Home

What is the most realistic pitching interface?

This is a discussion on What is the most realistic pitching interface? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2022, 09:05 PM   #33
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is the most realistic pitching interface?

Average walks per 9 this year is anywhere from 2-5 per game. So maybe you don't need a slider adjustments. I normally play on All Star and I have realistic stats literally every game! FYI, I pitch with classic. https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/walks-per-9

Last edited by damion2721; 04-18-2022 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:08 AM   #34
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

It's still REALLY early in the season. OPS is also the lowest since 1981 and Batting Average is the lowest ever. 2021's range was 2.6-3.9 (3.3 average). 2019 was 2.4 to 3.8 (3.3 avg). 2018 was 2.5 to 4.1 (3.2 avg). You've got to go back to the 2005 Twins to find a team that had a bb/9 over the whole season as low as the Tigers have over the first couple weeks. I think if you're around 2 or lower or anywhere near 5, you might want to adjust some sliders.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2022, 07:15 AM   #35
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

Nah, I'm good. The game plays great without screwing with sliders. It's just a rabbit hole with no end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2022, 09:53 AM   #36
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Define realistic. As far as the player ratings making the biggest impact compared to how good a person happens to be at video games, classic is the most realistic.

Not true at all. As a Zone player, you can square balls up with good to perfect timing and just hit balls right at people. Ratings still matter no matter what setting you use, but having a mode where you can hold the controller in one hand and just press one button is wrong. It destroys competitive balance.

As for pitching setting, I’ve always used meter. Like above , I do t feel like it’s “too easy” because depending on the pitcher (again, ratings) even when you hit the meter in good spot many times the ball doesn’t go anywhere near where you pitched it.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #37
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
Not true at all. As a Zone player, you can square balls up with good to perfect timing and just hit balls right at people. Ratings still matter no matter what setting you use, but having a mode where you can hold the controller in one hand and just press one button is wrong. It destroys competitive balance.

As for pitching setting, I’ve always used meter. Like above , I do t feel like it’s “too easy” because depending on the pitcher (again, ratings) even when you hit the meter in good spot many times the ball doesn’t go anywhere near where you pitched it.
How is this "wrong"? It's the absolute most reliant on a player's hitting ratings compared to any of the other modes. You basically decide only when to swing, the rest is completely up to the ratings of the guy in the batters box.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:10 AM   #38
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
How is this "wrong"? It's the absolute most reliant on a player's hitting ratings compared to any of the other modes. You basically decide only when to swing, the rest is completely up to the ratings of the guy in the batters box.
Exactly, plus zone hitting offers more fidelity for getting pitches outside the zone.

You also have to build your teams quite differently when using directional - which is, in of itself, a user skill.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #39
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
If you want to play competitive ( mostly DD/online ). But if you want to play more sim oriented, directional hitting and classic meter are really a good choice. For example, when i play online games i always use Buttons Accuracy for fielding while offline it's terrible and unrealistic because you'll never see a throwing error. So i use only Buttons for fielding in offline games cause i want a better simulation of baseball.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:26 PM   #40
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
If you want to play competitive ( mostly DD/online ). But if you want to play more sim oriented, directional hitting and classic meter are really a good choice. For example, when i play online games i always use Buttons Accuracy for fielding while offline it's terrible and unrealistic because you'll never see a throwing error. So i use only Buttons for fielding in offline games cause i want a better simulation of baseball.
I actually had to start using buttons online too. Because switching between the two kept really messing me up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »