Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:34 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

What system are you on? If ps4 try hyper/DC rosters
Old 05-14-2015, 12:39 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Tried a game against the Pelicans.. This team is all kinds of messed up. Rushed offense, too many pull-up jumpers, ignoring AD23 for long stretches of the game...

This game alone made me want nothing to do with 2K's rosters.. I need to find an alternative that tweaks mostly just the tendencies of players and teams. Any suggestions?
Are you playing play now or a myleague? The game seems to play a lot better in myleague.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #91
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper69
What system are you on? If ps4 try hyper/DC rosters
I used them in the past, but this year it seems like they kind of overhauled the roster. Wouldn't using their roster make my sliders incompatible with the default 2k rosters?

I just ask because I know most people use the 2k roster, and I want to be able to make sliders for the most amount of people to benefit from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Are you playing play now or a myleague? The game seems to play a lot better in myleague.
Play Now. I'll give it a shot in MyLeague and see if it's any different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 12:58 AM   #92
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
I used them in the past, but this year it seems like they kind of overhauled the roster. Wouldn't using their roster make my sliders incompatible with the default 2k rosters?

I just ask because I know most people use the 2k roster, and I want to be able to make sliders for the most amount of people to benefit from.

Play Now. I'll give it a shot in MyLeague and see if it's any different.
The computer seems more tactical in a season mode over Play Now. (especially quick games, NBA today games seem more in tune with a season mode) I'm seeing tons of variety with your tendencies. Teams playing to their strengths but changing it up if that fails. Plus the fatigue from the season helps with non shooting fouls to be called, the cpu uses better substitutions, teams go on longer scoring runs, and you see more blowouts. I hardly ever have any either way in Play Now. Most of those games are decided by 12 or less points.

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-14-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:41 AM   #93
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
The computer seems more tactical in a season mode over Play Now. (especially quick games, NBA today games seem more in tune with a season mode) I'm seeing tons of variety with your tendencies. Teams playing to their strengths but changing it up if that fails. Plus the fatigue from the season helps with non shooting fouls to be called, the cpu uses better substitutions, teams go on longer scoring runs, and you see more blowouts. I hardly ever have any either way in Play Now. Most of those games are decided by 12 or less points.
Hmm, very interesting.. Just for fun I tried again in Play Now a made a few minor edits to the tendencies. NOW the Pelicans are moving the ball around, taking smart shots, and feeding it to Davis in droves. Here are the edits (experimental sliders in parentheses):

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots - 46
Take Close Shots - 44 (40)
Take Mid-Range Shots - 45 (36)
Take 3PT Shots - 60
Post Shots - 50 (48)
Attack the Basket - 45 (50)
Look for Post Players - 60 (70)

Things are looking great right now. My main worry is that Post Shots may be too high, still testing to see if they kick the ball out often enough. Give these edits a try and let me know if they're still playing great for you!

EDIT: Just switched the Inside and Close tendencies (again) from 40 and 50 to 45 and 45. A few minutes into my first game against the Kings and Cousins has gotten the ball on every possession en route to scoring their first 8 points (2 shots from the post, 1 offensive rebound/putback, and 1 iso from the 3 point line as he drove past my center and layed it up). He's a monster!

EDIT2: Just did another slight tweak to the tendencies. The ball movement and variety with these is INSANE! Still working on a few tweaks here and there to these guys, but this is the base for sure! I'm experimenting with lower Close and Mid-Range shooting and higher Drive to Basket (posted in parentheses above and in the OP), which is really getting the guys in the post to use more moves and back their defender down instead of immediately going for a hook/fadeaway. Haven't rested on anything final, but feel free to try out either one!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 05-14-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #94
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey buddy, just an update on what we were talking about I can officially confirm 100% that the shot "defense slider" effects the respective team on OFFENSE so 0/100 would result in the CPU having terrible defense, and the HUM having basically no shot defense, while 100/0 would result in an easier time for the CPU!

I'm an idiot tbh...the way that I tested this was simply to put the game on "user timing" and turn on shot feedback and test the grades for about 5 minutes...on 100/00 Steph curry was getting F's on contested shots, and on 0/100 he was getting B-'s and A's and things of that nature...
Old 05-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Hmm, very interesting.. Just for fun I tried again in Play Now a made a few minor edits to the tendencies. NOW the Pelicans are moving the ball around, taking smart shots, and feeding it to Davis in droves. Here are the edits (experimental sliders in parentheses):

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots - 46
Take Close Shots - 44 (40)
Take Mid-Range Shots - 45 (36)
Take 3PT Shots - 60
Post Shots - 50 (48)
Attack the Basket - 45 (50)
Look for Post Players - 60 (70)

Things are looking great right now. My main worry is that Post Shots may be too high, still testing to see if they kick the ball out often enough. Give these edits a try and let me know if they're still playing great for you!

EDIT2: Just did another slight tweak to the tendencies. The ball movement and variety with these is INSANE! Still working on a few tweaks here and there to these guys, but this is the base for sure! I'm experimenting with lower Close and Mid-Range shooting and higher Drive to Basket (posted in parentheses above and in the OP), which is really getting the guys in the post to use more moves and back their defender down instead of immediately going for a hook/fadeaway. Haven't rested on anything final, but feel free to try out either one!

This is AWESOME to hear regarding AD23! I just have a few questions:

1) Are you using the most recent, Official 2K Roster set? Specifically the set that had the Global 3Pt. and MidRange Adjustment?

2) Are you still using Auto POE?

*The more and more you provide such awesome results...its putting my final exams at risk b/c I'm trying to resist the urge to put in a few games because it might turn into a whole night of 2K! LOL! #ResistTheUrge

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 05-14-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #96
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
This is AWESOME to hear regarding AD23! I just have a few questions:

1) Are you using the most recent, Official 2K Roster set? Specifically the set that had the Global 3Pt. and MidRange Adjustment?

2) Are you still using Auto POE?

*The more and more you provide such awesome results...its putting my final exams at risk b/c I'm trying to resist the urge to put in a few games because it might turn into a whole night of 2K! LOL! #ResistTheUrge

Yup, latest 2k roster and auto POE. I'm inching closer to releasing my sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »