Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #161
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Yeah the main menu updates messed it up. I'm waiting for 2k to fix it as they been dropping updates every 2-3 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I’m using these and tonight I saw terrible shooting by CPU and lights out shooting by me. Multiple games, different teams. And Free Throws for me we’re about 97%. CPU when they got to line were shooting 80s. Steph Curry just went 7-26 from three against me. Terrible games. Before the patch/ update whatever caused this it was playing pretty good. My free throws were too high but generally good. Tonight Terrible games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #162
Pro

OVR: 7

Are these on 2k Share? If so, what is your gamertag?
Old 12-17-2022, 12:55 PM   #163
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Are these on 2k Share? If so, what is your gamertag?
He has all the information posted on the front page
Old 12-19-2022, 02:21 PM   #164

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I tried these for all of 1 game so far and it was good.

I don't like playing the current NBA style as much where everyone just shoots 3s most of the game, but these sliders still seemed good.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:28 PM   #165
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I tried these for all of 1 game so far and it was good.

I don't like playing the current NBA style as much where everyone just shoots 3s most of the game, but these sliders still seemed good.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #166
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Any suggestions for me shooting way too high of FG%? I was shooting anywhere from 39 to 49% before and the computer was giving me a challenge but it seems like something changed and I'm consistently shooting 50-70% and the computer isn't really challenging me on defense. It seems like every mid range jumper is a swish. Should I bump up CPU Defensive Awareness or just drop my shooting sliders?
Old 12-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Any suggestions for me shooting way too high of FG%? I was shooting anywhere from 39 to 49% before and the computer was giving me a challenge but it seems like something changed and I'm consistently shooting 50-70% and the computer isn't really challenging me on defense. It seems like every mid range jumper is a swish. Should I bump up CPU Defensive Awareness or just drop my shooting sliders?
If that makes it any better, I got the exact same experience. Also I feel like making changes to defensive awareness or offensive awareness isn't that much of a difference maker despite what schnaidt said!

How I go about changing things is jump into 2KU and change shooting sliders by increments of 2 until I find the sweet spot I like (gotta take into account they're open shots). Then I feel like a reason why many shots go in is because defenders can't really stay in front of offensive players and great contests are probably slightly too hard to pull off (especially for the CPU).

So basically :
- To help defenders stay in front of their man : boost lateral quickness by increments of 5 for both the user and CPU and maybe boost on ball defense by increments of 2.
- Make shooting slightly harder by increments of 2 and decrease shot coverage impact by 10-15 to allow contested shots to still go in
- Make defenders smarter, try to tweak defensive settings (help defense slider etc) or improve def awareness sliders to a value above 50
- Slightly increase Jump shot defense strength (release) so that great contests are harder to score against (the low shot coverage impact value should still allow contested shots to go in here and there)

Just I do it, I don't guarantee results tho lol
Old 12-20-2022, 10:56 AM   #168
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Belhanda
If that makes it any better, I got the exact same experience. Also I feel like making changes to defensive awareness or offensive awareness isn't that much of a difference maker despite what schnaidt said!

How I go about changing things is jump into 2KU and change shooting sliders by increments of 2 until I find the sweet spot I like (gotta take into account they're open shots). Then I feel like a reason why many shots go in is because defenders can't really stay in front of offensive players and great contests are probably slightly too hard to pull off (especially for the CPU).

So basically :
- To help defenders stay in front of their man : boost lateral quickness by increments of 5 for both the user and CPU and maybe boost on ball defense by increments of 2.
- Make shooting slightly harder by increments of 2 and decrease shot coverage impact by 10-15 to allow contested shots to still go in
- Make defenders smarter, try to tweak defensive settings (help defense slider etc) or improve def awareness sliders to a value above 50
- Slightly increase Jump shot defense strength (release) so that great contests are harder to score against (the low shot coverage impact value should still allow contested shots to go in here and there)

Just I do it, I don't guarantee results tho lol
Thanks for the tips. I also find one reason my FG% is so high is that the CPU seems less tough up the middle and I can run almost any guy into the paint for an easy layup. I remember when I first started using these sliders it was a challenge to get guys into the paint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »