Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2022, 06:37 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Im on broadcast cam, run my own plays.
I appreciate the effort and time you put in these sliders, i dont mean disrespect.
I am tinkering with them, i cant seem to lose. My best effort was coming back from 27 down v Brooklyn
Old 10-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #74
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Having a blast with this set (Downloaded the Xbox X version from the vault). I have to admit, I was a little intimidated using a set starting at Superstar because I'm a pretty novice player but this actually played much nicer than sets I made based on Rookie and Pro. I did up the Defensive Assist to 70 in Control settings because defense is my biggest weakness. I'm getting high scoring games, low scoring games, blowouts, and close contests. Stats seem fairly realistic at the end of the games. Good work!
Old 10-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswill78
I appreciate the effort and time you put in these sliders, i dont mean disrespect.
I am tinkering with them, i cant seem to lose. My best effort was coming back from 27 down v Brooklyn
Its probably because of Ja.
I had Steve Francis in the first year of myNBA and he was an absolute cheat code that shot over 60%, and he doesn't have Ja level speed. Penetrating guards that play above the rim are currently OP.

Few things you could try if this is the case for you is
-Raise the help D coaching sliders for AI controlled teams
-boost the AI defensive awareness
-Raise the help D strength
-Raise the layup defense sliders
-Trade Ja
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #76
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Don't call your own plays..

Let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswill78

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 10-25-2022, 01:19 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Played these for the first time in 2K23, I’m seeing some the exact same issues I had with these sliders in 22. The CPU takes SO many threes, and they make WAY more than they should. It’s like defensive pressure is irrelevant.

It was only one game, but the Celtics went 26/53 from three. I’d say around 40% of those makes were completely smothered defense. Blake Griffin even went 3 for 3 with one being with a defender right in his face. Like I said, I had this issue with your slider set last year also but never got around to trying to mitigate it (i didn’t play much until the end of the cycle). I know that’s a small sample for this year, but seeing as it played very similar to what I was experiencing last year, I assume it’s relatively the same issue.

Does this have to do with using Real Player %? Would jump shot release/gather help this issue more?

Also, one thing that I don’t think is a slider fix, the CPU was almost a little too reliant on its freelance. It kept hitting some of the same actions over and over and over and over. It was very repetitive (which is how I was getting so many contests. They kept pulling off of this one downscreen basically every time they caught it).

Offensively, the game feels really good. Not too easy, but realistically tough.

Hoping to get these going better. It feels very close.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:00 AM   #78
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I have heard multiple people say that Czar said HOF gives the best version of ACE, but a few years ago Czar in a stream said that Superstar is best for ACE and that HOF doesn't do anything for ACE, the added difficulty only comes from AI ratings boost. Have you heard anything about this?

Put differently, it use to be this:

Superstar: Ace 100%, AI equal

HOF: Ace 100%, AI +5 rating (made up number)

Is that still the case or is it more like this:

Superstar: Ace 80%, AI equal

HOF: Ace 100%, AI +2
Wow I did not know this! Now that I do I went up to superstar and used a combination of these sliders and my Pro+++ sliders. Definitely noticed ACE working. Especially after halftime. Maybe that's the only time the coaches adjust?

I wish there was a way to see what adjustments were made. Had a few incredible games though and will be sticking with superstar difficulty from now on. Kind of dumb ACE doesn't work on lower difficulties. 2k should put that in the description somewhere so we know. Or grey out ACE as N/A until you go to superstar or HOF. That would be a simple fix so everyone understands.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 10-25-2022, 06:03 AM   #79
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Played these for the first time in 2K23, I’m seeing some the exact same issues I had with these sliders in 22. The CPU takes SO many threes, and they make WAY more than they should. It’s like defensive pressure is irrelevant.

It was only one game, but the Celtics went 26/53 from three. I’d say around 40% of those makes were completely smothered defense. Blake Griffin even went 3 for 3 with one being with a defender right in his face. Like I said, I had this issue with your slider set last year also but never got around to trying to mitigate it (i didn’t play much until the end of the cycle). I know that’s a small sample for this year, but seeing as it played very similar to what I was experiencing last year, I assume it’s relatively the same issue.

Does this have to do with using Real Player %? Would jump shot release/gather help this issue more?

Also, one thing that I don’t think is a slider fix, the CPU was almost a little too reliant on its freelance. It kept hitting some of the same actions over and over and over and over. It was very repetitive (which is how I was getting so many contests. They kept pulling off of this one downscreen basically every time they caught it).

Offensively, the game feels really good. Not too easy, but realistically tough.

Hoping to get these going better. It feels very close.
Lower cpu 3pt shot tendency until you get an acceptable amount of 3pa you're looking for. 85 was too high for me as well so I understand what you mean.

If you want less freelance from cpu go to coach sliders and raise run plays slider to a higher number.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-25-2022 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:16 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk-eeter_B
Wow I did not know this! Now that I do I went up to superstar and used a combination of these sliders and my Pro+++ sliders. Definitely noticed ACE working. Especially after halftime. Maybe that's the only time the coaches adjust?

I wish there was a way to see what adjustments were made. Had a few incredible games though and will be sticking with superstar difficulty from now on. Kind of dumb ACE doesn't work on lower difficulties. 2k should put that in the description somewhere so we know. Or grey out ACE as N/A until you go to superstar or HOF. That would be a simple fix so everyone understands.

ACE is still active on lower difficulties, it just takes longer. If you are torching the AI with one player it will take more points for them to double team or react to that, but eventually they will.

Still though, the game does play as if every difficulty below superstar is casual mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »