Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #65
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Doing some testing/tweaking tonight. My hope is to at least get a base slider set out to you guys before my college finals take over my life next week

EDIT: This last patch... Not surprised it was released on April 1st smh

EDIT 2: Trying to eliminate the defensive sliding while maintaining fluid, realistic movement. Also fine-tuning tendencies and the shooting sliders. Expect stand-alone updates to certain settings before a full release. I'll post anything I feel is "finalized" if/when I'm happy with the results!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 04-29-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #66
Rookie

AllDayEveryDay24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Doing some testing/tweaking tonight. My hope is to at least get a base slider set out to you guys before my college finals take over my life next week

EDIT: This last patch... Not surprised it was released on April 1st smh

EDIT 2: Trying to eliminate the defensive sliding while maintaining fluid, realistic movement. Also fine-tuning tendencies and the shooting sliders. Expect stand-alone updates to certain settings before a full release. I'll post anything I feel is "finalized" if/when I'm happy with the results!
cool bro. patiently waiting on these
Old 05-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #67
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Hey man I need some help on these 2 sliders and specifically with what you said in red in the "Defining sliders" thread (I know it was a long time ago lol)

Quote:
I haven't been able to test this on NBA 2k15 yet, but since 2k12 this is what I've found the Gather/Takeoff and Release sliders do:

Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - How much of an effect the defense has on the start of a layup. This slider controls the frequency/variety of layup takeoff animations. The higher the slider, the more frequency/variety of layup takeoff animations.

Layup Defense Strength (Release) - How much of an effect the defense has on a layup at release. This slider controls how difficult it is to make a layup in traffic. The higher the slider, the more difficult it is to make contested layups.

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - How much of an effect the defense has on the start of a jump shot. This slider controls the frequency/variety of contested jump shot animations. The higher the slider, the greater the effect a nearby defender has on a shooter, and contested jump shot animations are triggered more frequently.

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - How much of an effect the defense has on a jump shot at release. This slider controls the difficulty of shots in traffic. The higher the slider, the more often you will miss contested jumpers/shots in traffic.

Also, in previous years, the sliders worked like this: HUM sliders control the strength of YOUR defense, so increasing the HUM sliders will make it harder on the CPU. CPU sliders control the CPU defense, so increasing CPU sliders makes it harder for YOU.
Now I know that when I was using your one slider set that was extremely popular (it was either 2k13 or 2K14 I don't remember wasn't a member of the site at the time) what you said in red was absolutely correct. Unfortunately in 2K15 I fear this has changed, but I can't confirm it...at least for the 2 shooting sliders...But I can indeed confirm that the Layup strength sliders do in fact effect the OFFENSE and not the defense...so raising the HUM Layup defense slider makes it HARDER for the HUM to score and raising the CPU Layup defense makes it harder for the CPU to score, not sure why it's like that this year, but it is...I talked about it a little bit here:

I was wondering if you could confirm the same for the jump shooting sliders as well? I've been testing, but I can't really tell haha.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #68
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Hey man I need some help on these 2 sliders and specifically with what you said in red in the "Defining sliders" thread (I know it was a long time ago lol)

Now I know that when I was using your one slider set that was extremely popular (it was either 2k13 or 2K14 I don't remember wasn't a member of the site at the time) what you said in red was absolutely correct. Unfortunately in 2K15 I fear this has changed, but I can't confirm it...at least for the 2 shooting sliders...But I can indeed confirm that the Layup strength sliders do in fact effect the OFFENSE and not the defense...so raising the HUM Layup defense slider makes it HARDER for the HUM to score and raising the CPU Layup defense makes it harder for the CPU to score, not sure why it's like that this year, but it is...I talked about it a little bit here:

I was wondering if you could confirm the same for the jump shooting sliders as well? I've been testing, but I can't really tell haha.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!
Tonight is my last real "hell night" for the semester, so tomorrow I should be able to look into this for you and let you know specifics!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #69
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayEveryDay24
cool bro. patiently waiting on these
Tomorrow I should be able to at least get the shooting sliders released, but hopefully I'll have the movement sliders done as well! Shooting sliders will be first though, as they provide the base for pretty much everything. Once you get shots dropping at a realistic rate when wide-open, you can tweak the other settings to account for defensive ability, offensive tendencies, shot blocking, etc.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #70
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Tonight is my last real "hell night" for the semester, so tomorrow I should be able to look into this for you and let you know specifics!
Pshhhh same here brotha I feel you lol. I'm done Thursday :P
Old 05-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #71
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Pshhhh same here brotha I feel you lol. I'm done Thursday :P
My finals aren't until next week, but tests are easy for me so that won't be a problem! It's the week before finals where all the projects/papers/presentations are due at the same time that gets me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #72
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
My finals aren't until next week, but tests are easy for me so that won't be a problem! It's the week before finals where all the projects/papers/presentations are due at the same time that gets me
Take your time, man, you don't owe us everything, so take your time to have success in school!
Good luck at the finals!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »