Home

Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

Bill,

Thanks for the best sliders in the business. As you
can see, many of us feel the same way! Good job!
Old 08-29-2004, 04:18 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Bill,

Care to comment on the 40 rating for CPU kicking? I have it turned down and as it is they seem to make FGs way too often.

Thanks for the sliders.

Jesse
Old 08-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway
Bill,
Care to comment on the 40 rating for CPU kicking? I have it turned down and as it is they seem to make FGs way too often.
Thanks for the sliders.
Jesse
Sure. I actually tested that in situation mode by setting up an end-of-game situation. Even with FG at 40 for the CPU, they weren't as accurate as they are in the real NFL.

It's pretty interesting to check out, if you have the time. You can do 15-20 kicks by distance and accuracy rating and chart the results on a grid. I wound up charting about seventy-five total attempts.

Before I tested, I had CPU field goal at 0 and was absolutely positive that it was the right setting. But when I actually tested, accuracy even at 32 was way below what it should be. Even at 40, the CPU kickers aren't quite as accurate, but it's as close as we can get.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Sure. I actually tested that in situation mode by setting up an end-of-game situation. Even with FG at 40 for the CPU, they weren't as accurate as they are in the real NFL.

It's pretty interesting to check out, if you have the time. You can do 15-20 kicks by distance and accuracy rating and chart the results on a grid. I wound up charting about seventy-five total attempts.

Before I tested, I had CPU field goal at 0 and was absolutely positive that it was the right setting. But when I actually tested, accuracy even at 32 was way below what it should be. Even at 40, the CPU kickers aren't quite as accurate, but it's as close as we can get.
That is interesting, guess I'll have to bump it up again.

What distances did you do? 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+?

Jesse
Old 08-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway
That is interesting, guess I'll have to bump it up again.

What distances did you do? 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+?
Jesse
Jesse, here's the original thread that has most of the details:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...82#post1146982

You can find FG accuracy % for last year from this page: http://www.slam.ca/FootballNFL/stats.html. Almost everybody in the league is over 75% overall, which just amazes me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bill,

How're your fumbles coming along. I fumble 2-3 times a game. If it's a rain game, we're talking about 4-5. Other than that, everything else is on point.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj3783
Bill,
How're your fumbles coming along. I fumble 2-3 times a game. If it's a rain game, we're talking about 4-5. Other than that, everything else is on point.
I'm leaving it at 28. I fumble quite a bit in rain/snow, but not often at all in regular games, which seems about right to me. Plus I'm not recovering many fumbles from the CPU, either.

Based on the testing we did a few weeks ago (about 25 simmed games), 28 seemed to be pretty close to real NFL averages. The 'secure ball' rating really makes a big difference, though, so any data that didn't systematically sample secure ball ratings at about five point intervals (which would have taken hundreds of simmed games) is not conclusive.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #24
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Are you guys seeing alot, and I mean alot, of dropped passes fpr your receivers? McNair is 5 of 26 but should be about 18 of 26. It's really starting to piss me off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »