Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2022, 01:29 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk-eeter_B
Lower cpu 3pt shot tendency until you get an acceptable amount of 3pa you're looking for. 85 was too high for me as well so I understand what you mean.

If you want less freelance from cpu go to coach sliders and raise run plays slider to a higher number.
Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Is that actually going to stick? Have been in another thread talking about this and the only thing that would stick when messing with CPU Gameplan were matchups. Help defense didn’t work and Play Amount is on the same page so I’m wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #82
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Is that actually going to stick? Have been in another thread talking about this and the only thing that would stick when messing with CPU Gameplan were matchups. Help defense didn’t work and Play Amount is on the same page so I’m wondering.
For me the coach sliders stick. I do have 30 team control so maybe that might have something to do with it. You can always switch sides with controller in game and then adjust the cpu coach slider to be sure.

While I am replying on this. Who knows how to get the cpu to play with faster pace? Game I finished I had 25 free throws with only 76FGA. Cpu had 90fga but only 13 free throw attempts. Feel like it is impossible to get 20fta and still average 85-90fga for both teams.

Now with more thought it's not so much pace. More so is the lack of live ball turnovers and fastbreaks. That's a 2k issue, nothing sliders can do to help that. I've never had a 2 or 3 on 1 fastbreak ever in this game. The defense gets back so fast before your offensive AI players realize you have possession of the ball lol. It is what it is with that. Game is a lot of fun regardless

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-25-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:38 PM   #83
MVP

Quote:
For me the coach sliders stick. I do have 30 team control so maybe that might have something to do with it. You can always switch sides with controller in game and then adjust the cpu coach slider to be sure.

While I am replying on this. Who knows how to get the cpu to play with faster pace? Game I finished I had 25 free throws with only 76FGA. Cpu had 90fga but only 13 free throw attempts. Feel like it is impossible to get 20fta and still average 85-90fga for both teams.

Now with more thought it's not so much pace. More so is the lack of live ball turnovers and fastbreaks. That's a 2k issue, nothing sliders can do to help that. I've never had a 2 or 3 on 1 fastbreak ever in this game. The defense gets back so fast before your offensive AI players realize you have possession of the ball lol. It is what it is with that. Game is a lot of fun regardless

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. I tried doing 30 team control with this and the settings/sliders didn’t stick. Also tried controller switching in game. The only thing that would stick are the matchups. Everything else reverts back to Default. Otherwise, I’d be having one hell of a good time with this game. I hate that every game currently feels the same as far as the CPU defense goes.

I didn’t specifically try each slider, but I do remember changing the defensive pressure slider. Maybe it’s just that individual slider that does nothing.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

i’m running these sliders tweaked for HoF and 2k cam. i have attack the basket at 50 and Oawr/Dawr at 85/65 each and i’m getting about 20 FTA each per game. not sure which change has the biggest impact
Old 10-25-2022, 09:56 PM   #85
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
i’m running these sliders tweaked for HoF and 2k cam. i have attack the basket at 50 and Oawr/Dawr at 85/65 each and i’m getting about 20 FTA each per game. not sure which change has the biggest impact
It seems like to me anyway the higher the offensive awareness the quicker pace the cpu plays.

Very rare irl teams are shooting with under 5sec on shot clock. Anymore they are putting up a shot within the first 14 seconds. I'd love an option in 2k to set shot clock anywhere I wanted to create this faster pace needed. A 15-20sec shot clock on the game would go a long way in the video game.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-25-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2022, 12:55 AM   #86
MVP

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Am I just the only one seeing absurd 3 point numbers by the CPU? Lakers just went 20/31 through 3 quarters. Couldn’t take it anymore. I’ve scaled the 3 point tendency back what I feel like is a lot.

It seems like defense is completely irrelevant. Having a good defender fully contesting just isn’t doing anything.

Okay. Well. Then I followed this up with not guarding Curry to see how he would do and he went 3-13 in the first quarter. Unguarded. So I’m officially confused lol.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 10-26-2022 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #87
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Am I just the only one seeing absurd 3 point numbers by the CPU? Lakers just went 20/31 through 3 quarters. Couldn’t take it anymore. I’ve scaled the 3 point tendency back what I feel like is a lot.

It seems like defense is completely irrelevant. Having a good defender fully contesting just isn’t doing anything.

Okay. Well. Then I followed this up with not guarding Curry to see how he would do and he went 3-13 in the first quarter. Unguarded. So I’m officially confused lol.
Yeah, I moved the CPU slider down to 60 to see what happens for a few games. My problem is that my defense seems to be leaving guys wide open in the corners to shoot easy 3's. I also tried Schnaidts trick of moving the Defense Awareness up a little bit, while lowering offensive awareness. I'll see how this plays out for me.
Old 10-26-2022, 01:25 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Yeah, I moved the CPU slider down to 60 to see what happens for a few games. My problem is that my defense seems to be leaving guys wide open in the corners to shoot easy 3's. I also tried Schnaidts trick of moving the Defense Awareness up a little bit, while lowering offensive awareness. I'll see how this plays out for me.

The defensive logic is just really bad and has been for awhile. A lot of ballside corner help when it isn’t needed. Has been a problem for a very long time now. Czar actually reached out on this issue last night and said “the AI is not always consistent on what it considers 1 and 2 passes away.” Which I didn’t really understand considering a drive from the wing seemingly ALWAYS triggers ballside corner help. So it’s not as though overly complex situations are causing AI mishaps, but very basic situations. The broken coach settings that have been untouched for a second year now make the issues even worse.

I’m going to keep tweaking these though as I feel they’re pretty close to giving a good enough game of ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »