Home

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Defensive centers running directly under the opposing goal on defense leaving a wide open layup. CPU holding the ball on fastbreak. Guys not knowing they have a foot on the line in catch and shoot 3 situations. Some iffy late game play calling from the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 11:38 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to agree with the above post. Only issue I'm seeing is questionable decision making by the cpu on offense. Sometimes pg just stands behind the 3 point line waiting until the shock clock goes down and takes a wild shot.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2016, 03:20 AM   #83
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDB9
Defensive centers running directly under the opposing goal on defense leaving a wide open layup. CPU holding the ball on fastbreak. Guys not knowing they have a foot on the line in catch and shoot 3 situations. Some iffy late game play calling from the CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper69
I have to agree with the above post. Only issue I'm seeing is questionable decision making by the cpu on offense. Sometimes pg just stands behind the 3 point line waiting until the shock clock goes down and takes a wild shot.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
The next update should fix all of these problems. Of course with how many things are taken into account (Player tendencies, coach profiles, AND sliders) I can't guarantee that there won't be a possession every once in a while where the AI just falls asleep. But hey, go watch even the best teams play IRL and once in a while you'll wonder what they were thinking
Old 02-06-2016, 05:12 AM   #84
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

PARTIAL UPDATE POSTED

I need to get a few hours of sleep before work, but I thought you guys deserved a peak at what I've been working on. This partial/experimental update focuses on the shot success and defensive sliders. I know a few tweaks will need to be made before these are finished, but they make a HUGE difference in gameplay. Players fully interact with each other on the court, and the perimeter defender "force field" has been toned down and mostly eliminated from all but the most elite defenders. Now you will be able to attack the basket without the unrealistic bumping (for the most part), but you won't simply blow-by the defender. The defender will ride your hip and follow you to the basket as the help-D closes in, making it difficult to score cleanly in the paint while also opening up the drive-and-kick game even more! With the tweaked Help-D, not only will perimeter defenders collapse into the paint when needed, but other defenders will cycle off of their man to move over/close out on the perimeter shooter who has just been left open (many times BEFORE you or the AI can pull off an easy pass).

This is what I've been working on for so long, and it pains me to say that the right settings were FAR EASIER than all of the other experimental settings I had been using. However, these added player interactions, contextual animations, and improved Help-D make scoring on offense a LOT harder, and field goal percentages will suffer. My new Shot Success sliders go a long way in alleviating this issue, but I was still seeing lower FG% than I would like.

I would post a few quick videos, but until I can figure out why everything I upload gets reduced to (and locked at) 240p, I won't be posting any. I'm also working on Tendency tweaks but they're not quite ready for release. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can get them finished up for you guys.

Let me know what you guys are seeing with these new tweaks and what I can do to make them even better!

Enjoy

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 02-06-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Defensive Overhaul update now applied to Xbox One.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #86
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0

commentary be like : what where they thinking leaving him open at the 3 point line ?! havent they heard ? lolll they were talking about a 72 rated 3 point shooter

this makes the credibilty of the whole commentary just crumble ina 1000 pieces

good word eccentric man i,m loving your work ,peace
Old 02-11-2016, 01:09 AM   #87
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
commentary be like : what where they thinking leaving him open at the 3 point line ?! havent they heard ? lolll they were talking about a 72 rated 3 point shooter

this makes the credibilty of the whole commentary just crumble ina 1000 pieces

good word eccentric man i,m loving your work ,peace

Yea the commentary has some problems this year, especially with whoever the 3rd commentator is. I've heard a few times where the guy gets half way through his line, pauses awkwardly, and then repeats the same line as if he never said anything. They did an awful job editing I guess!

Glad you like the sliders man! I just have two things to fine-tune and then I can release v1.0 finally!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #88
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

*BETA* SLIDER UPDATE

I FINALLY have a new update to share with you guys! I've put so many hours into working on this update, and I really think it is something special. Almost EVERYTHING has been tweaked, with improvements across the board. Better animations, player movement/interactions, defensive rotations, less bumping/suction-cup defense, improved CPU tendencies, and BALANCED inside scoring (it's no longer a make-or-foul dice roll, and elite finishers really stand out).

Remember to leave any and all feedback, as it will help me get closer to finalizing this slider set as soon as possible.

Enjoy the hell out of this update guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »