Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #121
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Loving it already! Though no surprise on how good these sliders are... The camera just got me out of the 2k camera after using it from 2k12 lol
One thing though, why are you putting shot meter off? If it's user timing, why not use it?
Glad you're enjoying it! Yea, I was a 2k Camera guy myself, and then once I found "Drive" I just can't use anything else, they all just feel so boring!

Shot Meter is off because A) I think it makes User Timing easier, and B) I just hate seeing that meter on the screen. I suppose I should leave that as User Preference as some people might like it more than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Good stuff my friend! And this brings up a possible solution to getting "Stars" to stand out and have the majority of offense run through them....

Not sure if it has ever been considered....But to adjust sliders based on what team the HUM is playing against! For instance, you mentioned above that you adjusted tendencies to make AD23 stand out....But if these sliders are used to play against another team, the stars don't necessarily stand out....I'm wondering now if slider sets should be made based on the team one is playing against? A huge pain in the arse to consider this since many variations, testing, etc would be need to be done....But then begs the question that POE also has a HUGE influence on how the CPU plays based on what the HUM has their POE settings at! Ahhhh....the DaVince code gets murkier! LOL! Just a thought...

BUT if you have come up with a 'universal tendency' set that gets offenses to run in a more logical manner going through the 'stars'....then my friend....hats off to you! Please keep us updated!
I thought about that before, but it would be a ton of work and honestly, most people wouldn't use a slider set that requires them to do that much tweaking. The good news is that I AM getting close to a universal tendency set! The CPU is spreading the ball around and making smart plays, and AD23 is going to work and using some post moves I've never seen the CPU use! I'll upload a video once I'm done tweaking the tendencies, if I can ever figure out how to put multiple PS4 clips together into one video

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Lmao yeah that sounds crazy.

Anyways Eccentric, I played a few minutes with these before I passed out and Curry and Klay were torching me smh. Lol it was a beautiful thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear man! The Warriors are a PAIN, it's so hard to stay in front of their shooters, and they'll take the shot if you give them an inch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Used this for my first playoff game (bulls-me vs hawks), IT WAS AMAZING, it was tight the whole game, with me breaking in the late 3rd, but with 35 seconds to go, the hawks took the lead, it's 108-106 to the hawks, got the ball to rose, 2 point shot, missed, gasol with the rebound, pass to butler for the easy layup.
Than i made a stupid foul on teague with 23 seconds to go, he made them both, and in the next possession I missed the shot...
Ended 110-108
Few points to change:
The cpu FG% was WAYYYYY too high, 53%(!) from the field, 55%(!) from 3pt, compared to 45% from the field for me, and 24% from 3pt range...
Also, the fouls are too low, only 14 fouls made by the cpu, and 16 made by me. Biggest problem was cpu shooting fouls-about 4 times I was going for a layup with noah or gasol, got wrecked by the hawks players, and no foul call...
That sounds like a great game! On the point of FG%, try playing a few more games and see if those numbers come down. Teams shoot above 50% all the time in real life, but they also shoot near 40% some games as well. What I'm aiming for with these sliders is variety, so you CAN get torched by a team one game and then put up a good defensive effort the next and hold them to a lower FG% the next time out. It's all about making adjustments and getting in the shooter's face. I want these sliders to be challenging, and I want the CPU to make you pay if you leave a shooter open. Try another game and see if you can force a lower shooting percentage.

As for the Fouls, that is something I've been working on. These are my current foul sliders, so give them a try:

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency - 100
Charging Foul Frequency - 100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 100
Reaching Foul Frequency - 65
Shooting Foul Frequency - 75/70
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 100

I don't want to raise Shooting Foul's higher than this as it will result in constant fouls and make it too easy for the USER to bully his way to the line. I like that sometimes, when you try to force it down low you won't always get bailed out by a whistle.

And finally, which of my Game Speed settings are you all using? And what's your feedback on player movement/animation speed/defensive footwork/etc.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #122
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I'll give those a shot. By the way, are you using this format but with this season's stat plugged in?

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 05-20-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #123
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Man, I haven't updated that sheet in years! I was going to last year but never quite finished, and then I lost all the progress I had been making. Do I want to update that? Yes. Will I? No promises
Old 05-20-2015, 09:05 PM   #124
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Man, I haven't updated that sheet in years! I was going to last year but never quite finished, and then I lost all the progress I had been making. Do I want to update that? Yes. Will I? No promises

Lmao I don't care about the sheet. I mean are you working on your sliders based on the info from this years stats? If so gimme the run down and I'll do it myself! Lol

Old 05-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #125
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Lmao I don't care about the sheet. I mean are you working on your sliders based on the info from this years stats? If so gimme the run down and I'll do it myself! Lol

Nah, right now I'm working off simply a general understanding of what the stats should look like and what the game should play like. The thing with stats and shooting percentage and all of that is that people expect to take a slider set and have EVERY GAME be a nail-biter, ending with a miraculous buzzer-beating 3 point shot, and every single stat should be the exact average of the league.

They don't understand that averages are made because some games have better stats and some have worse. Some times a team will shoot 30% from the field, and sometimes a team will shoot 60%. Sometimes a team will get 30 free throws, another game they may only get 12.

No slider set should give you an experience where EVERY GAME is the same, every stat line, every shooting percentage, etc. There should be variety, there should be games where you just outplay the CPU, and other games where you just can't catch a break.

So for me, while I make my sliders, I want the GAME to PLAY well. If the CPU is playing a fluid, realistic offense and the defensive movement/rotations are on point, the stats will figure themselves out. I'm not worried about stats, just realistic, fun, and challenging game play.

Sorry for the rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 04:50 AM   #126
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying it! Yea, I was a 2k Camera guy myself, and then once I found "Drive" I just can't use anything else, they all just feel so boring!

Shot Meter is off because A) I think it makes User Timing easier, and B) I just hate seeing that meter on the screen. I suppose I should leave that as User Preference as some people might like it more than I do.

I thought about that before, but it would be a ton of work and honestly, most people wouldn't use a slider set that requires them to do that much tweaking. The good news is that I AM getting close to a universal tendency set! The CPU is spreading the ball around and making smart plays, and AD23 is going to work and using some post moves I've never seen the CPU use! I'll upload a video once I'm done tweaking the tendencies, if I can ever figure out how to put multiple PS4 clips together into one video

Glad to hear man! The Warriors are a PAIN, it's so hard to stay in front of their shooters, and they'll take the shot if you give them an inch!

That sounds like a great game! On the point of FG%, try playing a few more games and see if those numbers come down. Teams shoot above 50% all the time in real life, but they also shoot near 40% some games as well. What I'm aiming for with these sliders is variety, so you CAN get torched by a team one game and then put up a good defensive effort the next and hold them to a lower FG% the next time out. It's all about making adjustments and getting in the shooter's face. I want these sliders to be challenging, and I want the CPU to make you pay if you leave a shooter open. Try another game and see if you can force a lower shooting percentage.

As for the Fouls, that is something I've been working on. These are my current foul sliders, so give them a try:

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency - 100
Charging Foul Frequency - 100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 100
Reaching Foul Frequency - 65
Shooting Foul Frequency - 75/70
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 100

I don't want to raise Shooting Foul's higher than this as it will result in constant fouls and make it too easy for the USER to bully his way to the line. I like that sometimes, when you try to force it down low you won't always get bailed out by a whistle.

And finally, which of my Game Speed settings are you all using? And what's your feedback on player movement/animation speed/defensive footwork/etc.?
Great Feedback! I guess you're right about playing one game and being destroyed from the field doesn't say anything about the other games, and I'll try the fouls setting as well.
About the game speed, I was using the "normal" one, not the slower, just cause, no appearant reason...
Old 05-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #127
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Nah, right now I'm working off simply a general understanding of what the stats should look like and what the game should play like. The thing with stats and shooting percentage and all of that is that people expect to take a slider set and have EVERY GAME be a nail-biter, ending with a miraculous buzzer-beating 3 point shot, and every single stat should be the exact average of the league.

They don't understand that averages are made because some games have better stats and some have worse. Some times a team will shoot 30% from the field, and sometimes a team will shoot 60%. Sometimes a team will get 30 free throws, another game they may only get 12.

No slider set should give you an experience where EVERY GAME is the same, every stat line, every shooting percentage, etc. There should be variety, there should be games where you just outplay the CPU, and other games where you just can't catch a break.

So for me, while I make my sliders, I want the GAME to PLAY well. If the CPU is playing a fluid, realistic offense and the defensive movement/rotations are on point, the stats will figure themselves out. I'm not worried about stats, just realistic, fun, and challenging game play.

Sorry for the rant
Quoted for truth. This post almost needs to be stickied in the sliders forum. There are games (in real life) that are horrendous and there are others where it resembles an all star game with high FG percentages, highlight plays and lackluster defense. And then there is the median, which some expect all the time.

Just inquiring, have you made any adjustments to tendencies. In my opinion, you have done a dam good job but I just want to make sure they are dialed in before I start a MyLeague this evening.

Also, how do you feel about putting quickness at 100 with an alternate roster like Hype & DC's? I've played two games with the quickness at 100 and speed for User at 52 and 48 for CPU. Fluid and GREAT ball movement with alternate roster but with the default roster, it is a jittery mess.

Lastly, what does the hustle tendency change?

Thanks again for your work man
Old 05-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #128
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Lol the Cavs are murdering me right now smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »