Home

Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes)

This is a discussion on Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Halftime.

Rockets (me): 50
Warriors (CPU): 47

This quarter played a little better. I still am seeing waaay too many outside shots taken. Every single chance they get to take a 3PT shot or a long 2, they take it. No matter what. No one is attacking the basket like most NBA players do. In the first half, I totaled 10 offensive rebounds (Dwight with 6).

The Rockets are known for their high scoring games. They're known for making teams pay by hitting open threes. I can't seem to get anything going, despite getting "Excellent" timing and consistent B or better shot grade. I've gone 5/22 from 3PT land, a staggering 23%.

I'm not going to hassle you too much on this, but instead make changes to the sliders myself. Overall though, the sliders aren't bad by any means. I'll just lower the speed, lower outside shooting tendencies, increase attacking the basket, and tack on a few points to 3PT success (for both clubs; CPU +1, HUM +3).

Yeah I understand these are a work in progress, and not a final product by any means. Which is why I'm offering my insight and hoping to help a little in the process.
let me know how your changes work
Old 02-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

Haven't input the changes yet. Going to stick to these until the end of the game.

3rd quarter was horrendous. Curry went 11 for 11 from the field, Thompson went 6 for 7. They hit EVERYTHING, no matter how good the contest was. My guys continued to miss open shots, despite the good timing and grades. I don't want to play the 4th quarter because of how unrealistic that quarter was, but it's fine. The players are still pulling up every chance they get. In this quarter alone, they threw it down to the post 3 times.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #11
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Well... Games done... Iguodala shot 7 for 8 from the field in the 4th, 5 of them 3PTs (Scoring 20 points in the quarter). Thompson went 4 for 6 in the 4th, 3 of them 3PTs (Scoring 11 points in the quarter).

Throughout the game, Harden shot 3 for 19 from 3PT range. I've been playing with the Rockets since I got them game and have mastered his shot, so every time I shot, I get Excellent timing. But regardless, he shot this bad. And it wasn't just him; I shot 23% from 3PT shots.

With all due respect, these sliders are a ways off. The amount of jumpers shot is crazily unrealistic, so I'd recommend dropping the 3PT and mid-range tendencies way down, while increasing the low-post related tendencies. I'm honestly doing my best to not come off as an ***, but it's just how the game is playing compared to real NBA games. It played very well at times, and played terrible at other times. That's not exactly the sliders fault, but the game itself. For instance, the Warriors shot 64% from the field. They hit everything when the defender was anywhere beyond 12 inches from them. About the only thing that went good for me (though unrealistic), was the 18 offensive rebounds I got. Other than that, I couldn't hit anything. I couldn't stop anything. And they just ran over me, shooting over 50% from 3PT.

I'll try adding my changes and get back to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Well... Games done... Iguodala shot 7 for 8 from the field in the 4th, 5 of them 3PTs (Scoring 20 points in the quarter). Thompson went 4 for 6 in the 4th, 3 of them 3PTs (Scoring 11 points in the quarter).

Throughout the game, Harden shot 3 for 19 from 3PT range. I've been playing with the Rockets since I got them game and have mastered his shot, so every time I shot, I get Excellent timing. But regardless, he shot this bad. And it wasn't just him; I shot 23% from 3PT shots.

With all due respect, these sliders are a ways off. The amount of jumpers shot is crazily unrealistic, so I'd recommend dropping the 3PT and mid-range tendencies way down, while increasing the low-post related tendencies. I'm honestly doing my best to not come off as an ***, but it's just how the game is playing compared to real NBA games. It played very well at times, and played terrible at other times. That's not exactly the sliders fault, but the game itself. For instance, the Warriors shot 64% from the field. They hit everything when the defender was anywhere beyond 12 inches from them. About the only thing that went good for me (though unrealistic), was the 18 offensive rebounds I got. Other than that, I couldn't hit anything. I couldn't stop anything. And they just ran over me, shooting over 50% from 3PT.

I'll try adding my changes and get back to you.
Maybe these are not for you to me they are not far off i have played games ran cpu vs cpu games and haven't had those result at all with the D sliders that high i have NO IDEA how they shot 64 from the field with hands in there face
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #13
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Maybe these are not for you to me they are not far off i have played games ran cpu vs cpu games and haven't had those result at all with the D sliders that high i have NO IDEA how they shot 64 from the field with hands in there face
Yeah maybe. I'll just tinker with them and give suggestions.

Sorry if I came off as a jerk. I was kind of raging. Sometimes I need to remember that this is just a game. Haha
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #14
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Yeah maybe. I'll just tinker with them and give suggestions.

Sorry if I came off as a jerk. I was kind of raging. Sometimes I need to remember that this is just a game. Haha
Wait quick question did you use the roster?
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #15
Just started!

i'm korean so i can't english well.

can i use this slider with another roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #16
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Wait quick question did you use the roster?
I used Cam's latest roster (AKA Remdizzle)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »