Home

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #41
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
How are the contracts in MyLeague with the cap at 70 and inflation at 75?
I'll do a few quick simmed seasons and post up results for CAP and salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrouse
Game 2
I played for Bucks.
Attachment 114824
It was an easy victory again.

Antetokounmpo was players of thе game
CPU Tendencies:
Attempt Dunk - 100 WORKS!!!!!
CPU often want to do dunk in paint!(It is real)
I will continue to test sliders.
Your player stats look great from both games. Seems like Offensive Rebounds, Blocks, and PiP need to be toned down for the USER so I'll make some tweaks real quick.

Thanks for the feedback man, it really helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 03:00 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play MyGM using player lock. Anything I should change with your sliders playing this way? I played one game with them and felt that all my teammates were missing shots where as the AI wouldn't miss. Put it down to All-Star and it felt more even.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:20 AM   #43
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
How are the contracts in MyLeague with the cap at 70 and inflation at 75?
Alright I simmed through a few seasons and here's what I found:

The salary cap jumps from $70m to $90m after the first season (as is projected IRL), and then increases with about a $1.5m bump every year after that. Max contracts reflect this change, so once the salary cap skyrockets, you'll see guys like Lebron, CP3, Curry, etc. all earning nearly $30m a year when they sign new contracts. While this number seems huge, it's actually what is projected to happen in the real NBA, so everything looks spot on from my perspective.

Mid-range talents and young stars don't see quite the massive hike in pay. Greg Monroe signed a new contract for $13m a year after the cap spike. Derozan went for $25m. D-Wade signed on for $18m. You'll still see plenty of guys taking reasonable amounts of money instead of demanding max pay. To lower the asking price a little in your favor, decrease the "Contract Negotiation Difficulty" setting until you can get a favorable response from your desired salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingyouguy
I play MyGM using player lock. Anything I should change with your sliders playing this way? I played one game with them and felt that all my teammates were missing shots where as the AI wouldn't miss. Put it down to All-Star and it felt more even.
I never play with player lock and I don't think it's possible to hit a sweet spot when it pertains to shooting percentage. In order for your AI teammates to shoot a more realistic percentage you have to increase the USER shot success sliders, but then the player you control will have a much higher shooting percentage. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.

The only solution would be to increase the USER shot success sliders (probably just mirror the CPU shooting sliders, or going one tick above to account for Superstar attribute bonuses for the CPU). Once you've found the settings that work best for you, edit the player(s) that you like to control with Player Lock and lower their shooting attributes to counteract the slider boosts.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:43 AM   #44
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

MINOR UPDATE TO SLIDERS AND MAJOR UPDATE TO MYLEAGUE SETTINGS POSTED!

For gameplay, all I did was change Drive Contact Shot Frequency from 0 to 100. At 0 the movement was slightly smoother in the paint, but points were too easy to come by. Now you will meet some tough defense down low. Basketball isn't always pretty, ya know!

MyLEAGUE settings have been substantially tweaked and have moved from ALPHA to BETA status. Some small tweaks may be needed in the future, but right now I'm very pleased with how these settings play out.

Further gameplay slider updates will be coming tomorrow. If you've used these sliders PLEASE leave feedback, as it really speeds up the testing process!

Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:13 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I never play with player lock and I don't think it's possible to hit a sweet spot when it pertains to shooting percentage. In order for your AI teammates to shoot a more realistic percentage you have to increase the USER shot success sliders, but then the player you control will have a much higher shooting percentage. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.

The only solution would be to increase the USER shot success sliders (probably just mirror the CPU shooting sliders, or going one tick above to account for Superstar attribute bonuses for the CPU). Once you've found the settings that work best for you, edit the player(s) that you like to control with Player Lock and lower their shooting attributes to counteract the slider boosts.
Would equalizing some of the sliders, like you suggested, plus having real player % on shooting work? Would that stop me from scoring too much as my controlled player?

Also, I assume tendencies and attributes (should these get an uptick?) should be similar to CPU as well?

Last edited by killingyouguy; 01-29-2016 at 05:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #46
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingyouguy
Would equalizing some of the sliders, like you suggested, plus having real player % on shooting work? Would that stop me from scoring too much as my controlled player?

Also, I assume tendencies and attributes (should these get an uptick?) should be similar to CPU as well?
Attributes shouldn't need any changing, but there would be absolutely no harm in mirroring the CPU tendencies to the USER so definitely give that a try!

As far as Real Player % goes I have no idea. I haven't used that setting in years as it saps all the life and fun out of the offensive game, IMO. I would check out the Shot Success sliders for one of the slider sets that uses Real Player % (I think most of them do!). There shouldn't be a problem with copying those over onto my slider set, though a few minor tweaks to the shooting sliders may be needed.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #47
Rookie

Nevrouse's Arena

Game 3
I played for Thunder.
Temp of the game was quick.
12644669_975310549214811_3264555285217093659_n.jpg
GSW did 18 3poin't attempts in my game.But in real game they usually do 25-30 3point's attempts.

I missed so many shots by Westbrook and Durant.

Curry did 20 assists
Thompson did 1 3point attempt
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Your player stats look great from both games. Seems like Offensive Rebounds, Blocks, and PiP need to be toned down for the USER so I'll make some tweaks real quick.

Thanks for the feedback man, it really helps!
In all my games I did more than the computer:
Offensive rebounds
blocks
3 point attempted
I think about changing sliders:
Blocking – 55/60
Offensive Rebounding - 60/55
Take 3Pt Shots - 100
I dont know how to tone down PIP.(May be if I change the style of the game and improve my deffense it wiil help)I hope
I will try next game Shooting Type - Real Player %(I'm use to do in)

Last edited by Nevrouse; 01-29-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #48
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrouse
Game 3
I played for Thunder.
Temp of the game was quick.
Attachment 114880
GSW did 18 3poin't attempts in my game.But in real game they usually do 25-30 3point's attempts.

I missed so many shots by Westbrook and Durant.

Curry did 20 assists
Thompson did 1 3point attempt

In all my games I did more than the computer:
Offensive rebounds
blocks
3 point attempted
I think about changing sliders:
Blocking – 55/60
Offensive Rebounding - 60/55
Take 3Pt Shots - 100
I dont know how to tone down PIP.(May be if I change the style of the game and improve my deffense it wiil help)I hope
I will try next game Shooting Type - Real Player %(I'm use to do in)
Did you make the tweak I posted last night to the Drive Contact Shot Frequency? Set that to 100 instead of 0 and see what that does for you. As for the 3pt shots I'm confused, because when I play against the Warriors they average almost 7 3pt attempts per quarter!

EDIT: Revert all of the tweaks you made (Like the Attempt Dunks tendency) back to what I have set in the OP. Set USER and CPU block to 55. Set USER and CPU Defensive Rebounding to 48. Let me know how these tweaks work for you! But you HAVE to keep the Tendency sliders set to what I have them in the OP, otherwise the whole balance will be off. Tendencies are always fickle in these games.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 01-29-2016 at 11:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »