth, but I've never had a realistic experience playing with your sliders. I'm pretty pissed off right now after my last game, so any harshness is just from watching Kyrie Irving destroy my squad on both ends of the floor. Maybe i'm not good enough, in a vain attempt to try and play realistically, I don't cheese by mashing the steal button, or keep tapping the dribble stick until the defender stumbles, etc. I run plays, look to find the open man, and try to take advantage of mismatches. Normally, it's difficult but doable. With these game settings, it's laughable. Replay after replay of CPU players going into warp speed...more so than usual.

Thought I'd give it one last go before 2k17, and was just obliterated by the Cavs. They shot 58%, while my +KD Warriors hit an abysmal 34% from the field. Warriors 5/27 from three, Cavs 9/16. Cavs also only had 4 turnovers all game. Kyrie Irving is the greatest perimeter defender of all-time via these sliders, to the point that it's comical.

Just my two cents. If you have PS4, maybe out of the sheer kindness of your heart, you can add me and watch me play incorrectly. Or, better yet, I'd LOVE to watch you play against the CPU with these sliders! my PSN is "ashd2483." Anywho, thanks for the sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 11:11 AM   #406
Pro

Looks like the guys over at 2k really showed the slider guys like us some love this year.

Words of Mike Wang himself,

'We spent a lot of time converting our “under the hood tunables” into sliders, which now form the basis of our difficulty levels. What that means to the end user is that you now have much more control over how to customize the game through your own personal slider sets. You can see exactly what bumps we give the CPU and USER as you move through the different preset difficulty levels and then cater the sliders into your own Custom set to perfectly fit your preference for the game. As part of this exercise, we also greatly flattened out the boosts that the CPU was getting on Hall of Fame difficulty and have put more of a focus on making the game tougher through making the AI more intelligent in its decision making."

Source: http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/nb...g-mike-wang/3/

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/nb...g-mike-wang/1/
Old 09-07-2016, 04:04 AM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It never ends anyway. My body is ready.
Hey, two questions:

Is this a final set now?

Do you find the CPU shoot enough 3's?

Cheers
Old 09-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #408
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazz1
Hey, two questions:

Is this a final set now?

Do you find the CPU shoot enough 3's?

Cheers
It's not in it's final form, but I doubt I'll ever get that update put out. I've been playing the Battlefield 1 BETA during all of my free-time this week, and when that's done tomorrow, there will be only a week before 2k17 comes out. Even if I do come up with sliders I'm fully happy with, that would only give a few days before 2k17's release at best, and I doubt anyone will still be playing 2k16 at that point (let alone after 2k17 comes out).

At this point it just seems like wasted effort to try to put out an update. I still play the game but TBH I'm getting more and more frustrated instead of enjoying my time. With the vast improvements 2k17 is promising PLUS the added slider "tweakability" the game will bring, I think I'll just hang this game up and start fresh on 2k17 before I burn myself out on testing.

Sorry guys, but hey if there's enough demand for an update I'll give it my best effort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »