Home

How Terrible Is the Trade Logic?!

This is a discussion on How Terrible Is the Trade Logic?! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3
How Terrible Is the Trade Logic?!

Playing on PS5. I'm waiting for full minors rosters, so haven't started a Franchise yet, but thought I'd poke around it to take my first look. Used the Royals. After looking around, I tried the Trade Finder. Put RF Jorge Solar (C) and SP Danny Duffy (C) up for trade to see what they would fetch. LOOK at what the computer is offering in return ...

BOS - Rafael Devers
NYY - Jasson Dominguez
TB - Tyler Glasnow
TB - Austin Meadows
DET - Akil Baddoo
MIN - Royce Lewis
HOU - Kyle Tucker
SEA - Julio Rodriguez
ATL - Christian Pache
SD - Chris Paddack
SD - McKenzie Gore

I thought SDS said in the lead ups to this release that they were re-evaluating trade logic and putting more value on young elite talent?!

You can literally get any player you want via trade for virtually nothing. I EASILY had a deal in place for Mike Trout. This is absolutely insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How Terrible Is the Trade Logic?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
Playing on PS5. I'm waiting for full minors rosters, so haven't started a Franchise yet, but thought I'd poke around it to take my first look. Used the Royals. After looking around, I tried the Trade Finder. Put RF Jorge Solar (C) and SP Danny Duffy (C) up for trade to see what they would fetch. LOOK at what the computer is offering in return ...

BOS - Rafael Devers

NYY - Jasson Dominguez

TB - Tyler Glasnow

TB - Austin Meadows

DET - Akil Baddoo

MIN - Royce Lewis

HOU - Kyle Tucker

SEA - Julio Rodriguez

ATL - Christian Pache

SD - Chris Paddack

SD - McKenzie Gore

I thought SDS said in the lead ups to this release that they were re-evaluating trade logic and putting more value on young elite talent?!

You can literally get any player you want via trade for virtually nothing. I EASILY had a deal in place for Mike Trout. This is absolutely insane.

I think context matters here...... what were the teams situations going into these trade proposals? I also have a hard time believing u were able to get Trout for “virtually nothing” most of the players you named are just prospects and you offered 2 veteran solid players although most wouldn’t do any of those trades regardless.......from what I’ve tinkered with I found acquiring legit 80+ guys was pretty difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-01-2021, 05:13 PM   #3
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

In my first off-season, post March to October, I had similar results.

I ended up with an elite team after an hour of suggested deals.

SP - Nola, Thor, Canning, Ohtani, Deivi Garcia, Luzardo, Mata, McKenzie, Verlander, Hamels, Grayson Rodriguez, Hunter Greene, Woods-Richardson, Patino, Bukauskas, Bernard Goins, Emil Esparza, Alexander Vizcaino, Edward Cabrera, Jake Wong, Matt Kent, Andreas Feliz

RP - Oliver Drake, David Robertson, Tony Watson, Tyler Clippard, Darren O'Day, Chaz Roe, Yusmeiro Petit, Oliver Perez, Sergio Romo, Raynel Espinal, Zack Thompson, Phillips Valdez, Justin Shafer, Alberto Baldonado, Eduard Bazardo, Kaleb Ort

CP - Osuna, Greg Holland, Sandy Lieberthal

C - Molina, Ronaldo Hernadez, Jhonny Pereda, Drew Butera, Austin Rei, Richie Klein

1B - Rafael Devers, Ryan Zimmerman, Yariel Gonzalez, Josh Ockimey, Albert Pujols, Gene Siffel

2B - Trevor Story, Gosuke Katoh, Yeltsin Encarnacion, Chris Jahnkow

3B - Fernando Tatis Jr., Vlad Guerrero Jr (DH), Matt Carpenter, Rex Baca, James Si, Gil Pacheco

SS - Francisco Lindor, Bobby Witt Jr, Wander Franco, Gunnar Henderson, Xavier Edwards, Marco Luciano, Orelvis Martinez

LF - Yordan Alvarez, Tristan Pompey, Jason Scott

CF - Starling Marte, Jasson Dominguez, Albert Almora Jr., Jarred Kelenic, Jo Adell, Anthony Alford, Jameson Hannah, Lewis Brinson, Victor Victor Mesa, Josh Lowe

RF - Juan Soto, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz, Jesus Sanchez, Hunter Cole, Chad Hendrick
Old 05-01-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

We would need to know player stats into the long term to get an idea if these trades really are poor though.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
We would need to know player stats into the long term to get an idea if these trades really are poor though.
Not really.

Running a test franchise, going into year 2 with Detroit -- DETROIT -- and I have Trout, Acuna, Jimenez, Vlad, K'Bryan Hayes, Ozzie Albies, Soroka and bunch of other stud pitchers. Also have like 25 of the top 50 prospects (Witt, Franco, etc.).

Trading is broken, massively.

It's good for fantasy rebuilds, though, I suppose...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #6
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Not really.

Running a test franchise, going into year 2 with Detroit -- DETROIT -- and I have Trout, Acuna, Jimenez, Vlad, K'Bryan Hayes, Ozzie Albies, Soroka and bunch of other stud pitchers. Also have like 25 of the top 50 prospects (Witt, Franco, etc.).

Yeah, and for people who want to game the CPU instead of trying to at least put up the pretense of trying to trade somewhat realistically.

In my tests, I haven’t seen the CPU make trades so foolish, only people trying to game the system, which you can do if you want, it’s your game.

If 10 year olds and tryhards couldn’t make trades like this, some folks would be pitching a fit because they can’t play like they want to.

Just my .02.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Not really.

Pics or it didn’t happen, I call BS 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-01-2021, 08:01 PM   #8
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsump112
Yeah, and for people who want to game the CPU instead of trying to at least put up the pretense of trying to trade somewhat realistically.

In my tests, I haven’t seen the CPU make trades so foolish, only people trying to game the system, which you can do if you want, it’s your game.

If 10 year olds and tryhards couldn’t make trades like this, some folks would be pitching a fit because they can’t play like they want to.

Just my .02.
Yeah as long as CPU teams are not making these types of trades with each other I am ok with it. Dont get me wrong, I'm sure there is still room for improvement, but I do think the logic is a bit better than it has been in previous years.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »