Home

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #17
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
CPU vs. CPU - I "played" (watched") about 10 games now and the main problem is the inside game and more then 60% of the shots are taken under the basket with 70% success rate.

I have the beginning of a slider set that seems to work MUCH better CPU vs. CPU. Should I put this in a new thread as a beginning?

I can't say it will match real life NBA numbers but it's getting closer to a fair game.
If you do make a new thread a link would be much appreciated.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #18
Rookie

Hey guys. I am new to OS but have been doing realistic sliders for 2k since 2k6. I love playing full regulation games that are determined by runs and good defense. Maybe we could all come up with something together. To touch on the fouls a bit. They have always sucked in 2k. I have found that my settings for fouls have worked for 12 min sim style play since 2k14. Try these out with proper sim sliders on 12 mins and tell me how it turns out.

Over the Back 75
Charging 100
Blocking 72
Reaching 65
Shooting 70
Loose Ball 76

These work pretty well for both CPU vs CPU and USER vs CPU. Tweak to your liking.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #19
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I made a thread for the other 2 people that do "Coach Mode Lite".

CPU vs. CPU. Coach Mode Lite

It's not all encompassing but it makes CPU vs. CPU watchable at least. If you notice CPU vs. CPU you had sometimes 70% of the shots from inside with BIG scores. I got them a little more accurate and will slowly work on the other aspects (with help I hope as I'm no expert).

TY
Old 09-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Make sure to use teams to watch that are not offensively or defensively challenged as opposed to the lower leveled teams. I myself am using a combination between 6 teams. Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, Clippers, Bulls, and OKC. You will get the best results from these teams who have higher tendencies to shoot outside shots and more aggressive scorers and defenders. Watching Warriors V Bulls now. Everything looks good so far. Will update with tendencies afterwards.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Your sliders look pretty good. Sort of like mine are set up. I also enjoy the Sim style or Coach mode style. I have some sliders you should really try out. I spend countless hours trying to get these things perfect ( which is impossible. ) But worth a try.

Difficulty HOF ( Usually works well on Superstar also )
12 Mins
Real Player %
Real Player FT %
Game speed 47
FT Difficulty 100

Inside Shot Success 43
Close shot Success 44
Mid Range Success 48
3PT Success 44
Layup Success 48
Dunk In Traffck Freq 47
Dunk in Traffck Sccss 40
Pass Accuracy 48
Alley oop Success 37
Contact Shot success 39

I know the numbers are a bit higher than most sliders on the offensive end. But this is only for the false sense of freedom of scoring. The defensive and sliders really impact the offensive sliders drastically making the gameplay pretty authentic.

Driving contact shot freq 90
Inside contact shot freq 95
Layup defense take off 80
Layup Defense release 75
Jump shot Def Gather 82
Jump shot Def release 69
Help Def Strength 25 ( Any higher and all you will see is pick and roll conversions because they will over play every screen. )
Steal Success 30 ( The game steals at a high rate already on 50

Acceleration 60
Verticle 45
Strength 51
Stamina 47
Speed 51
Durability 48
Hustle 78
Ball handling 48
Hands 46
Dunk ability 49
On Ball D 75 ( Tried 85 and seemed too clingy. Spacing is a lot better between ball handler and defender. )
Stealing 25
Blocking 52 ( Much improved blocking dynamics over 2k15 allows for a much lower attribute. I had set to 72 on 2k15 to allow for same block numbers.
Off Awareness 50
Def Awareness 70 ( even on 70, the offense is plenty smart and tricky enough to still score relentlessly while on runs. )
Off Reb 0
Def Reb 0 ( 2k's rebounding needs to be on 0 for more accurate numbers. Also players actual rebounding ratings will allow them to have a better chance at being themselves on the boards without the default 50 where everyone even a 5'3 guy has a chance among trees to grab. ) Keep at 0.
Off Consistency 39
Def Consistency 60
Fatigue 54
Lat Quickness 50

Tendencies

Take inside shot 100
Take close 100
Take Mid 100
Take 3 100
Post Shot 100
Attack Bask 100
Look for post 100
Throw OOp 47
Attempt Dunk 50
Attempt Putback 65
Play pass lanes 100
Go for on Ball 25
Contest Shots 65
Backdoor cuts 32

Fouls

Over the back 75
Charge 100
Block 72
Reach 65
Shooting Foul 70
Loose ball 76
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #22
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkelly08
Your sliders look pretty good. Sort of like mine are set up. I also enjoy the Sim style or Coach mode style. I have some sliders you should really try out. I spend countless hours trying to get these things perfect ( which is impossible. ) But worth a try.

Difficulty HOF ( Usually works well on Superstar also )

12 Mins

Real Player %

Real Player FT %

Game speed 47

FT Difficulty 100

Inside Shot Success 43

Close shot Success 44

Mid Range Success 48

3PT Success 44

Layup Success 48

Dunk In Traffck Freq 47

Dunk in Traffck Sccss 40

Pass Accuracy 48

Alley oop Success 37

Contact Shot success 39

I know the numbers are a bit higher than most sliders on the offensive end. But this is only for the false sense of freedom of scoring. The defensive and sliders really impact the offensive sliders drastically making the gameplay pretty authentic.

Driving contact shot freq 90

Inside contact shot freq 95

Layup defense take off 80

Layup Defense release 75

Jump shot Def Gather 82

Jump shot Def release 69

Help Def Strength 25 ( Any higher and all you will see is pick and roll conversions because they will over play every screen. )

Steal Success 30 ( The game steals at a high rate already on 50

Acceleration 60

Verticle 45

Strength 51

Stamina 47

Speed 51

Durability 48

Hustle 78

Ball handling 48

Hands 46

Dunk ability 49

On Ball D 75 ( Tried 85 and seemed too clingy. Spacing is a lot better between ball handler and defender. )

Stealing 25

Blocking 52 ( Much improved blocking dynamics over 2k15 allows for a much lower attribute. I had set to 72 on 2k15 to allow for same block numbers.

Off Awareness 50

Def Awareness 70 ( even on 70, the offense is plenty smart and tricky enough to still score relentlessly while on runs. )

Off Reb 0

Def Reb 0 ( 2k's rebounding needs to be on 0 for more accurate numbers. Also players actual rebounding ratings will allow them to have a better chance at being themselves on the boards without the default 50 where everyone even a 5'3 guy has a chance among trees to grab. ) Keep at 0.

Off Consistency 39

Def Consistency 60

Fatigue 54

Lat Quickness 50

Tendencies

Take inside shot 100

Take close 100

Take Mid 100

Take 3 100

Post Shot 100

Attack Bask 100

Look for post 100

Throw OOp 47

Attempt Dunk 50

Attempt Putback 65

Play pass lanes 100

Go for on Ball 25

Contest Shots 65

Backdoor cuts 32

Fouls

Over the back 75

Charge 100

Block 72

Reach 65

Shooting Foul 70

Loose ball 76

You should prolly make your own threads.... Maybe... Don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 09-29-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:48 AM   #23
Banned

Right now during simulations I'm seeing scoring being generally between 7-9+ PPG above the norm...issue isn't fg%, or 3pt %, mostly just in number of shots and everything is in line...biggest issue is by looking at attempts per game...the pace is too quick. Teams are avg in the 50s RPG, which directly correlates with people shooting more, and quicker in the shot clock. Anyway to fix this? Or should I just lower mins per game to 11-10?

Last edited by 2kCharles; 09-30-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:02 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCharles
Right now during simulations I'm seeing scoring being generally between 7-9+ PPG above the norm...issue isn't fg%, or 3pt %, mostly just in number of shots and everything is in line...biggest issue is by looking at attempts per game...the pace is too quick. Teams are avg in the 50s RPG, which directly correlates with people shooting more, and quicker in the shot clock. Anyway to fix this? Or should I just lower mins per game to 11-10?
Could it also be that there aren't enough turnovers? (bad passes out of bounds, offensive fouls etc.) They result in no score and no shot attempt which could help fix problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »