Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #73
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
My finals aren't until next week, but tests are easy for me so that won't be a problem! It's the week before finals where all the projects/papers/presentations are due at the same time that gets me
I finished last Thursday but I start spring semester in the morn
Old 05-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #74
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Take your time, man, you don't owe us everything, so take your time to have success in school!
Good luck at the finals!
Thanks man! But I feel like I do owe the community something. Last year I didn't put in my best effort, and this year I haven't really gotten off the ground floor yet. I just don't have my usual itch to play NBA 2k right now, which sucks because this is probably the best basketball game of all time...

That said, I'm pretty much all done for the semester. A few papers due next week, a few exams, but overall the hard stuff is over. I pulled an all-nighter last night to finish up everything I had due today, so I'm a little out of it. I'm still going to test some sliders tonight though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I finished last Thursday but I start spring semester in the morn
"Spring"... I don't think it means what your school thinks it means.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #75
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Hey man I need some help on these 2 sliders and specifically with what you said in red in the "Defining sliders" thread (I know it was a long time ago lol)

Now I know that when I was using your one slider set that was extremely popular (it was either 2k13 or 2K14 I don't remember wasn't a member of the site at the time) what you said in red was absolutely correct. Unfortunately in 2K15 I fear this has changed, but I can't confirm it...at least for the 2 shooting sliders...But I can indeed confirm that the Layup strength sliders do in fact effect the OFFENSE and not the defense...so raising the HUM Layup defense slider makes it HARDER for the HUM to score and raising the CPU Layup defense makes it harder for the CPU to score, not sure why it's like that this year, but it is...I talked about it a little bit here:

I was wondering if you could confirm the same for the jump shooting sliders as well? I've been testing, but I can't really tell haha.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!
So I did some testing on the Jumpshot Defense sliders, and it really is hard to tell. With them at 0 or 100, the difference was negligible. My (not too confident) opinion is that they affect the defense, not the offense. So raising the CPU Jumpshot Defense makes their defense better, raising the HUM Jumpshot Defense makes your defense better.

But again, I'm not 100% sure and the difference was hard to see and not overly consistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #76
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
So I did some testing on the Jumpshot Defense sliders, and it really is hard to tell. With them at 0 or 100, the difference was negligible. My (not too confident) opinion is that they affect the defense, not the offense. So raising the CPU Jumpshot Defense makes their defense better, raising the HUM Jumpshot Defense makes your defense better.

But again, I'm not 100% sure and the difference was hard to see and not overly consistent.
You can say that again...but that SEEMS to be the case.

Man...in terms of animations and what not it has a very minimal effect, but dude I swear it like "globally" effects shooting percentages... it is ultra wacky, I had my slider set at:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -47/47
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 47/47

and then I changed it to:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -70/47
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 70/47

(thinking that the slider was reversed like the other 2 that I mentioned, and I had a bunch of people saying the CPU started missing all of their shots...now you would think that would obviously let me know which slider affected which team, but when I tested it I wasn't getting the same thing! So I think we can just conclude that it's just really really inconsistent.

Now, one other thing is...I believe the CPU A.I. Has some type of code built into the game where they are more reluctant to shoot shots they "think" they will miss...so I had noticed that having the shot defense slider higher was also effecting the type of shots the CPU would take...(less shots off the dribble...) at first I thought I was just imagining it, but it's good to (kinda) get some type of confirmation that I'm thinking along the right track.

Going to try and get some games in at:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -47/70
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 47/70

Thanks for the help brotha good luck with finals I just finished mine!
Old 05-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #77
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
You can say that again...but that SEEMS to be the case.

Man...in terms of animations and what not it has a very minimal effect, but dude I swear it like "globally" effects shooting percentages... it is ultra wacky, I had my slider set at:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -47/47
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 47/47

and then I changed it to:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -70/47
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 70/47

(thinking that the slider was reversed like the other 2 that I mentioned, and I had a bunch of people saying the CPU started missing all of their shots...now you would think that would obviously let me know which slider affected which team, but when I tested it I wasn't getting the same thing! So I think we can just conclude that it's just really really inconsistent.

Now, one other thing is...I believe the CPU A.I. Has some type of code built into the game where they are more reluctant to shoot shots they "think" they will miss...so I had noticed that having the shot defense slider higher was also effecting the type of shots the CPU would take...(less shots off the dribble...) at first I thought I was just imagining it, but it's good to (kinda) get some type of confirmation that I'm thinking along the right track.

Going to try and get some games in at:

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -47/70
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 47/70

Thanks for the help brotha good luck with finals I just finished mine!
With you and shady being probably the most favorite slider makers this year and in 2k13 eccentric was the undisputed god of sliders, I think if both of you make a slider set together in 2k16, you'll be crowned as the slider gods!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #78
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
With you and shady being probably the most favorite slider makers this year and in 2k13 eccentric was the undisputed god of sliders, I think if both of you make a slider set together in 2k16, you'll be crowned as the slider gods!
That's some pretty high praise man!

Good news: I've been doing some testing the last few hours and I'm finding out some interesting things. I'll be spending most of my free time today working on my set, so a release should not be far away! I love what I'm seeing so far, and I think I've figured out a few key things that, if they remain consistent, will be extremely helpful in making the game play exactly how I want it to (both offensively and defensively)!

EDIT: MINOR UPDATE!

Updated the OP with some AI Tendency settings. Just some minimalist tweaks I'm trying out, and I was curious to know what you all thought of them. Leave some feedback, and I'll get back to tweaking these in a couple hours! I'm off to play a quick round of golf.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 05-09-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #79
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Gotta do a bit of studying tonight when I get back from a concert, but hopefully I'll have some more time to do some testing. I feel like I'm on to something good

While I'm out, give the tendencies I posted a try and let me know if they're working as well for you as they have been working for me! I'm seeing some fantastic ball movement and teams are playing to their tendencies, I just have to make the offense a little smarter/more consistent is all!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:23 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 6

Love the tendency settings. Great ball movement and shot variety. I've been working on a Hall of Fame set. Not so much for a challenge but more to get the CPU to be the smartest it can be. I somehow eliminated the wild CPU momentum swings in the 4th and I was getting really good stats before your Tendency suggestions but the CPU was getting too much in the paint. I plugged these in and had a great game with the Grizzlies against the Hawks. I trailed by a couple all game long playing catchup and lost by 5 in OT. Most exiting game I've played so far. My biggest problem now is the CPU doesn't miss enough free throws. I've noticed at 80+game speed, free throws aren't automatic and more non-shooting fouls happen. But I can't find the sweet spot.

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-12-2015 at 01:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »