Home

Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2004, 02:11 AM   #41
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

Hey Bill,

Do you play with player equalizer on or off? Do you have any thoughts on the equalizer? I cant seem to notice a big difference either way yet.
Thanks. Lovin the sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2004, 12:51 PM   #42
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Great work on the sliders...very similar to what I was using (and unhappy with)...the slight tweaks in pursuit seem to have a 'domino effect' on other gameplay issues...the CPU called a very balanced game on O as well...

I kew you were on to something right off the bat when Javon Walker joined Breett Favre for the toss instead of rookie nicle back Ahman Carroll...I could never figure out why the AI chose him...

Its a stretch...but little things like this indicate that the 'larger picture' issues are being addressed...

Thanks for you input...

Problem is I'm still not passing well...it's not the 0 in passing...it's that the recievers need to be hit with the perfect pass (velocity) and be pretty much undisturbed by a DB or they drop it...even at full 40...the drop counts in these games is so much higher than NFL ststistics would indicate...

Still and all...these sliders kept me from a second 'rage attack' that has so far led to expenditures for replacement controllers and the disk itself...lol...
Old 09-07-2004, 03:41 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukester
I tried these slider for one quarter a few nights ago, and thought they would be great. Last night I re-re-re-re-re-re-started my franchise with the Giants, and played the Eagles for the millionth time. 16 turnovers later, Im left scratching my head.

I would have to consider myself a below average player in the game (maybe average). I would probably get whooped on online. However, in this game against the Eagles, I intercepted McNaab 8 times, Warner was picked off 5 times, and there were 3 fumble-turnovers (out of 4 fumbles). 3 of the 13 INT's went back for TD's. All of the INT's were by the CPU as I usually play the right DE on defense. Other than that, the stats looked pretty good (Barber had 76 yds on 22 carries, but I held Westbrook to around 25 yds on about 11 carries). Im stumped.
Nukester,
Sorry, man, I don't know what to tell you. I've played 40+ games with these sliders in their latest form and I've never seen more than five turnovers from one team, and I've never seen more than four interceptions (and that was only twice). Is there any chance that you had the Human pursuit rating cranked up by accident? I've seen those 8 int games, but only when pursuit was at 20+--DB's just get to the ball too quickly when pursuit is up.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:43 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown
Hey Bill,
I've loving your sliders....great work! One question for you...can you give some advice on playing D? I am getting torched all the time when it comes to playing pass D. Sometimes I just cant seem to stop the pass using your sliders. On defense, usually I control a DT like you but lately I have been experimenting with controlling a MLB or FS to try and slow down the CPU passing game.
I normally take the rubber band approach to defense--bend but not break. I will never play a pure man coverage--even if the offensive formation shows no wide receviers, I'll still call something with one safety deep (unless it's a goalline situation). Most of the time, I'll play cover-two, at a minimum. I want the CPU to have to earn their points.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder666
good job bill with those sliders... they are very god. The only thing is I think the premium back have to muh carries. Usually, the other teams backs gets anywhere between 25 and 35 carries against me and i never see the backups. I'm not sure if i should play with the fatigue slider ot the auto sub? what do you think???
It depends on the back's own fatigue rating, but if you've got fatigue set to 4 in the slider and auto sub set to 60-85, I'm not sure why you aren't seeing more substitutions. I think you could move 'out' in the auto-substition option up from 60 in increments and find a setting you like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 03:51 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
Hey Bill,
Do you play with player equalizer on or off? Do you have any thoughts on the equalizer? I cant seem to notice a big difference either way yet.
Thanks. Lovin the sliders!
I played a couple of games as a test. I thought the game did play differently, to some degree. There was also less offense in the games I played, and I didn't see any big plays (this does not match what some other people have said about it, so I think that a few games probably doesn't give a great sample). I was already very happy with the gameplay with EQ turned off, and I didn't see enough of a positive difference to make me want to switch.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:53 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Problem is I'm still not passing well...it's not the 0 in passing...it's that the recievers need to be hit with the perfect pass (velocity) and be pretty much undisturbed by a DB or they drop it...even at full 40...the drop counts in these games is so much higher than NFL ststistics would indicate...

Still and all...these sliders kept me from a second 'rage attack' that has so far led to expenditures for replacement controllers and the disk itself...lol...
I think it's definitely true that guys drop too many passes, particularly if you're ahead. However, I've also noticed that ratings really, really matter. If you acquire guys with great catch ratings, the drops go way down. I was getting burned the first few years because I'd just draft the fastest guys I could find in the later rounds, but none of those guys could catch--and they didn't.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #48
Rookie

bizarro's Arena

OVR: 3

Amazing sliders. I've managed to eek out a 9-6 record with a severely injury-depleted Jets team (no Moss, McCareins, or Becht), but it's a been a really hard-fought season. I'm seeing many different types of games still, which is great... blow-outs going both ways, shootouts, low-scoring affairs, and a good number of comebacks.

Two strange things I've been seeing. Every four or five games, the refs will get really trigger happy on a specific call, like pass-interference, for instance. Sometimes I get called for it six times in a game, and then the next game everything's back to normal. This doesn't bother me much, but I'm interested to know if anyone else is seeing it.

The second is pursuit speed in the open field. When an opposing player breaks into the open field, I often have to let my CPU controlled teammates chase him down, as when I take control of them, they immediately lose a ton of speed, and no amount of button pressing can make up for it. Any thoughts? Again, doesn't really bother me. This is the first football game I've ever really fallen in love with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »