Home

Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes)

This is a discussion on Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #57
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

Kayotic, I enjoy these sliders, problem is I am a newb to 2k14 and basketball games in general.
I have a few problems playing the game and was wondering if you have any suggestions as to some changes I could make to bring a more enjoyable experience without 20 point blowouts.

Defense, I can't play it. The player I control loses his man in traffic multiple times and when the opponent drives the paint, he easily goes past me for the score. I'm not sure how to keep up or give myself a little more handicap room here.
Passing lanes, I have a difficult time finding open passing lanes and the end result of my games usually carry 10+ steals in the opponents favor.
Shooting, my timing on shots is horrid and I'm usually ending games at a less than 35% field goal percentage.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your hard work
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

I tried them and I saw too many times where players where gliding across the floor and passing the ball directly into the defender.

With OBD so high players are hard to control if you slightly move the controller. The CPU was sliding a lot and doing a lot of bumping and no fouls called (fouls are all 100). A few times I was sprinting and the force field defense happens even if the defender was standing still.

The passing is so bad and I don't know why: 4/5 times the ball would bounce off the defender or out of reach of a easy pass resulting into a turnover. When I have the CPU PPL at 25 and below the passes seem to go to the offensive player more.

The speed is good for me but OBD and the CPU passing lanes seem to make the passes worst and sliding very unrealistic.

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-25-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #59
MVP

itrey25's Arena

OVR: 0

these sliders are frustrating bro'

its not fun at all

Last edited by itrey25; 02-25-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #60
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrey25
these sliders are frustrating bro
They frustrating if you don't take your time. Make sure you don't take any stupid shots; be patient with them. Find the strengths and weaknesses of the other team, then attack them. Find out what moves work, who they're not fully guarding, what moves you need to use to work around players, etc.

It feels like real-life basketball. I love these sliders. It requires you to think and react instead of just playing while zoned out.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #61
MVP

itrey25's Arena

Angry Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

these sliders are confusing, even if you contest a shot it goes in, when your wide open you miss like c'mon man its not fun at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #62
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft ...

Score at the half. Extremely high scoring game. Haha The Heat have taken 4 3PT shots in the whole first half. Lol not very realistic, but this is the first time I've seen this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #63
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Kayotic, I enjoy these sliders, problem is I am a newb to 2k14 and basketball games in general.
I have a few problems playing the game and was wondering if you have any suggestions as to some changes I could make to bring a more enjoyable experience without 20 point blowouts.

Defense, I can't play it. The player I control loses his man in traffic multiple times and when the opponent drives the paint, he easily goes past me for the score. I'm not sure how to keep up or give myself a little more handicap room here.
Passing lanes, I have a difficult time finding open passing lanes and the end result of my games usually carry 10+ steals in the opponents favor.
Shooting, my timing on shots is horrid and I'm usually ending games at a less than 35% field goal percentage.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your hard work
No problem stick with it 2k can be a frustrating game at times first before changing anything move 2 all-star and see how that works play a couple of games and post some box scores for me and i can help from there the cpu is a little more forgiven on that lvl and shot timing windows are bigger
Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #64
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft ...

Final score. Man was that a one-sided game. Haha The score is a lot closer than it should have been, but I started to just hold the ball til 5 seconds on the shot clock then shoot a 3 (normally missing lol)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »